Graph that explains everything about Pivot

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: Graph that explains everything about Pivot

Postby peterbone » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:31 am

DragonCheesecake wrote:You guys do know that the scale is in beta and really broken, right? Try turning a lower case letter into an upper case letter lol

http://i.imgur.com/3RdKUW1.png and http://i.imgur.com/ova5Xci.png

I don't think it's broken. It's just case sensitive. Searches for 'adobe' are separate from searches for 'Adobe'.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Gage » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:26 am

peterbone wrote:
DragonCheesecake wrote:You guys do know that the scale is in beta and really broken, right? Try turning a lower case letter into an upper case letter lol

http://i.imgur.com/3RdKUW1.png and http://i.imgur.com/ova5Xci.png

I don't think it's broken. It's just case sensitive. Searches for 'adobe' are separate from searches for 'Adobe'.

Well yeah that's what I mean
searching for adobe and searching for Adobe should be the same thing.. I think..
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Phewz » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:08 am

Krustalien wrote:Started animating consistently for YouTube in 2008 under Espermatazoide. I even had Hopdiddy and PivotMasterDX on my contacts lists. You're all jelly.

i am pibotmasterdx
^ art thread, updated 18/01 ^
fasbook page | picfarto | dumblr | twatter
PhewzOffline
ヽ(’ ▽’ )ノ
Retired

Postby Josh » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:28 am

Phewz wrote:
Krustalien wrote:Started animating consistently for YouTube in 2008 under Espermatazoide. I even had Hopdiddy and PivotMasterDX on my contacts lists. You're all jelly.

i am pibotmasterdx

sfoc 4 pls
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Phewz » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:10 am

Minifrij wrote:
Phewz wrote:

i am pibotmasterdx

sfoc 4 pls

if you behave
^ art thread, updated 18/01 ^
fasbook page | picfarto | dumblr | twatter
PhewzOffline
ヽ(’ ▽’ )ノ
Retired

Postby Caleb » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:11 am

I'm surprised people are surprised about this.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Lord » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:14 am

Caleb wrote:I'm surprised people are surprised about this.

I'm surprised that you're surprised that people are surprised about this.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Gage » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:00 pm

SURPRISE! Image
words words words

EDIT: I do believe that once Coweetie is done with her project, there will be a big massive wave of kiddos surfing on the web to download pivot and to try out that awesome cool stuff and then humanity will be saved! \o/
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Lord » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:25 pm

um...
What are you talking about?
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Behemoth » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:05 am

I assuming because gaming on YouTube attracts a lot of 10+ children that pivot animations about video games would be the best bet in gaining more attention for pivot.
BehemothOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Jojishi » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:32 am

Behemoth wrote:I assuming because gaming on YouTube attracts a lot of 10+ children that pivot animations about video games would be the best bet in gaining more attention for pivot.

That's a good idea.

Unfortunately, I also believe this is a sign of the times... Stick-figure animation in general is just not interesting to kids anymore. Look at the state of Newgrounds now. People barely animate stuff anymore, and when it is it's random Oney humour that completely fails and just looks lazy.

YouTube was huge years ago and inspired people to create their own content. Now that content pertains to "Lets Plays" because that is the easiest way to draw viewers ever since gaming took over YouTube, and it's fun!... Meanwhile, the stuff that actually takes effort goes unnoticed (for the most part) and people who take the time to produce quality videos are turning to sites like vimeo now.

Something has seriously messed up the younger generation though. Instead of expanding their imaginations and exploring things creatively, they're just relying on technology to provide it for them. There are still some kids out there that take an interest in creative pursuits, but the rise in technology and a shaky economy has pretty much taken away their childhoods. I feel sorry for them in this way.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Lord » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:33 am

Behemoth wrote:I assuming because gaming on YouTube attracts a lot of 10+ children that pivot animations about video games would be the best bet in gaining more attention for pivot.

I'm actually planning an animation like that, I really do think it will be good.
Not telling anyone what it is though :)
Jojishi wrote:

That's a good idea.

Unfortunately, I also believe this is a sign of the times... Stick-figure animation in general is just not interesting to kids anymore. Look at the state of Newgrounds now. People barely animate stuff anymore, and when it is it's random Oney humour that completely fails and just looks lazy.

YouTube was huge years ago and inspired people to create their own content. Now that content pertains to "Lets Plays" because that is the easiest way to draw viewers ever since gaming took over YouTube, and it's fun!... Meanwhile, the stuff that actually takes effort goes unnoticed (for the most part) and people who take the time to produce quality videos are turning to sites like vimeo now.

Something has seriously messed up the younger generation though. Instead of expanding their imaginations and exploring things creatively, they're just relying on technology to provide it for them. There are still some kids out there that take an interest in creative pursuits, but the rise in technology and a shaky economy has pretty much taken away their childhoods. I feel sorry for them in this way.

True, true.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Gage » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Weren't there already a shit ton of pivot animations based on video games back in the day?
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Kev » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:09 pm

Jojishi wrote:

That's a good idea.

now there is obviously a huge difference in the content of youtube now and 10 years ago because it's now essentially free to record games and stream them but you are completely wrong about the "younger generation"
animation is not the only creative pursuit available to your average middle schooler
also i'd like to point out that it's simply just a much larger userbase now that saturates youtube
it's definitely not a decline in the younger generation
in any case if you ever want to see kids doing creative things just go to literally any middle school or deviantart (lol)
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby Daniël » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:20 pm

R.I.P. Pivot, you have served us well.

Yeah, all-in-all, it's a bit of a grim future that's left for Pivot, but to me, DarkDemon has gotten to be so much more than a Pivot-related website. I honestly don't really care all that much for the program myself anymore. I'm just glad Pivot has brought me to so much more, which is what will stick most for me.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk