TDD...

Have a natter here with other users!

TDD...

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Thedarkdemon what are we known for? Besides being relatively new and fresh, what are we known for? I feel like this place is missing something. We should be unique. (lightbulb (thumbsup
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Re: TDD...

Postby SIFTER » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:58 pm

It's known for having the majority of good animators. It was also known for having the most intimidating and nerve wracking ranking system. The keyword is being "was". Needless to talk about the DDCs.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:18 pm

What about animators who are half ACTIVE?
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby SIFTER » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:21 pm

What's your point?
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Like, everyone is too lazy.
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby Grams » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:48 pm

There's not a lot we can do to motivate people that stays within the general realm of Pivot. We have DDCs, several joints/collabs, a relatively active forum, and probably the better portion of animators. Other than setting a quota, not sure what would force people to animate.

Beeteedubs, does anyone know the color code to use when changing the background color for a gif on gifmagic so that it matches the color when you post something? e.g. my cyndaquil evolution sig. I'm close, but getting the exact color is so tedious.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Ray » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:30 pm

Look at all of the most well known animators. They are a lot older than others (us, the newer or younger generation of animators which is a lot smaller anyways) And soon will be going on with life and leaving Pivot.

I say they should do what I suggested to Reap a while ago. There should be some sort of competition that could be divided by ranks. And they all animate things and try to be creative n shet. And throughout all of the animations, the judges choose which stick out to them and that person (or people) whose animation was chosen is mentored by that specific judge that chose it.

Everyone might not see what this has to do with benefiting TDD but it could keep that high standard of animators and ranking system.

Reap said before he'd see if this could become a possibility but obviously it either couldn't or he didn't see because nothing has happened so far. : P
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby Mat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Ray wrote:Look at all of the most well known animators. They are a lot older than others (us, the newer or younger generation of animators which is a lot smaller anyways) And soon will be going on with life and leaving Pivot.

I say they should do what I suggested to Reap a while ago. There should be some sort of competition that could be divided by ranks. And they all animate things and try to be creative n shet. And throughout all of the animations, the judges choose which stick out to them and that person (or people) whose animation was chosen is mentored by that specific judge that chose it.

Everyone might not see what this has to do with benefiting TDD but it could keep that high standard of animators and ranking system.

Reap said before he'd see if this could become a possibility but obviously it either couldn't or he didn't see because nothing has happened so far. : P

If they're too lazy to animate, chances are they're too lazy to mentor.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Ray » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:20 pm

:( I just wish it could've happened. It'd be nice to be ensured that the standard would go on.
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby tenks » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:42 am

This place is known for its miracously brilliant memes.
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Postby Mitch » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:16 am

I mean sadly yeah we're known for some pretty FRESH yams
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Caleb » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:28 pm

GTSYankee wrote:Beeteedubs, does anyone know the color code to use when changing the background color for a gif on gifmagic so that it matches the color when you post something? e.g. my cyndaquil evolution sig. I'm close, but getting the exact color is so tedious.

Print screen > inkdropper.

Getting people here to animate won't be that easy. People just kinda moved on and decided to stay in touch with the people they met along the way. Why would we want to be known anyway, if I may ask.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Ashero » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:29 pm

WE ARE GREAT BECAUSE WE ARE NOT SHUNIU
well, that's partly true.
AsheroOffline
new scrooge
VIP

Postby TheRavenHouse » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:51 pm

We're just a bunch of friends having a good time, does it really have to be anything more than that?
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby Lord » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:47 pm

xX_GeoffMagnum_Xx wrote:We're just a bunch of friends having a good time, does it really have to be anything more than that?

Well said, but this is a Pivot forum.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Next

Return to General Talk