Shit that happens to you and fucks up your day

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: Shit that happens to you and fucks up your day

Postby Jon » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:17 am

Aron wrote:It also fucking annoys me when people refer to autism as a joke. Like, someone wrote once "That's the most autistic thing I've ever heard." as a response to an irrelevant comment. Autism is a serious problem and is not to be laughed at.

You know what annoys me? Cunts like this being too fucking politically correct. People make jokes, get the fuck over it.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Gage » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:33 am

Jon wrote:
Aron wrote:It also fucking annoys me when people refer to autism as a joke. Like, someone wrote once "That's the most autistic thing I've ever heard." as a response to an irrelevant comment. Autism is a serious problem and is not to be laughed at.

You know what annoys me? Cunts like this being too fucking politically correct. People make jokes, get the fuck over it.

Feminazis too
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Daniël » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:50 am

Aron wrote:
Jojishi wrote:It's not even the negative reaction, but also people that care for any reason. Something feels seriously wrong about people referring to their friend as their "gay friend" because it's cute to them or something. Thy like to fit people into neat little categories because it scares them that someone might reject stereotypes. Until these barriers are broken and people stop defining themselves and others by the smallest thing that doesn't even matter i.e. gay, black, atheist, autistic, whatever, then we'll never progress as a society.

Yeah.
It also fucking annoys me when people refer to autism as a joke. Like, someone wrote once "That's the most autistic thing I've ever heard." as a response to an irrelevant comment. Autism is a serious problem and is not to be laughed at.

What about calling someone a lunatic? Because actual madness is a serious problem, should we stop doing that too?
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Grams » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:45 pm

There's certainly a time and place to partake in humor such as this, but picking and choosing what is tolerable as comedy is stupid. e.g. Holocaust jokes are funny, but when autism is mentioned, we better back the fuck up.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Царица Луна » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:03 pm

These don't ruin my day but they do at least annoy me. When people rate games (or I suppose anything in general) as perfect or zero when it's clearly not deserved. Disappointing and worst are different. Also when people are being too sensitive or, even worse, are being 'offended on behalf' on a group of people they're not a part of.

Sleeping too much is another. I don't understand people wanting to spend the entire day sleeping; sleep is a waste of time for me. Of course necessary, but it would be quite nice to remove the need for it.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby Anton » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:04 pm

When people rate games (or I suppose anything in general) as perfect or zero when it's clearly not deserved.

Ah, like the Dmc reboot. Pretty nice as a game on its own, but downed because of its huge differences from the Dmc franchise.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Koolcid » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:34 pm

Aron wrote:Yeah, I don't get it either. It's pretty fucked up that people hate people just because of their sexual preference. And people saying things like, "GAYS ARE SINNERS BECAUSE IT'S AGAINST MY RELIGION" is just as fucked up. It would be like me going on a no-carb diet and saying that you guys can't eat bread or potatoes. And just because of their homosexuality, gays shouldn't be put into a false category that is "less" than heterosexual people. They're just as good people as normal people. I mean, one of my best friends is a homosexual! I have met some annoying homo douches on Instagram, but that doesn't mean all gays are douchebags. In fact, there are probably more straight assholes than homosexual assholes, and the biggest ones are the ones who hate gays.

And thanks so much for your sympathy Joji, it really means a lot.

I know this is a late reply and everything but this:

Spoiler:

Would fuck up my day for sure. If you're just gay and normal, yeah sure whatever. But if you flaunt about and say things in a really high lispy voice like "Omg girlfriend those shoes are sexxxaaahh*. I will be extremely uncomfortable and walk away.

To stay on topic, EXTREMELY gay and flamboyant people definitely fuck up my day.
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby Daniël » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:26 am

How can you day be fucked, just by the way someone acts? It's not like you even have to talk to those people.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Grams » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:35 am

Daniël wrote:It's not like you even have to talk to those people.

I'm sure there would be situations where you would have to interact with them. Group projects, friends of friends, work, etc. Can't just ignore them forever and ever.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Caleb » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:55 am

I had to deal with it for my job. My brother organizes pink monday things, which is an event for gay people bascically. Had to serve them drinks and clean their mess all day. They have a lot of fun though, so I guess that's cool.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby TheRavenHouse » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:18 pm

Nah but seriously how does that ruin your day? I get that they're loud and annoying a lot, but that happens within any subculture and you deal with it at any job. So what is it about a big pink muscly dude that sours the mood of the next twelve hours?

In response to the other shit. Comedy is tragedy from a distance, this will never change, just try to make sure you're at a far enough distance that they can't hear you laughing. It's not about being politically correct, you have the right to your own thoughts and feelings, it's about having a certain level of respect for your fellow humans to not make them feel shitty. Whether or not it's someone's choice to be offended or hurt by something that was said, it's still really fucked up to knowingly hurt someone by saying something you know will effect them. It borders on social darwinism, i.e le edgy school shooter nihilist.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby Caleb » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:49 pm

^The problem is that the overly gay pink gayflag colored dude always seems to be out to get a response out of people. Sometimes it's like gay people (as a stereotype) want to be picked on so they can yell "pity me!". A lot of groups have annoying people in them, but the gay community seems to promote it. The Office Homophobe video of Key and Peele does a good job of explaining it. It's a comedy sketch, but still.

That said, I don't mind them all that much as long as they're having fun and don't shove it in my face like it's important for me. Yeah, you have gay rights and I'm glad you do, go ahead and celebrate it as much as you like without me. Just don't be a bigger dick than you can take.
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby TheRavenHouse » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:18 pm

The thing about being a part of society and having a right to express yourself is yeah, they're totally allowed to do it in public around you. I've seen the sketch, it's funny but I don't think sketch comedy should be cited in discussion. The gay community does not promote it, some parts of it do, but a lot doesn't. Cause there's not one gay community, there are many groups of gay people and they have different agendas and ideals, most gay people dislike those overly gay people. I'm sure you wouldn't know all that much about it, being straight, but yeah, gay dudes are pissed at those kinds of people, it's not promoted by anyone but the other assholes like that.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby Caleb » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:30 pm

I know a bunch of gay people and they're not that flamboyant and say they're annoyed by it too, so I do understand and realize actually. It's just that there are literally events where people go just to be like that, so it's still promoted in that sense. That's what I meant by that. A lot of other groups tend to try and shut people up that are being annoying and flat out rude like that, but instead in this case there are events for them where they're the staple.

And the statement the video makes is absolutely relevant and helped in my explanation, so I don't see a reason not to use it.

Again, I don't mind any of this as long as they don't get in my way with it and I don't even know if I want to post this, since I do understand where you come from.
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Grams » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:13 pm

TheRavenHouse wrote:The thing about being a part of society and having a right to express yourself is yeah, they're totally allowed to do it in public around you.

We can still think it's annoying. No one is saying a particular group shouldn't have the same rights as the general population. We'd just prefer they not over-exercise it. Again, of course they may do as they please.

TheRavenHouse wrote:I'm sure you wouldn't know all that much about it, being straight,

I don't know your sexual orientation, so if you're gay, it's whatever. But, assuming you are heterosexual, you should probably word this differently. It sounds like you are some exception to this statement. "I'm sure you wouldn't know all that much about it, being straight". And then you make a claim as if you are apart of the group he is not.

Again, if you're gay, then my point has no substance and I apologize. But the way you worded that post makes me presume otherwise.

But yeah, I definitely would agree with you on the day being ruined deal. I mean, it can certainly be annoying. But, I don't come into contact with one of these types of people and afterwards go, "Wow, my whole day is just ruined now."
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk