Where are you trying to go?

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: Where are you trying to go?

Postby lordkazari » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:44 pm

im still in middleschool but when I get out im considering a future in animation
lordkazariOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Cressel » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:58 pm

I never intended to be a professional animator on the slightest. I mean it's fun and all but I never considered it anything more than a hobby. I'm studying Computer systems and just want a decent job.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Raymond » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:04 pm

Cressel wrote:I never intended to be a professional animator on the slightest. I mean it's fun and all but I never considered it anything more than a hobby. I'm studying Computer systems and just want a decent job.

And that is why you will become successful. I wanted to be a professional animator, but I've given up on that awhile ago. For a couple reasons. Mainly because it's too much work and not enough pay, but also because I don't have the artistic talent for it.

The thing is, people who hire animators usually don't know the first thing about animation or how much they should be paying them. Most of them want 4-5 minute animations, and most of them expect it to be done in a week. It's tough working for someone when they don't know how much work is actually being put into the job.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Previous

Return to General Talk