Skool.

Have a natter here with other users!

Skool.

Postby Ray » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:18 am

Since I'm in class right now I thought I'd make this thang.

What do/did you like the most/least about your school (Or what used to be your school for graduates). Also, say some really fun memeories you had in school

Most - Boring classes. I get to sleep or eat and not pay attention so its fun sometimes.

Least - Disrespectful teachers. I can't stand when a teacher is rude for no reason or deliberately takes anger out on an innocent class.

Fun memory - Whenever I skipped class back in middle school wit friends.
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Re: Skool.

Postby Mitch » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:35 am

Definitely the later years (11 and 12) because they are surprisingly so much more chill. Even though the workload is larger you don't have teachers trying to baby you through it and you're left to your own devices a lot more, so in class i would just kinda talk to friends or listen to some music while I worked on an assignment/took notes or some shit, it was pretty therapeutic tbh.

On top of this most schools in my area (when in the block exam period) allowed you to just peace out for the day once you had knocked down everything on your agenda. There were a lot of days later in each term where i'de just walk in with an assignment, hand it in, then drive home and chill/go back to bed.

Shitty aspects of school pretty much same as yours bud, the only thing worse than some obnoxious fuckwit who probably shat his pants being annoying in a class was a teacher that would punish everyone based on the actions of this one cocksnap. And in contrast to what I just said, the only aspect of early highschool that was enjoyable was breaks because of how tightly wound the classes were.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Caleb » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am

My favorite memories would have to be when we got a teacher that couldn't control the group for economy class. We sang songs and overloaded the paper basket. The poor guy quit after a month, people say he left a class crying. Moral of the story: don't become a teacher when you're afraid of punishing people.

Least favorite memory would be my maths teacher in the last 2 years. I'm generally good at maths, but he didn't explain shit and always reeked of sweat. It also showed under his armpits. I'm not sure how that guy got his job and I'm not sure why he didn't get fired after literally every group he had complained about both his smell and his method of 'teaching'. That guy pissed me off to no end.

The most fun memories are all in Berlin. In the 4th year of high school we all got a 1 week trip to either Paris or Berlin for a cost of about 200 euros and while the days are filled with cultural acitivities, the nights are filled with clubbing and drinking. Best week of my life.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby socks » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:28 pm

School eh?
Not knowing, i guess i had a thing for lesbians, alot of the girls i found attractive i later found out liked tits.
6th i grade i asked a girl out and got the response "no one will ever love you, you'll probably die alone"
After being bullied for being fat and short, i lost 60 pounds (gained muscle as well). now i'm 6'3.
College sucks.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Tosh » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Year 12 of school, pretty chill so far. A lot of free time to be fucking around and having fun.
Favorite moments would easily be English classes in the 11th grade where we would just fuck around the teacher's back (she was a bit of a cunt) with our not-really-that-funny inside jokes.
Least favorite moments would be all the Philosophy classes, the teacher was annoying and reaaally close-minded for a Philosophy teacher. Also, the classes were boring as shit, time can't possibly go slower than when you're in a class with that woman.
ToshOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Mat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:16 pm

I don't really remember high school for reasons. Middle school sucked. I was just a depressed cutter with dyed hair that hated everything. Elementary school was good up until 4th grade because my mother was alive.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Alca » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:21 pm

I'm at university now, but there wasn't a great deal that I enjoyed about high school. We had this old lady who taught French and she was literally bullied by the class so much she ended up crying in front of everyone. Why are kids such dicks? Teaching does require some level of authority though, so maybe it was the wrong profession.

I preferred the stricter teachers really. For my R.E (Religious Education) teacher, we had this ex-army guy who taught us. If you pushed him too far he would go completely ballistic. It was terrifying, but I really respected him. Plus it was pretty satisfying to see students getting put in their place. I wish more teachers were like that, because I couldn't stand people messing around in the classroom.

English was probably my favourite class. The teacher was really nice and made the classes interesting. She even cried on the last day because were were leaving, which was surprising because most of the other teachers were probably cracking open the champagne.

It was only a couple of friends and one or two teachers that actually made high school bearable though. Other than that it was a complete nightmare and without a doubt the worst period in my entire life.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Gary » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Most-My band teacher. He's cool af, and he's the only teacher I can actually have a conversation with.
-Also, I can sleep in every class, so I like this
Least: My teachers couldn't care less about the students here, and let some shady stuff go on.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Lukas » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:04 pm

not doing pretty much, should do more, probably dropping out soon
LukasOffline
no
no

Postby Josh » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:05 pm

High school up to about Year 9 was alright, not too difficult and there wasn't a big pressure on us. I've not really enjoyed Year 10 and 11, but I can deal with it. Still have fuck all idea what I want to do for my last A-Level.

Me and my friend would piss around annoying pretty much everyone when we were in Year 8 and 9, that was pretty fun. We were little shits though.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:35 am

most - year 12 was chill because i had 3 free periods and they all lined up on one day. i left school at 11:45am on thursdays. thursday was anime marathon day when i was a lil more heavy on it

least - feeling very out of place when i first entered high school. being hung up/obsessed over this one girl that i wasted so much time on when i could've been making more friends and building better relationships. and geometry. fuck geometry

college kinda blows right now because i'm back to step one but on top of that i have to adjust to living on my own. there aren't that many people here that i would want to vibe with regularly either
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby neilhavkin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:46 pm

Most - the year I'm in now, grade ten. People hate me less than they did last year, because it turns out that I'm actually a nice person when you get to know me. Who would have known?

I'm also apparently really funny, so everyone loves that. I don't really try to be funny, but I guess my strange, morbid, aloof, and sarcastic comments towards people are found funny by some people. My English teacher is fifteen minutes late to class every day, and she's absent about a third of the time. Every day I have between one and three study halls, which is great. The school is also hiring me as a lifeguard at the school pool, so I get some money from that and job experience when primal lifeguarding season comes around in June.

Least - years seven, eight, and nine. Especially nine. Everyone hated me those years, because I'm a little weird - nowadays my weird personality is taken pretty well. Years eight and nine, I failed almost all of my classes because I have a chronically depressive personality and stopped really giving a shit about anything. I had a girlfriend who kept fucking with my head. And fuck geometry.

I don't have many good memories. I love working for the school radio station, and sometimes I make a comment in class that cracks everyone up and then people worship me for five minutes.
neilhavkinOffline
VIP

Return to General Talk