How did you find Darkdemon and why did you join?

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: How did you find Darkdemon and why did you join?

Postby Gage » Tue May 20, 2014 6:17 am

I remember finding a pivot animation, When I was 9 or so, on YouTube and wondered what program it was even though it had the name in the title, so I left a comment like a dumb person asking about it and got called a dumbass for doing so. I found out it was free and downloaded it with out permission on my grandmother's computer. She told me it was fine and the first animation.
I made was with some guy with a fat head shooting a gun up in the air next to another guy across from him, a car came and ran him over, "The End" popped up on the screen with a question mark, the question mark's period fell onto the guy with the gun's head and killed him. Nobody ever saw that animation except for me, I did save it and hopefully I can find it somewhere on my grandmother's old hard drive someday to make a comparison of what I can do now by re-creating it.
I started up a YouTube channel with the name of PivotMasterPM, not even knowing who PivotMasterDX was at the time, I tried PivtoMaster but of course that was taken so I put PM for PivotMaster, so it was basically PivotMasterPivotMaster. I ended up getting called unoriginal for stealing PivotMasterDX's name while not know who he was, I checked out his channel and thought that he was unoriginal himself by just stealing lines from overly-popular movies from the time, and even stealing other people's artwork/animations.
About 2 years later I made a new identity called "Trianglz" and shared it with my brother for when we joined FluidAnims.
I found someone's channel who was involved with DarkDemon but never knew about it, I believe it was Jojishi/PivotPro333 (glad you're still here making pivot animations and I am able to talk to you btw). Anyway I never found out about DarkDemon through Jojishi, I then wondered upon a lot of other anime parodied Pivot animations like Razo, Grace, D8struction, and imlieksocool123. But I also found some pretty creative animators such as pivotelite, Doddsy, ipwnall, AtokNiiro, and YoungWalRang. I then found o0BladeMaster0o and really liked his style, I saw that he linked DarkDemon on his YouTube so I joined there, I lurked most of the time and admired SharpShooter's animations and then got the guts to talk to him a bit and found out he was younger than me at the age of 10, I was REALLY amazed by that too. Anyway, I only ended up lurking the forums and only spoke to Jon and Sharpshooter from that point on, also ended up joining HippitPivot and hung out there mostly for posts, became good friends with pivotelite there too.
Joined back when I heard about this place, pretty depressed about hearing what DarkApple did to the forums, all those memories lost too..
But yes, I am now DragonCheesecake! \o/
Last edited by Gage on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
GageOffline
VIP

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Sat May 31, 2014 3:13 pm

Found some random stickfigure game that works very similar to pivot back in 2007, wanted to get something better, got pivot at 2008. Looked up some pivot animations on youtube, found Jojishi's DBZ videos, and then I got extremely inspired by them. Wanted the DBZ sticks Jojishi used, found droidz, then found Darkdemon by droidz.

Used to hate the DD community by how begginners had to have the skill of veterans/elites to join intermediate.
So yeah, I guess i disliked the website probably because it took me 6 years just to get to intermediate, and the only reason I got intermediate was because the standards were dramatically lowered. I still don't feel accomplished today xd. Not until I'm on the same rank as my former rivals, yogurt, archangel, xelite, etc. But dont get me wrong, I still love the website.
Last edited by ZucchiniJuice on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby tuna » Sat May 31, 2014 3:34 pm

I get sent a video link by someone on YouTube who sent me HBomb's 'Best pivot fight ever'. I was inspired, I wanted to see more, I watched all his videos. He had a link to DarkDemon.org in his channel description. I signed up immediately.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Dyker » Sat May 31, 2014 3:50 pm

i came across darkdemon from youtube from watching one of the ddc's aha, i was interested and so decided to join up really, and here i am (:P
DykerOffline
Active
Active

Postby Kompressor » Sat May 31, 2014 4:20 pm

Around 2008, I joined the Pivot Animation forum, (it closed late 2013... i never got to say goodbye (wail ). From there once I reached intermediate in that forum, I went to DarkDemon from friend's advice. Although I never got intermediate I still enjoy animating often.

I went through a lot of names, NoPivot4You, Banned, Fate, Ponyo
KompressorOffline
Determined
Determined

Postby Alca » Sat May 31, 2014 6:10 pm

Not a particularly interesting story, but a while ago when I first got into Pivot I uploaded a few animations to youtube. Got a pm from some guy about his pivot forum at animashons.darkbb.com So I stayed there for a while and eventually became staff. Site suddenly died when the owner abandoned it though, then moved onto a forum called animatorx (now alternate platform) which one of the members of animashons made, which is now pretty much dead too. Got pretty involved in a site called HippiePivot, but I eventually noticed a few guys claiming that they were from Darkdemon or something, so I decided to check it out.

Never became particularly involved in the community because I didn't have much interest in animating. Didn't really become active until I noticed the anime thread, then I eventually moved to Artangle when DD became more inactive, and then eventually this site.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Behemoth » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:18 pm

I was first on YouTube, watching shitty pivot animations by PMDX and the other pivot "comedy" animators. Boy were those regrettable years and time wasted. Later found OblivionFall and I thought his animations were cool. Then I saw DDC8 and continued to watch a bunch of other DDCs. At the time I wanted to be one of those cool animators, so I downloaded pivot, joined DD, did, said, and animated stupid shit, was complete noob on there, and then I finally became an intermediate and half-way through got bored, left for PA for a couple months, came back, and animate off and on.
BehemothOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Amir » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:48 pm

I started animating with Pivot in 2011 and I really loved this program so I made some animations and uploaded to YouTube, found that video: "The Most INSANE Pivot Fight in the UNIVERSE!!!!!" by Jojishi and I loved it and sticked to Jojishi's channel and he always talked about DarkDemon.org, the ranks and the DDC11 etc...so I joined.
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:28 pm

It seems most people joined DD because of

A: They lurked the forums a bit because they were intimidated.
B: They saw Jojishi's DBZ animations
C: They saw the DDC's
E: PivotMasterDX

I am an A & B

I wonder why everyone was so intimidated. I was intimidated because the forums looked like it was a Druggie convention. I always found posts about getting high and doing dank. (And still do a bit today.)

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Behemoth » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:11 pm

SecretName wrote:It seems most people joined DD because of

A: They lurked the forums a bit because they were intimidated.
B: They saw Jojishi's DBZ animations
C: They saw the DDC's
E: PivotMasterDX

I am an A & B

I wonder why everyone was so intimidated. I was intimidated because the forums looked like it was a Druggie convention. I always found posts about getting high and doing dank. (And still do a bit today.)

I was intimidated mainly because of Skype, Crono, and Damon. They seemed like tyrants to me at the time.
BehemothOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Rebmund10 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:34 am

It all started somewhere in 2010. I got interested in pivot while watching pivot dino fights and downloaded it. While searching for downloadable pivot stks, I stumbled upon DarkDemon.org. I looked for stks and I didn't find the things I want so I left. Few years later, after a year of not animating, I started once again and corrected some mistakes. Sometime later, I joined the SP Forums and got interested on RHG. After someone mentioned DD, I remembered it and joined. I was not very active at that time until everyone moved here.

That's my story. (:P
Rebmund10Offline
Active
Active

Postby Jojishi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:24 pm

I'm pleased to hear that I inspired people to join. I'm happy I could be so helpful to the Pivot community. :)

I found PivotMasterDX's videos at first, then tried making my own Pivot animations in June of 2008. I had so much fun I just made amateur animations each day for a month. I joined YouTube after I animated with Pivot for a month. I didn't take it seriously until a couple of months later when I found out about the DarkDemon Collabs and watched them. I tried to improve but only got to a High Beginner level.

At the end of 2008 I joined DarkDemon because Cressel convinced me to. I'd just befriended him in October when WTFTeam was recently founded. I only lurked DarkDemon in 2009. In 2009 was when I decided I was decent enough to make something big. This is the year when I made the first 3 DBZ animations of the DBZ series. After the success I received there I felt confident enough to actually be active on DarkDemon. I didn't join at first because like other people, I was intimidated by some of the community. I wanted to join though because I wanted to improve so desperately.

I've animated for over 6 years, and I've been an active member of this place for 4 and a half years now. DarkDemon is one of the best communities I've ever been apart of.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Mitch » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:21 pm

Copied from artangle thread
-----

Was shown pivot by a friend in 5th grade, they all stayed interested for a few weeks and I kept going for months on end. Started making animations for youtube and was introduced to the idea of the ranking system and forums by watching youtube videos of Sharpshooter's animations, so he became my favorite animator dude.

Despite this DD was always made out by people on youtube to be this big evil place so I was too scared to join. I met a guy called Dass via youtube and we had so much fun talking shit via MSN, and through him I met another guy called Razormare who put me on to WTFteam which was in late V1 at that point iirc. Oh and I was actually on drowned bacon as well but I had shit all posts.

But anyway, I met a bunch of cool dudes like Xin, we would basically just laugh at some of the stuff that happened on the forum. Like Lith taking a giant shit on the Wtfteam staff before getting himself banned. Further down the track I met Cressel and eventually Tom/Blaze. So for pretty much all of DD's "golden days" I was off in my own little world.

Basically decided I was sick of being beginner and I wanted to get better at pivits, joined DD in 2012. Met all the cool DD folks like Lukas and Rez who I raced to inter, was still really inspired by Sharpshooter and the older animators but there were a lot of new animators that I hadn't even heard of that blew my fucking mind, mostly Cavolia. Eventually I found DDchat and was meeting all these cool people who's animations I had always loved like Mitchez. So in a fucking act of fate I ran into tenks in there, and it was clear that at first he fucking hated me the way he hates everyone he doesn't like, but eventually we found a bunch of questionable videos together and laughed and shit. I met Kody in there too and I was pretty surprised at how approachable the dude was especially compared to fucking tenks that hooligan. Also at this point of my involvement with DD 50 percent of my nights were spent writing erotic fanficion about the staff with Shift. I really miss Shift.

So yeah back on the pivot side of things I guess I had like an "animation epiphany" and after about 7-8 years of being a beginner I made it to Veteran in like 8 months which felt cool and then just before getting Rank Team we pulled a honkie and ruined my reputation sorry. So then this place was made and I actually got rank team which is nice and here we are.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby qbeef » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:12 pm

I had an old account on dd and posted once in a while. eventually all the cool people I talked to stopped posting so I didn't care anymore. then the thing with darkadmin happened and I was like woah and got nostalgia when I saw this site. I joined and now here I am.
qbeefOffline
⦿
⦿

Postby Cressel » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:31 pm

Jojishi wrote:At the end of 2008 I joined DarkDemon because Cressel convinced me to. I'd just befriended him in October when WTFTeam was recently founded.
Ironically I don't remember how I found out about DD or why I joined. It was as usual the best known pivot community so I'm pretty certain it was mentioned to me.
I really only joined to get intermediate and be part of the cool boys at first, but I've grow really fond of the community even though I mostly just stalk here most of the time.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk