Active community

Have a natter here with other users!

Active community

Postby Ultramankiller » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:06 pm

I haven't really been able to be on the forums a lot, but am wondering how active the community is? I remember there was the first dark demon site, and I watched it go to another site, then back to this one. Was it because the community is dying? Just curious if I should still stick around and post some animations to the forums.
UltramankillerOffline

Re: Active community

Postby SIFTER » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:10 pm

The community is actually bursting with activity. So, yeah, just post your animations if you feel like it.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Raymond » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:20 pm

I think this is more so a question you can answer for yourself. Just browse the forum and see if it's active enough for your liking.

To make a long story short, DarkDemon was bought by a guy named Molilla who at first took part in the community which kept his site alive, but later went inactive for months. We tried getting in touch with him a number of different ways and when we were lucky enough to get a response he had no interest in making changes to the site. He then agreed to sell the site to a new owner. The new owner Dark Admin, moved us over to a new server and left us to rot basically. Of course you can imagine how pissed off that made most of the community, including the staff. So we all agreed on creating a new site in which we all run together. At least that's the way I see it.

The site has been getting new members gradually and activity seems to be steady, but like I said before, that is a decision you have to make on your own.

Edit: Who edited my post? Shit is about to go down when I find out. But seriously thank you, I forgot to mention the part about Dark Admin. It's been over a year since this all happened so I haven't really been thinking much about it haha.

Edit 2: Thanks Juke. :)
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Ultramankiller » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:17 pm

Pretty funny, the reason why I posted was because I saw your thread and really liked your animations, but saw it was from 2014.
UltramankillerOffline

Postby Jojishi » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:22 pm

Like they said, just search around the forum and I'm sure you'll find it's reasonably active. Welcome to the site anyway man. Make a thread and stuff if you're animating things and people will give you advice and stuff. I think you'll find people here are pretty friendly.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Four » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:23 pm

I swear I've seen your name before.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Ultramankiller » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:16 am

Really? Like from these forums? I haven't been on them in years so idk.
UltramankillerOffline

Postby Four » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:30 am

Like on the old DD
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Ultramankiller » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:09 pm

Hmm cool haha. Wish I could visit my old thread to get some of my old stks.
UltramankillerOffline

Postby Lord » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:27 pm

I'd say this forum is more active with posts than animations, but maybe I'm wrong.
Welcome to the forums anyway!
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Return to General Talk