CERN Blackhole: No April Fool's Joke...

Have a natter here with other users!

CERN Blackhole: No April Fool's Joke...

Postby Jojishi » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:20 am

After a 2 year hiatus, the LHC has been started up again. Apparently the discovery of the Higgs Boson particle wasn't enough, as they now want to observe mini black-holes to prove the theory of other dimensions.

phpBB [video]

There's some horrible news though. Over the course of those two years they upgraded the total power protons will collide at from 7.3 Tev to 13 Tev. Why is this bad you may ask? The theoretical minimal energy of formation of a ‘bag of strangelets’ and ‘micro-black holes’ is 10 Tev, so 13 Tev clearly goes over that threshold.

This could potentially result in a mini black-hole big enough to sustain itself, or the formation of negatively charged strange matter which will suck in positively charged atoms. This is a terrifying prospect which physicists Frank Wilczek and Stephen Hawking have laughed off, "I never was so confident to make a prediction as when I was called to seat on a panel about the possibility of an accelerator turning on and ending the world; predicting that it won’t is very safe because if your prediction is wrong [shrugging his shoulders], ha, ha, ha, ha."

More information can be found here.

The experiment will go ahead on Wednesday the 1st of April, as noted in the IGN video. The LHC resides in Sweden, so if it happens on Sweden between the time of 6am and 8pm it will be 8am to 10pm GMT Time (GMT is +2:00) on the 1st of April. The catastrophic end with the black-hole sucking in life and this planet will be between that time, or if we're lucky, it will be a slower period possibly lasting until December this year where the planet slowly gets smaller and smaller until it is a 15km in diameter, lifeless rock. Many earthquakes and disasters will kill off people as it gets progressively worse.

Still skeptical? Consider the Fermi paradox that theorises the very reason we haven't made contact with alien life, is that when alien life reaches the point where it's advanced enough to communicate with other life forms it has likely killed itself off by some experiment to satisfy their God complex and growing egos.

I urge you all to make the most of the time you possibly have left. This isn't a joke and I'm not trying to stir fear, but I'm very concerned with the recent developments regarding the CERN. I hope I'm wrong about all of this, but please make the most of every waking moment.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Re: CERN Blackhole: No April Fool's Joke...

Postby Nice Pants » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 am

i knew my 1k favorite hentai doujins would come in handy.
Nice PantsOffline

Postby Anton » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:44 am

Still skeptical? Consider the Fermi paradox that theorises the very reason we haven't made contact with alien life, is that when alien life reaches the point where it's advanced enough to communicate with other life forms it has likely killed itself off by some experiment to satisfy their God complex and growing egos.

How ironic, considering how "intelligent" these kinds of life become.
I'm still interested to see that (yet another) end of the world... 5 years to go.

But it still smells fishy
Last edited by Anton on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Coweetie » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:50 am

man cut it off, i had enough world ending dreams about a black hole on earth without knowing something of that.freaks me out enough. but, to be on topic, I do believe we humans are too stupid to be able to make such a hole. what i know, they once made a very very very tiny one (invisible for human eye) which lasted not even a thousand of a second or something.

e. and its in swiss

e. oh and you always should live a good life since it is possible that an asteroid comes across and fucks all up. (one asteroid crashed on the earth once because the scientists or how they are named couldnt see it, it flew where the sun was. also they said, STATISTICALLY every 100 million years a dangerous asteroid comes across, but the univers gives a fuck about statistics)
Last edited by Coweetie on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Alca » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:08 am

Oh well. It'd be a bit of excitement for once.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Franklin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:15 am

FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Koolcid » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:18 am

Nothings going to happen, simple as that. There is no god damned way people would risk killing themselves like this for no reason. You think that the president or whoever would just be like "Oh we can wipe out the entire human race with this? We'd better not do i- WAIT, WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO PROVE PARALLEL UNIVERSES?! SHIT FUCK YEAH DUDE LETS DO IT FUCK THE HUMAN RACE."
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby Lord » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:20 pm

Koolcid wrote:Nothings going to happen, simple as that. There is no god damned way people would risk killing themselves like this for no reason. You think that the president or whoever would just be like "Oh we can wipe out the entire human race with this? We'd better not do i- WAIT, WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO PROVE PARALLEL UNIVERSES?! SHIT FUCK YEAH DUDE LETS DO IT FUCK THE HUMAN RACE."

I... don't think he phrased it formally but he's right.
The people who are doing this must know what they're doing like a bomb-expert disposing of a bomb.

I'm going to safely assume that there's an 82.356% chance this will work and no black hole is going to occur.

It's simply too dangerous to be doing stuff like this but relax, it's with the experts, they know what they're doing.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Koolcid » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:48 pm

I just really don't think that Jojishi should be completely obsessed with this since he changed his signature and avatar and everything stating the date like a doomsday clock. Scaring the shit out of everyone like the news did with 2012 and Y2K.
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby Царица Луна » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:41 pm

If we die in two days, gg.

But I would expect humanity would want to avoid committing suicide if possible.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby Josh » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:53 pm

Koolcid wrote:Scaring the shit out of everyone like the news did with 2012 and Y2K.

BUT GUYS ITS REALLY HAPPENING THIS TIME.

I don't think we have the technology or no how to create anything like that, though who knows. If shit goes tits-up then I can safely say spending 5 years on a pivot forum is the best thing I've ever done.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Koolcid » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:57 pm

You don't lose by disagreeing with doomsdays lol. Either it doesn't happen and you're right or no one will be around to say "I told you so!"

But I really don't believe this will cause a black hole.
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby MCToast » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Well, time to steal some televisions
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Grams » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:36 pm

Root wrote:Image

fucking LOL
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Tom » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:52 pm

I probably should of stayed away from pivot forums a bit longer.
TomOffline
Regular
Regular

Next

Return to General Talk