A message to the members of TDD

Have a natter here with other users!

A message to the members of TDD

Postby Chris » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:14 pm

Why is my name 7Th Day? - The simple answer is,

Because of my religion. I go to church on Saturday, and I try not to use profanity and be a good christian. I may not come off as a not so nice person or unapproachable, but this is probably because I am a very serious person. Really I am a very nice person who you could come to just about anything with. I try to think about the way a good christian would handle situations in from of this screen and IRL. No matter what kind of hate I get i'll never give the other person a mutual response or a bad attitude.

Other Information:

TDD and DA's Animator.net Have helped me greatly with improving my pivot skills. I have been animating for a little over 2 years, and I can say i've followed a pretty good path, but here is something I realize, and you probably already knew this but If there is something you want to be good at in pivot, you must practice it alot at an early animating age, training yourself to more complex animations of whatever it is. I am now such a perfectionist though, that something I want to get better in I find error in it in every test, trying to mold my skills to be perfect at that particular thing, trying and failing every time.

Basically the older you get in pivot animation the harder it is to correct an error you have made in pivot. This upsets me and the way I look at my animation mistakes is probably keeping from me from advancing like I should. So, in all briefness of this already too long explanation, the pivot community that exists today has greatly helped me, and I would like to thank everyone who is still active or inactive in pivot. And an extra special shoutout and a thank you to

Tuna
Juke
Raymond
Senzo
Ipwnall
Chris
Jojishi
Marv
T B M
Firecracker
Nice Pants
Kellawgs
Tenks

And everyone else I have nothing personal against ya

(thumbsup (thumbsup (heart (heart (thumbsup (thumbsup (heart (heart
Last edited by Chris on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Re: A message to the members of TDD

Postby tenks » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:18 pm

what is it with these fucking lists
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Postby Chris » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:20 pm

Oh yeah I know. Here i'm adding you you're important...
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby Mat » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:22 pm

tenks wrote:what is it with these fucking lists

Come on man. Try it. Everyone's doing it. It will make you feel so good.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Mitch » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:32 am

**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Four » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:41 am

So is this you quitting or?
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Caleb » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:01 am

tenks wrote:what is it with these fucking lists

You're quite popular.

Hey no problem dude, I'll be a cunt any day if it helps you. Seriously though, it's awesome that you made this. Now the non VIP members can see a list like this as well.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Juke » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:52 am

Lovely read man. Just keep plugging a long with pivot and you will be as good as you want to be if you just keep practicing. Have a good Christmas. I like these feel good threads. :)
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Chris » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:51 am

FourAcross wrote:So is this you quitting or?

We need not

Mitch wrote:Image

Nothing Personal Mitch I still love you too. If that helps
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby SIFTER » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:02 am

Basically the older you get in pivot animation the harder it is to correct an error you have made in pivot.

Actually, no. The older you get, the more you see. So when you become older and more skilled, you'd see a lot more flaws than what you usually see. And because of experience, you'll know how to fix every flaw you get. It might take quite a while to fix something, but the result can be rewarding. So, if you just keep trying harder, you'd end up somewhere. And this is all based on my own experience.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:11 am

Sifter wrote:
Basically the older you get in pivot animation the harder it is to correct an error you have made in pivot.

Actually, no. The older you get, the more you see. So when you become older and more skilled, you'd see a lot more flaws than what you usually see. And because of experience, you'll know how to fix every flaw you get. It might take quite a while to fix something, but the result can be rewarding. So, if you just keep trying harder, you'd end up somewhere. And this is all based on my own experience.

I see what you're saying. It's just that for me kinda it is hard to deal with those flaws, and the fact that I realize the rank I am I get irritated and disappointed with myself, saying this is not an intermediate quality test at all. But you are correct. You just have to keep practicing...
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby SIFTER » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:25 am

Practice is the wrong term to use here, in my opinion. What practice really is that you animate something, then you keep reanimating it until you perfect it. What you should be doing, really, is to keep experimenting "what will happen if I do this? What will happen if i do that?" This will make you gain experience. Try to look for numerous solutions to any problem. As for the rank thing, it's just you and your lack of self-esteem. If you just have more confidence in yourself, you'd feel better about your animations and might actually improve because of that. Sure, sometimes we make good animations, and sometimes we do the opposite. But in case you made something bad, don't feel bad about it, just have confidence in your self, let that animation be for a while and comeback to it once you feel better. Trying to animate with a non-clear mind won't do you much.
When something like that happens to me I'm being like"oh, will i made a bad animation. Oh, well. Guess It's me not thinking straight. I'll do better next time" And I actually do better. So, just have confidence in yourself. Many intermediates are worse than you(no offence), so keep that in your mind.

Sometimes it's eye fatigue that makes you think that your animation looks bad. I reckon myself when i was animating my DDC12, i was thinking that my animation looked faster than it should be. I stopped, and went to play an indie game that is so damn fast-paced(I forgot its name). So, after I was done playing it, I returned to my animation and it looked so freaking slow. Try to act as if you're watching your animation for the very first time when previewing it to yourself.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Jesus » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:23 pm

Wow, so no special "Thank you" to me? Here I died for your sins and everything, and I don't even get a simple thanks. Talk about ungrateful.
JesusOffline
Active
Active

Postby Mori » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Are you leaving pivot or what man? If yes ,dont leave plz. ur a pretty nice animator.
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby Caleb » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Sifter wrote:Practice is the wrong term to use here, in my opinion. What practice really is that you animate something, then you keep reanimating it until you perfect it.

That's not what practice means though. You basically just explained practice in the rest of your post.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Next

Return to General Talk