legalise shooting gay people in the head?

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: legalise shooting gay people in the head?

Postby Grams » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:24 pm

Root wrote:Just because we came across it in a thread in which it is presented to be laughed at doesn't mean that its existance isn't a real issue.

The things is, it's not a real issue. In what universe would a bill like this be passed? It's not even worth discussing. But:

Let's say we were to take this seriously for a split-second. Excluding the sanction of murdering other human beings, it presents a host of problems that have already been presented in a comical manner on this thread. What procedure would you have to adhere to? Would there be a way to prove someone's homosexuality? Couldn't you just claim the individual was gay? It's not like anyone would know if they were still in the closet, so really you could kill anyone.
Last edited by Grams on Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Daniël » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:35 pm

Grams wrote:
Root wrote:Just because we came across it in a thread in which it is presented to be laughed at doesn't mean that its existance isn't a real issue.

The things is, it's not a real issue. In what universe would a bill like this be passed?

In the same universe where a holocaust is possible. Where wars are fought continuously because people have different opinions.

Just because this bill won't get passed, doesn't mean there isn't a real issue at hand here.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Grams » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:39 pm

Daniël wrote:
Grams wrote:

The things is, it's not a real issue. In what universe would a bill like this be passed?

In the same universe where a holocaust is possible. Where wars are fought continuously because people have different opinions.

Just because this bill won't get passed, doesn't mean there isn't a real issue at hand here.

Yeah, bigotry is obviously still an issue. But that's not really breaking news (I don't mean not to do anything about it though). If anything, I feel like the bill would deter people from that frame of mind. Most people who aren't fond of homosexuality don't recommend the genocide of them.
Last edited by Grams on Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Franklin » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:39 pm

It's not about whether the bill will get passed or not. It's not even about the bill itself. It's about the ignorance and hate that made its existance possible.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby SupaPig » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:43 pm

Facepalm
My Thread><><><><><><><My Profile

Animating:BBoDD V Entry:
Progress: 10/1000 Frames
SupaPigOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby socks » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Daniël wrote:
Grams wrote:

I mean, yeah the holocaust is something to compare a bill in not only america, CALIFUCKINGFORNIA A heavily homo sexually accepting state is beyond fucking hilarious that the bill is even though the get more than one vote.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Franklin » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:34 pm

socks wrote:I mean, yeah the holocaust is something to compare a bill in not only america, CALIFUCKINGFORNIA A heavily homo sexually accepting state is beyond fucking hilarious that the bill is even though the get more than one vote.

Root wrote:It's not about whether the bill will get passed or not. It's not even about the bill itself. It's about the ignorance and hate that made its existance possible.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby socks » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:12 pm

Root wrote:
socks wrote:I mean, yeah the holocaust is something to compare a bill in not only america, CALIFUCKINGFORNIA A heavily homo sexually accepting state is beyond fucking hilarious that the bill is even though the get more than one vote.

Root wrote:It's not about whether the bill will get passed or not. It's not even about the bill itself. It's about the ignorance and hate that made its existance possible.

It's dumb, and shouldn't be acknowledged as a bill.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Franklin » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:10 pm

FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Grams » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:20 pm

Root wrote:

The hate that made this kind of abhorrence possible is a staggering minority. In some cases, it's better to not acknowledge things like this so they can dwindle and die off.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Franklin » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:33 pm

I know that hate of that lever is very rare, but there are still a large number of people that have negative feelings about gays, even if not to such an extreme degree.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Grams » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Root wrote:I know that hate of that lever is very rare, but there are still a large number of people that have negative feelings about gays, even if not to such an extreme degree.

And that is an issue. But I honestly believe this would deter people from hateful thinking. Having someone of this caliber represent a side's beliefs tends to make that side feel ashamed to hold a stance in the same ballpark as a man like that.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Jon » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:54 pm

I fucking hate flamboyancy.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby socks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:33 am

Jon wrote:I fucking hate flamboyancy.

Yeah i mean, i don't not agree.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby TheRavenHouse » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:17 pm

Jon wrote:I fucking hate flamboyancy.

I hate people who hate flamboyancy, they make me so MAD! They're so in your face with how much they hate it, like I don't mind if someone hates flamboyant people in the privacy of their own home, but get that shit out of my face and my incredibly gay children's faces.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk