Pivot v4.2 bug reporting thread (Updated v4.2.5 - 14/03/16)

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: Pivot v4.2 bug reporting / critique thread

Postby Cheese » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:56 pm

No popups from antiviruses, but when i click "next" on the first page of the installer, the next page or the page after it, the program stops responding, any way to fix this?
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby peterbone » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:17 am

Anton wrote:I retested. It does that bug only the first time i use any duplication after opening pivot, and then it nevers does that again.

what i did is simple :
open pivot editor, add some lines with random angles, and duplicate the second line from the origin. With or without Shift button.

Thanks. Yes I see the problem now. I'll look into it.

Tuna wrote:can we have an option to turn off the "click anywhere to select figure" thing because i keep clicking on stuff accidentally eheh.

also, if you select a figure, can it stay selected rather than it switching to the most recently added figure, when you start scrolling through frames please. otherwise, the onionskins disappear.

Can you explain why you click on things accidentally. The click anywhere should be straightforward, click a pixel and it will select the top figure at that position.

I'll look into keeping the figure selected when changing frames (if it's still there).

~Sasuke wrote:This isn't necessarily a "bug" but I know the previous version had this problem too. If you're making a stk and you accidentally click back onto pivot instead of the stk editor, the stk editor goes behind pivot animator and you can't get it to come back, and if you click on the stk editor again you have to start over. So this would be more of a suggestion since I've done this a good amount of times, possibly add this as well?

Edit: never mind I found a bug as well... yay. http://prntscr.com/5negg1 <-- I get that error when I try to save animations like this. I've had this one for a while back when pivot 4 was about to come out or had just been released. Anyways I get this error not only with this animation but other ones as well. It could be the location of the file but I honestly doubt it. Also I'm doing a joint with Keoy, and in the animation when I get to a certain point in I get this error, and if I press play and it goes to those certain frames while playing I get an infinite error that won't go away until I either hold enter and stop the animation or by using task manager to shut it down.

Re-open the figure builder from the file menu, not the edit button, or unmaximise the main window and move it out of the way.

The Access is Denied error must be a Windows permissions thing. Don't keep your animation in that Program Files folder, that's really just for the demo animations. Keep your animation in your user area (Desktop or My Documents).

AbsolutelyCheese wrote:No popups from antiviruses, but when i click "next" on the first page of the installer, the next page or the page after it, the program stops responding, any way to fix this?

Try clicking 'skip' to avoid installing offers.

Here are the bugs so far.

Alt+Z and Alt+X on joined figures. Moves them into unjoined positions until next moved. Skip joined figures.
FIXED Paste button not disabled while playing.
Transparent figure builder wobbles when moved. Not important.
FIXED Dotted animation area border disappears when previewing frame.
FIXED Floating point overflow in TFigure.GetHandleRadius.
Sometimes unresponsive after copy and paste figures. Can't replicate.
Figure builder duplicate can cause all line angles set to 90.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Anton » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:28 am

Another minor glitch :

While playing an animation, if we touch any arrow key, the animation still plays, but the out-of-border figures appear, and the effect of the arrow key is executed.

Same thing when adding a new frame with space (not on frame edition though).
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby tuna » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:37 am

Alt X on sprites, i dragged them all to the centre and they wouldn't come back out again, and then one of them went off really far to the left for some reason when i dragged it, it came up with that error, followed by a few others. idk if it also happens for .stk files, so far it hasn't. i've replicated that bug 3-4 times.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby peterbone » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:38 am

Anton wrote:Another minor glitch :

While playing an animation, if we touch any arrow key, the animation still plays, but the out-of-border figures appear, and the effect of the arrow key is executed.

Same thing when adding a new frame with space (not on frame edition though).

Thanks. I can reproduce that, but only if I use the keyboard shortcut to play the animation.

Tuna wrote:Image

Alt X on sprites, i dragged them all to the centre and they wouldn't come back out again, and then one of them went off really far to the left for some reason when i dragged it, it came up with that error, followed by a few others. idk if it also happens for .stk files, so far it hasn't. i've replicated that bug 3-4 times.

Yes, figures can get stuck together with Alt+X. You can always undo and try again. I'll try to reproduce the sprite error.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby tuna » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:49 am

peterbone wrote:
Tuna wrote:can we have an option to turn off the "click anywhere to select figure" thing because i keep clicking on stuff accidentally eheh.

Can you explain why you click on things accidentally. The click anywhere should be straightforward, click a pixel and it will select the top figure at that position.

oh, i'm only assuming i clicked them accidentally, i clicked my figure, and then tried to move the origin using the arrow keys (which i do quite often), only to find that there was a different figure selected, and i was moving that one instead. it happened several times and it's kind of annoying. it's probably because i rested my hand on my mouse pad while doing that, and clicked something that way.

also, the timestamps don't take into account repeated frames (the thing where you can set the frame to last longer)
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby peterbone » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:55 am

Tuna wrote:
peterbone wrote:

oh, i'm only assuming i clicked them accidentally, i clicked my figure, and then tried to move the origin using the arrow keys (which i do quite often), only to find that there was a different figure selected, and i was moving that one instead. it happened several times and it's kind of annoying. it's probably because i rested my hand on my mouse pad while doing that, and clicked something that way.

also, the timestamps don't take into account repeated frames (the thing where you can set the frame to last longer)

Do you think you could get used to the select anywhere feature (You can always undo if you move the wrong figure), or you really need an option to disable it?

True about the timestamps. Didn't think of that. That will make it a bit slower because it will have to scan over all previous frames to look for duplicated frames instead of just working it out from the frame number.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby tuna » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:38 am

i can probably get used to the click anywhere thing

http://www.ccon.co.nz/bolt/files/animations/ddc4-unfin.zip
this animation by bolt, if you click on figures, sometimes error messages come up. the file opens perfectly bug free in pivot 4.1.10, but not in 4.2.1
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby peterbone » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:16 am

Tuna wrote:i can probably get used to the click anywhere thing

this animation by bolt, if you click on figures, sometimes error messages come up. the file opens perfectly bug free in pivot 4.1.10, but not in 4.2.1

Can you be more specific? Like give me a particular frame and figure to click. Should I click a handle or elsewhere on the figure?
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Mori » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:33 am

Mori wrote:Peter it doesnt want to download for me, why? it stops at 724 ko.
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby peterbone » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:41 am

Mori wrote:
Mori wrote:Peter it doesnt want to download for me, why? it stops at 724 ko.

I don't know. Have you uninstalled older version of Pivot? What version of Windows do you have? Make sure that you're connected to the internet and that your antivirus / firewall isn't blocking anything.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Mori » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:46 am

peterbone wrote:
Mori wrote:
Mori wrote:Peter
it doesnt want to download for me, why? it stops at 724
ko.

I don't know. Have you uninstalled older version of Pivot? What version
of Windows do you have? Make sure that you're connected to the internet
and that your antivirus / firewall isn't blocking anything.

I swear I've tried everything
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby Josh » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:47 am

Mori wrote:I swear I've tried everything

You didn't answer one of his questions
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby tuna » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:15 pm

peterbone wrote:

Can you be more specific? Like give me a particular frame and figure to click. Should I click a handle or elsewhere on the figure?

eg: frame 1-98 - select any of the figures that isn't the stickman, and click edit.
eg: frame 99-161 - even going to those frames brings up error messages. click any of the figures in these frames and error messages happen.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby peterbone » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Tuna wrote:
peterbone wrote:

eg: frame 1-98 - select any of the figures that isn't the stickman, and click edit.
eg: frame 99-161 - even going to those frames brings up error messages. click any of the figures in these frames and error messages happen.

Thanks, the problem is that no matter what I try I'm not getting any of those error messages with that animation (ddc4-unfin.piv). I'm using the original 4.2.1, not my 4.2.2 version in which I've fixed several of the bugs. What do the error messages say? Are they all the same or different? What version of Windows are you using? I'm using Windows 7 32bit.
Edit: I now get errors when I turn autosize off in the options. These are all GetHandleRadius errors, which has already been reported and I've already fixed. See the first post in this thread for the bugs already reported.
Last edited by peterbone on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk