Massive Rifle Sticks

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Massive Rifle Sticks

Postby neilhavkin » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:09 am

This is a thread where I will release the sticks in my high-powered rifle pack. This pack will include sniper rifles, anti-materiel rifles, battle rifles, and marksman rifles. Basically, high-powered weapons that fire high-powered rounds such as the 7.62x51mm NATO or the .50 BMG. This pack will include high-powered rifles and only high-powered rifles. No shotguns or handguns, no knives, battle axes, or grenades. Just big guns that take forever to make.

Some of the weapons I will be making for this pack are:

• FN SCAR-H
    • KAC M110 SASS
    • SEI M14 EBR
    • Remington M24A1
    • Accuracy International L118A1
    • Barrett M82A3 SASR

Et cetera, et cetera. You get the point, very powerful rifles. I have a lot of difficulty making these sticks due to the segment limit, but I should be able to make most of these and maybe a few more.

Each of these stick takes about two fucking hours to complete so any appreciation or use of these sticks would be stupendous and I'd be really grateful. I literally spend seven or eight hours per day making sticks and now that I'm making really difficult and detailed sticks, half of them end up above the segment limit and four hours per day go to waste. I stay up until four in the morning making these things in a caffeine-induced haze.

I have completed my first stick, the L96A1. It is a British sniper rifle manufactured by Accuracy International that fires the 7.62x51mm NATO round. This is one of my highest quality sticks, and any use of it would be greatly appreciated.

I have completed another stick, the Barrett M82A3, an American anti-materiel rifle that fires the extremely powerful .50 BMG round. This thing packs enough kinetic energy to blow a person apart.

I have completed the FN FAL, a Belgian battle rifle that fires the 7.62x51mm NATO round. Over two million have been made, and the FAL has been called "the right arm of the free world" due to its widespread adoption by NATO countries.

I have completed the M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System, an American sniper rifle designed by Knights Armament Company that fires the 7.62x51mm NATO round.

The M40A3 is an American sniper rifle manufactured by Remington, firing the 7.62x51mm NATO round. The M40A3 is the standard sniper rifle for the United States Marine Corps.

neilhavkinOffline
VIP

Re: Massive Rifle Sticks

Postby Mitch » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:02 am

These are pretty well made man, good stuff.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Re: Massive Rifle Sticks: FAL

Postby neilhavkin » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:23 am

I have completed the FN FAL, a Belgian battle rifle that fires the 7.62x51mm NATO round. Over two million have been made, and the FAL has been called "the right arm of the free world" due to its widespread adoption by NATO countries.

neilhavkinOffline
VIP

Postby Mat » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:07 am

They look great up close, but when you shrink them down to animation size they look really blocky. I don't really see much animation value for these sticks apart from possibly close ups. Still look good though.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby neilhavkin » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:06 am

Mat wrote:They look great up close, but when you shrink them down to animation size they look really blocky. I don't really see much animation value for these sticks apart from possibly close ups. Still look good though.

You have to shrink them in the right way. Most sticks get messed up when you shrink them and there's almost nothing you can do about it.
neilhavkinOffline
VIP

Postby socks » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:12 am

neilhavkin wrote:
Mat wrote:They look great up close, but when you shrink them down to animation size they look really blocky. I don't really see much animation value for these sticks apart from possibly close ups. Still look good though.

You have to shrink them in the right way. Most sticks get messed up when you shrink them and there's almost nothing you can do about it.

Make a smaller version of the stick perhaps?
Possibly find a reference of a smaller one and use it to create one smaller than the ones you have now. Just an option.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Jon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:00 am

Neil, just edit your original posts, instead of triple posting.
I edited it all for you, so you can see what I mean.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Return to Animation Chat / Resources