My jaw pops out of place. :(

Have a natter here with other users!

My jaw pops out of place. :(

Postby MCToast » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:20 am

Whenever I'm eating something that needs a lot chewing, it hurts a lot and I can hear clicking, I also can pop it out of it's place and back on.

I think it went broken when I stretched my jaw to the side and spread it wide, this was few months back and I didn't have anything happen after it until now. I read that I should wait for awhile, massage it or even go to a surgery to fix it. It's not yet too painful, but I don't know what to do.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Re: My jaw pops out of place. :(

Postby Four » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:26 am

Get to a doctor.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby MCToast » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:03 am

I deleted this topic, but it's back up D:
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Firecracker » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:50 am

That's temporomandibular joint disorder. I've been living with this crap for about 3 years now. Basically, it's the wearing down of your jaw joint, due to a number of reasons. You might be grinding your teeth in your sleep? It might also just be a temporary displacement that needs to be popped back in. I've got the former unfortunately, it's something i was told to live with. I was told simply to be careful when eating, and not to purposefully click, move my mouth side to side etc.

Seeing a doctor asap would be best as to not further wear it down. They'll probably send you to a dentist for a further examination after that. (don't worry too much about it though in my honest opinion.)
"A stickfigure doing a walk is far better than some spiky-haired fuckwit blurring across the screen in a two or three-frame run."

~ Waffles Mgee
FirecrackerOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby MCToast » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:03 am

I just opened my mouth as wide as possible and twisted it forcefully to the painful side and it fixed it. It'll probably reoccur at some point. Thanks for the reply tho and I'm sorry you have this :(
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:27 pm

i had something like that too before. i'd recommend not trying to readjust it anymore just so that things don't get so fucked up that they become irreversible
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Return to General Talk