Pivot v4.2 bug reporting thread (Updated v4.2.5 - 14/03/16)

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: Pivot v4.2 bug reporting / critique thread

Postby peterbone » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:00 am

Jojishi wrote:No bugs to report. Just would like to personally thank you for bringing out an updated version of Pivot 4. I have yet to download it, but will soon and it looks like a lot of fun with all the new features. :)

Thanks. Wait for 4.2.2. Should be any day now.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Four » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:41 am

I can't export animations as gifs, well I think I do until I open the folder with the gif in it and it's not there.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby peterbone » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:12 am

FourAcross wrote:I can't export animations as gifs, well I think I do until I open the folder with the gif in it and it's not there.

That sounds strange. Where are you exporting to? Try exporting to Desktop.

v4.2.2 should now be available with several bug fixes. A few bug fixes still to do but they're less serious.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Re: Pivot v4.2 bug reporting thread (Updated v4.2.2 - 12/01/

Postby Luka. » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:57 am

When I install 4.2.2 or 4.2.1.. Basically the new version, my desktop icons disappear and the installation doesn't even finish..ever.. wth.
^ Thread ^

Spoiler:
Chloe <3
Luka.Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby Tiger » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:54 pm

-luka wrote:When I install 4.2.2 or 4.2.1.. Basically the new version, my desktop icons disappear and the installation doesn't even finish..ever.. wth.

Having the same problem, it'll get so far then just freeze ahh
i am old

TigerOffline
XIII
XIII

Postby tuna » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:27 pm

had an animation open. opened a different animation, and these two error messages popped up (in that order) it's happened once before while using pivot 4.2, however i put it down to an anomaly. this is the second time its happened, so i thought i might report it (i don't remember if i opened the same animation last time i made that error happen). no idea whats causing it.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby peterbone » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:56 am

Tuna wrote:Image

had an animation open. opened a different animation, and these two error messages popped up (in that order) it's happened once before while using pivot 4.2, however i put it down to an anomaly. this is the second time its happened, so i thought i might report it (i don't remember if i opened the same animation last time i made that error happen). no idea whats causing it.

Thanks. Does it happen every time with that animation? Can you send me the piv file? Also, update to 4.2.2 if you haven't already, although I don't think it will make a difference for this error.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby tuna » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:44 am

peterbone wrote:
Tuna wrote:Image

Thanks. Does it happen every time with that animation? Can you send me the piv file? Also, update to 4.2.2 if you haven't already, although I don't think it will make a difference for this error.

i'm using 4.2.2
it doesn't happen every time.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby tuna » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:48 pm

also just noticed that if you have nothing on the canvas and then hit copy, it copies nothing (as in, if there's already something on your clipboard, it gets deleted)
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:20 pm

I was just thinking what would be pretty cool. If you could keep the stickfigure builder open in a in a box next to your canvas at all times, so you can switch really easily from animating to creating figures.
Just a thought though.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Ray » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:30 pm

Ever think about adding the ctrl+z to the entire program instead of just the figure creator? Lots of times I might accidentally delete the wrong figure and have to put it back into the right pose again.
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby Daniël » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:36 pm

Don't know about you, but I'm using Ctrl+Z non-stop when animating. It's already a function, man.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Ray » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:41 pm

My bad. I feel even more stupid because I use ctrl+z too! Next time I'll be sure something I suggest isnt already a function. lol
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby peterbone » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:52 am

Tuna wrote:also just noticed that if you have nothing on the canvas and then hit copy, it copies nothing (as in, if there's already something on your clipboard, it gets deleted)

Hi Tuna. Thanks, but I can't reproduce that. If you have no figures on the canvas, then the copy button should be greyed out (disabled). I also tried Ctrl+C and that didn't do it either. There's already a check to make sure that it only copies if there are figures, so what you describe shouldn't be possible.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby tuna » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:32 pm

peterbone wrote:
Tuna wrote:also just noticed that if you have nothing on the canvas and then hit copy, it copies nothing (as in, if there's already something on your clipboard, it gets deleted)

Hi Tuna. Thanks, but I can't reproduce that. If you have no figures on the canvas, then the copy button should be greyed out (disabled). I also tried Ctrl+C and that didn't do it either. There's already a check to make sure that it only copies if there are figures, so what you describe shouldn't be possible.

oh what
neither can I. hmm.
it's possible that there was a 1 figure on the stage but off the screen, so when i copied it and then pasted, it pasted off the screen, and appeared to have erased previous clipboard stuff.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk