Pet general chat thread?

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: Pet general chat thread?

Postby Pivotelite » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:07 pm

Grams wrote:Got a dog named Patches and a cat named Titan. Titan is 15 though, so he's living out his final days :'c

I know that feel, my cat is around 12 right now but he's had cancer for over a year and is on his way out. :/

Nobody have any photos to share? :D
PivoteliteOffline
Active
Active

Postby Mat » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:34 pm

My dog Monty. My parents are currently taking care of him since I don't really have the best apartment for an active dog.

MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Jojishi » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:13 pm

I have two cats. The oldest is 12 and we got him from a farm when he was a kitten. I was 7 at the time. Honestly, if he ever died it would take me months or years to get over it. I love that guy. The other cat is 7 and we got her when she was a kitten.

I don't plan on getting pets when I'm older. I don't know if I could put myself through it again with the emotional attachment and death that would undoubtedly happen. I care about animals too much. Plus they're a lot of effort and they can be nuisances at times even though I still love them. My life would be easier just without it and I've already experienced all I've wanted to experience with pets.

The best part about them is how unique their personalities are. Lots of people think all pets are the same but it's simply not true. When you really get to know them you know all their things that upset them or things that they like, the way they act around strangers or strange little things they might do.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Four » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:11 am

I have 2 weird dogs.
A pug and a shar-pei
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Amir » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:56 am

I have 2 cats as well, one redhead male and almost 5 year old, his name is Guri ( it means Puppy in Hebrew) and the second one is 6 year old female, named Mitzi.

I bought the older one first in a pet shop and it cost nothing, she was a street cat that always came into the shop to get food, so I took her with their permission, after a year, I found 3 kittens, really really small like as big as my hand or even smaller, and I couldn't resist so I took the other cat and from that day he became my second cat, he is a really weird one, he eats clothes, shoelaces, ice cream, and he always jumps from place to another, he whines incessantly like he wants something but we never can understand what it is. He is very active, thin, and loves to climb on people, he always looks at himself in the mirror, he touch it and then stepping away from it because he doesn't know what it is. Sometimes I'm just sleeping and suddenly he jumps at my face, don't know why though. I have more 100 stuff to tell of how weird he is but you get the idea. A year ago he almost died because he had a fatal urinary retention, apparently it had been for two days and we didn't know about that. We took him to a veterinarian 3 times and all it cost us 2300 dollars. As for my other cat, she is just a lazy one who doesn't do anything and almost sleep all day, she is a little fat too, I get quite excited when I see her do something else than sleeping.

That's my younger cat:
Spoiler:
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby Grams » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:24 am

Jojishi wrote:Honestly, if he ever died it would take me months or years to get over it.

Same here. We got Titan (my cat) when I was about 3, so I'm not going to take his impending death very well.

And sorry to hear that Pivotelite :c
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Pivotelite » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Jojishi wrote:I have two cats. The oldest is 12 and we got him from a farm when he was a kitten. I was 7 at the time. Honestly, if he ever died it would take me months or years to get over it. I love that guy. The other cat is 7 and we got her when she was a kitten.

I don't plan on getting pets when I'm older. I don't know if I could put myself through it again with the emotional attachment and death that would undoubtedly happen. I care about animals too much. Plus they're a lot of effort and they can be nuisances at times even though I still love them. My life would be easier just without it and I've already experienced all I've wanted to experience with pets.

The best part about them is how unique their personalities are. Lots of people think all pets are the same but it's simply not true. When you really get to know them you know all their things that upset them or things that they like, the way they act around strangers or strange little things they might do.

That's awesome that you care so much about your animals and I guess it makes sense in the end you'd rather not have the commitment and the inevitable end result of that bond you formed over the years. Maybe you don't have to rule out all animals though, just ones that form heavy bonds. Personally I think i'd feel like there's a big part of my life missing without any pets, they do a lot to help when you are bored or sad, even animals that don't form any particular bond with you like my reptiles. If i'm sad or bored usually just going and tending to an animal can usually brighten your mood or at the least get your mind off what's bothering you. I think pets play a vital role in managing a healthy mental state for many people. Also I completely agree about the personality, even my snakes have distinct personalities despite being considered "dumb" compared to most animals. They all have their own tendencies and quirks despite running primarily on instinct. Dogs vary almost to the level of humans, you really need to own a few to see just how different they are and how many individual tendencies they will develop, Cats as well, my cats are completely opposite in terms of just about everything.

@Mat - Your dog has the exact same food/water dish as mine, neat looking doge also.

@Amir - i used to have a cat just like that when I was really young, I always liked orange cats.

@Grams - I personally am over it at this point after a year of knowing that he's going to die, I almost feel bad because i've used this time to remove myself emotionally from my cat at this point so when he dies I won't take it too bad. I guess over the years i've had a lot of pets die and I just realize it's inevitable, you just have to take pride in the fact you gave them a good life, one they were unlikely to get anywhere else.
PivoteliteOffline
Active
Active

Postby Lord » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:09 am

@Amir

Turns out that the cat of mine that was missing for 2-3 weeks died. My mam was out walking when she found her in a ditch, presumably hit by a car or something.
The strange thing though is that I feel I'm not caring more. I mean, it's been 3 days now since I've found out and I've been... fine.

I suppose you were right though, it is the sad reality of outdoor cats. I do miss her though, my heart felt quite heavy when I was told.
It happens, but life must go on, I still have another cat to keep me company. :)

Also, Jojishi, could you please show us some photos of the cats? I love seeing cat pictures. :D
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Tiger » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:15 am

I have 3 cats, one of which is pregnant but she's only a baby herself ahh
Also a dog and a bearded dragon which is cool.

Oh and also my friend dan that I live with, he's like a pet.
i am old

TigerOffline
XIII
XIII

Postby neilhavkin » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:11 am

Two dogs, two cats.

One of our cats is an outdoor cat, but he has an invisible fence so he never leaves our property and he's perfectly safe. Our other cat, we found last spring inside the wheel well of a car. We heard her meowing from like 20 feet away, so we looked around and we finally found this little kitten hiding inside the wheel well.
neilhavkinOffline
VIP

Postby Waters » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:16 pm

I got cats, one of them likes to get out alot and he's been gone for a week. He usually comes back but when he does it's usually at night and almost no one listens out for him. Hope he's alright.
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Previous

Return to General Talk