Stick Nodes - Mobile stickfigure anim app (New text feature)

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: "Stick Nodes" Released - Mobile stickfigure animation ap

Postby Extra » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:40 pm

I'm so buying this, after getting a new phone, haha.
Just for the sake of throwing money at your face.
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Re: Stick Nodes - Mobile stickfigure animation app! (Now on

Postby Ralph » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:48 pm

@Tuna
Aw, well thanks for trying anyway! And yeah, an iPad is definitely the way to go, the app seems so much more spacious on a large screen (for obvious reasons).

@Extra
I love money thrown at my face!

Also, just wanted to make a note that I just updated the Android app with a new feature - export to .mp4. This was highly requested and has just been added to the pro version only. I know, I'm greedy, right? To be honest, I just wanted to give pro users (both current and future) a feature that is "worth" the purchase. Prior to this all they had was "no ads" and "no watermark".

Anyway, now you can upload to Youtube directly from the app, great stuff!

The iOS App Store version will be updated very soon, probably by early next week.
Developer of Stick Nodes, follow the development on my Twitter.
RalphOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Juke » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:55 pm

I'll buy this on my ipad Ralph :) Good job.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Ralph » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:20 pm

@Juke
Thanks, I hope the app doesn't disappoint you too much! Kidding of course, hopefully.

---

Also, just wanted to mention that I added an export-to-mp4 feature to both the Android and iOS versions. It's a pro-only feature, though. Not to be greedy of course, I just want to give something to the current/future pro users besides the lame "feature" of removing ads/watermark.

Oh, and the iOS version also now exports to the camera roll/photo album for easier access by users. Android users can always use a third-party app to check out the /Stick Nodes/exports/ folder, but iOS users can't.

Anyway, export-to-mp4 was the big update, now you can upload directly to Youtube (view the .mp4 in the camera roll and share it).

Oh, and animated .gifs don't play in the iOS camera roll, they're still animated though - you'll need to view them in a browser or message attachment or something.
RalphOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Ralph wrote:Also, just wanted to mention that I added an export-to-mp4 feature to both the Android and iOS versions. It's a pro-only feature, though. Not to be greedy of course, I just want to give something to the current/future pro users besides the lame "feature" of removing ads/watermark.

Honestly, that's the best way to do those things. In my opinion you should stop using ads (unless it's a very large part of your profit, I don't know) and especially watermarks, because this way you force people into buying the full version, not because the full version is so good, but because the free version is bad.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Ralph » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:25 pm

@Daniel
Thanks, I agree. Though in my experience I've been surprised learning how many people are willing to spend a little money simply just to remove ads. They usually don't bother me but to some others it appears to be a bigger deal.

- - - -

Just a quick update to any .stk creators out there - the Stick Nodes website has been updated with a new page where users can submit and download new stickfigures to use in their animations.

The current library: http://sticknodes.com/stickfigures/
The submit page: http://sticknodes.com/submit-stickfigure/

If any of you guys have any stickfigures you've created and want to share with others, I'd really love if you submitted them!

Now, the submission form only accepts .nodes files (the Stick Nodes equivalent of .stk). I understand if you have some kickass .stk files but don't feel like converting them. If this is the case, please just leave a post or PM me with link(s) to your .stks and I'll convert and submit them on your behalf.

There is one catch if you want to submit your .stk files, they need to be made with Pivot 2.2.7 or earlier (you can use Pivot 4 to down-save them, though).
RalphOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Foley » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:47 am

Excellent idea, I'll give you that. This app is a great opportunity for those who can't access their PC for some reason. Watermark is a bit of a pain but I guess this is what 'freeware' looks like on mobile devices. Anyway, I'll be eagerly following the development cause the app has a lot of potential. Good luck!
FoleyOffline
Active
Active

Postby Ralph » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:21 pm

@Foley
Thanks, appreciate the kind words! Sorry for the late reply, I didn't know you had commented.

----

Hey guys. I just wanted to get the word out that Stick Nodes is still growing and getting better every day.

First off, the stickfigure library has been growing thanks to the contribution of some awesome users. A special thanks to Sean for creating nearly all of the DBZ characters featured on the site, they look pretty awesome.

In terms of features, Stick Nodes has seen some nice improvements over the last few versions. We're currently up to version 1.2.6 (the iOS free version is still on 1.2.5 and is pending review). Some of the latest changes include being able to zoom out to 50% (easier to move things outside of frame), stickfigure locking, a new "split segment" button, lots of creation-tools enhancements, submit/download stickfigures buttons, and a lot more!

And last of all, I'm currently working on the next release, 1.2.7. This will be a big one featuring one of the most helpful tools of all - undo and redo!

Here are the links for download in case I convinced you to check it out:
Google Play | App Store
RalphOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Ralph » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:14 pm

Hey everyone, I just wanted to make another news post here. A new update has been released (1.2.7) with a really awesome feature - undo/redo! No need to be afraid to make mistakes anymore.

(This update is currently only available to Android users. The iOS update will go live later this week, the wait period for the App Store review process is really slow, sorry!)

Stick Nodes on Google Play.

Here's the full changelog:
  • Undo/redo has been added! No need to be afraid to make mistakes anymore! (Up to 20 actions remembered.)
  • Double-tap the canvas to return to the default zoom.
  • "Is loop" checkbox added under tweening checkbox to have looping animations tween seamlessly.
  • Fixed a bug where a pasted frame sometimes didn’t tween.
  • Updated the splash screen.
  • Changed the Android launch icon to match the iOS icon.
  • Many other minor tweaks and fixes.

And of course, new stickfigures are being added to the library all the time, so check it out from time to time if you want new stickfigures to use!

Also, not to be annoying, but if you have a Google+ account (even if you don't use it), I'd really appreciate you just clicking the "Follow" button for the Stick Nodes page. The more likes an app has the better it ranks in the Google Play store, so you'd really be helping me out! I'd appreciate it a ton!
RalphOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Erif » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:32 pm

Wow this is pretty baws, when my new phone arrives, I'll make sure to download this. Great work.
Erif
Regular
ErifOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Ralph » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:19 am

@Erif
Thanks, I like to think that it's pretty baws, too! Hope you like it.
RalphOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Ralph » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:54 am

Wow, long time no post.

I've still been hard at work keeping Stick Nodes up-to-date. There's been a few updates since my last post, but the latest version (1.5.0) just went live for iOS (Android had the update about a week ago). This update brings one of the most-requested features - textfields.

Yep, here's the changelog for this version:
- Textfields! Finally add text to your animations!
- Increased quality of MP4 exports (Pro version only)
- Added Play and Stop buttons to the right of the timeline for easier access.
- Stickfigures and segments can now be scaled down to 0.01 (old limit was 0.1).

Just wanted to keep this thread updated with the latest Stick Nodes happenings. It's been doing very, very well in all marketplaces and I couldn't be happier that so many are enjoying my app. I used to spend all day playing with Pivot when I was younger so I know how you guys feel.

More news and updates to come, will be posting them on the main site http://sticknodes.com. Also, new Stick Nodes stickfigures are being submitted by users all the time: http://sticknodes.com/stickfigures/
RalphOffline
Retired
Retired

Re: Stick Nodes - Mobile stickfigure anim app (New text feat

Postby Inflatable Cat Feces » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:47 pm

Oh whoa you made this app!?!
I have had this on my phone and use it when I get bored like all the time lol
Cool
Inflatable Cat FecesOffline
Active
Active

Postby Nico_G » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:52 am

Nice one man ! im totally gonna download it today :D
Nico_GOffline
Active
Active

Postby Blademaster » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:42 am

that's fucking cool man, I'll make sure to use this! I've been waiting for this !
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk