Pivot v4.2 bug reporting thread (Updated v4.2.5 - 14/03/16)

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: Pivot v4.2 bug reporting / critique thread

Postby tuna » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:34 pm

peterbone wrote:Thanks, the problem is that no matter what I try I'm not getting any of those error messages with that animation (ddc4-unfin.piv). I'm using the original 4.2.1, not my 4.2.2 version in which I've fixed several of the bugs. What do the error messages say? Are they all the same or different? What version of Windows are you using? I'm using Windows 7 32bit.

I'm using windows 8.1

They all come up with the same error message. Clicking any frame 99-161 gives you one of them. Selecting a figure in any frame 99-161 gives 2-3. clicking edit on any of those figures gives a varying amount depending on which figure you chose to edit, i think it depends on the number of segments.

tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby peterbone » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:42 pm

Tuna wrote:
peterbone wrote:Thanks, the problem is that no matter what I try I'm not getting any of those error messages with that animation (ddc4-unfin.piv). I'm using the original 4.2.1, not my 4.2.2 version in which I've fixed several of the bugs. What do the error messages say? Are they all the same or different? What version of Windows are you using? I'm using Windows 7 32bit.

I'm using windows 8.1

They all come up with the same error message. Clicking any frame 99-161 gives you one of them. Selecting a figure in any frame 99-161 gives 2-3. clicking edit on any of those figures gives a varying amount depending on which figure you chose to edit, i think it depends on the number of segments.

Yeah, see my edit on my previous post.

"I now get errors when I turn autosize off in the options. These are all GetHandleRadius errors, which has already been reported and I've already fixed. See the first post in this thread for the bugs already reported."
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Mori » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:49 pm

peterbone wrote:
Mori wrote:
Mori wrote:Peter it doesnt want to download for me, why? it stops at 724 ko.

I don't know. Have you uninstalled older version of Pivot? What version of Windows do you have? Make sure that you're connected to the internet and that your antivirus / firewall isn't blocking anything.

I uninstalled the old version, the antivirus didnt block something, I have windows 7, I'm connected o the internet
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby tuna » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:19 pm

Delete this post please, i accidentally double posted
Last edited by tuna on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby tuna » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:38 pm

peterbone wrote:
Tuna wrote:I'm using windows 8.1

Yeah, see my edit on my previous post.

"I now get errors when I turn autosize off in the options. These are all GetHandleRadius errors, which has already been reported and I've already fixed. See the first post in this thread for the bugs already reported."

right. didn't realise that if they give the same type of error, they would have the same fix. i'll keep an eye out for that next time.

edit: here's a bug which went undetected in pivot 4.1 as well

step one: make a frame
step two: make another frame, and change it in some way.
step three: delete the first frame
step four: make a change to your remaining frame
step five: undo. notice how you frame has reverted back to how the first frame was.
Last edited by tuna on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Anton » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:51 pm

The undo feature does naturally that. It remembers the actions without taking account of creation/destruction of frames.
And it resets when you go to edit a frame.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby tuna » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:55 pm

Anton wrote:The undo feature does naturally that. It remembers the actions without taking account of creation/destruction of frames.

surely if you make 1 change to the frame and then undo it, it should result in what the frame was before it was changed, not the deleted frame?
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby peterbone » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:55 am

Tuna wrote:
Anton wrote:The undo feature does naturally that. It remembers the actions without taking account of creation/destruction of frames.

surely if you make 1 change to the frame and then undo it, it should result in what the frame was before it was changed, not the deleted frame?

Thanks. I guess it's just not re-initialising the undo when you delete a frame. Now fixed.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby tuna » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:39 pm

is ctrl+shift+add frame still supposed to be a thing. some of the things on there like "delete figures outside area" and "save selected" could be useful up front.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby peterbone » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:12 am

Tuna wrote:is ctrl+shift+add frame still supposed to be a thing. some of the things on there like "delete figures outside area" and "save selected" could be useful up front.

These are kind of advanced options. I don't expect most people to use them, but experienced uses still can if they know about it. I don't like to have any feature that a beginner will look at and not understand. I want to avoid feature creep. Save selected was just created as a test while I was creating the Copy/paste frames feature. I guess I could make that one a visible feature, but in what scenario would you use it (you can always delete other frames and save as)? Delete figures outside area is really only needed when you start making long animations with many figures that produce large piv files.

By the way, I will release 4.2.2 very soon with the most serious bugs fixed. The less serious problems will have to wait a bit (weekends) since I'm now back at work full time.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby SIFTER » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:17 am

Don't know if you already know about this but, http://i.imgur.com/3Vyemct.gif
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby peterbone » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:23 am

Sifter wrote:Don't know if you already know about this but, http://i.imgur.com/3Vyemct.gif

Thanks, yes. Have a look at the first post in this thread to see the bugs already reported. V4.2.2 will be available soon and this is fixed.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Gary » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:37 pm

I'm not really sure if this is a bug, or if I just messed up, but I tried joining two sprites together, and this happened.

"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby peterbone » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:13 am

Gary wrote:I'm not really sure if this is a bug, or if I just messed up, but I tried joining two sprites together, and this happened.

Spoiler:

I'm not sure what your problem is. You clearly have two objects joined, but the lower one you move isn't joined. You probably need to reposition handles before joining them. Read about joining sprites and repositioning handles here.
http://pivotanimator.net/help/sprites.htm
Also, watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2SccBERXaE
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Jojishi » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:30 pm

No bugs to report. Just would like to personally thank you for bringing out an updated version of Pivot 4. I have yet to download it, but will soon and it looks like a lot of fun with all the new features. :)
JojishiOffline
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk