Graph that explains everything about Pivot

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: Graph that explains everything about Pivot

Postby SIFTER » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:06 am

Maybe, just MAYBE, if we get to release more succesful collabs, things might change a bit? I don't know if collabs have to do anything with it, but I personnaly think that if we show to other communities that Pivot community is still going and capable of doing succesful collaborations or joints, people might consider giving it a go or another go for those who quit. Who knows?
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Mitch » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:20 am

Oh wowzers pivot stickman adventure isn't popular anymore, sad fucking day lmao. Shit like this is worse than the "issue" itself, if you can even call it an issue. The average 10 year old is obviously gonna pick up the newest call duty modern gunfight instead of moving fucking dots, and I would have done the same shit at that age (had it been as accessible as it is now.)

I honestly don't see the huge problem with this niche little community, its comfy.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby tenks » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:43 pm

this whole thread lmao
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Sifter wrote:Maybe, just MAYBE, if we get to release more succesful collabs, things might change a bit? I don't know if collabs have to do anything with it, but I personnaly think that if we show to other communities that Pivot community is still going and capable of doing succesful collaborations or joints, people might consider giving it a go or another go for those who quit. Who knows?

I think we can revive pivot. If we had the channel DDCollab back, or get our new channel up and keep posting videos, we would eventually attract people. Our animations are 10x better than it was back in 2007. Some of which I think is better than flash.

Peterbone says he might add in tweening to pivot. Which will speed up the production of animations.
We got the FFA, the DD12, the Intermediate Joint 2, Worst Animation Collab 2, Doors Tribute, etc.

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby MCToast » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:12 pm

More people drawing less moving points on the screen.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Extra » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:10 pm

we should make stickfigures on crack hehe
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Postby The Black Mamba » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:21 pm

LordPivot wrote:When did Flash come out? It might have been seen as better than pivot.

Yeah, Flash has been around for a long ass time man.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Gage » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:44 pm

The Black Mamba wrote:
LordPivot wrote:When did Flash come out? It might have been seen as better than pivot.

Yeah, Flash has been around for a long ass time man.

Since late 1996 :)
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Царица Луна » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:02 pm

Though it may be unsettling seeing the decline of Pivot's general popularity/interest declining, there's at least still the comfort of knowing that, along with many other things, Pivot will probably always have a relatively small dedicated group of people using it.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby peterbone » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:35 am

If you search 'pivot animator' the picture isn't quite as bad. People are still searching to download the software. There's been a small increase since the release of Pivot 4. This shows that people are still interested in making animations, but maybe not so much in the community. Also searches for 'pivot animation' are from mostly English speaking countries, so excludes most of the world. 'pivot animator' is much more evenly spread over the world. I really can't explain why stick animation has declined in general. I think people just started getting sick of seeing stickmen. Hence why I added sprites in Pivot 3/4.

https://www.google.co.uk/trends/explore ... ion&cmpt=q

The fact that flash is declining is interesting as well
https://www.google.co.uk/trends/explore ... rns&cmpt=q
Last edited by peterbone on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Lord » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:48 am

Mitch wrote:Oh wowzers pivot stickman adventure isn't popular anymore, sad fucking day lmao. Shit like this is worse than the "issue" itself, if you can even call it an issue. The average 10 year old is obviously gonna pick up the newest call duty modern gunfight instead of moving fucking dots, and I would have done the same shit at that age (had it been as accessible as it is now.)

I honestly don't see the huge problem with this niche little community, its comfy.

This seems like the most believable theory, In the last 8 years graphics for video games have gone through the roof,
(and peoples attention spans have dropped, aswell as laziness has grown too)
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Gage » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:05 pm

You guys do know that the scale is in beta and really broken, right? Try turning a lower case letter into an upper case letter lol

http://i.imgur.com/3RdKUW1.png and http://i.imgur.com/ova5Xci.png
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Krustalien » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:54 pm

Started animating consistently for YouTube in 2008 under Espermatazoide. I even had Hopdiddy and PivotMasterDX on my contacts lists. You're all jelly.
KrustalienOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Koolcid » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:45 pm

Krustalien wrote:Started animating consistently for YouTube in 2008 under Espermatazoide. I even had Hopdiddy and PivotMasterDX on my contacts lists. You're all jelly.

Does that mean you know what happened to both of them? :P
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby Gage » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:27 pm

Krustalien wrote:Started animating consistently for YouTube in 2008 under Espermatazoide. I even had Hopdiddy and PivotMasterDX on my contacts lists. You're all jelly.

ogm rly?!?!?!1111???eleven!?!!
GageOffline
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk