True Fear

Have a natter here with other users!

True Fear

Postby Liteicon » Sun May 17, 2015 10:04 am

I just want to share this thing to you guys, but it really didn't happen to me and I only got interested onto it actually. It's about Lucid Dreaming and Sleep Paralysis. Lucid dreaming is a phenomenon of controlling your dream consciously base on what I heard. And it takes practice to be done, and what I heard too is it has a danger side, sleep paralysis. I have no idea where or when can it happen. Hate to explain, so here
http://m.9gag.com/gag/3434656/lucid-dre ... -dangerous

I got interested on Lucid Dreaming because you know, you can control your dream, you can have sex on your dream on what you want lol. But once I know about sleep paralysis, I got scared doing it.
|| PIVOT THREAD || DEVIANTART || ART THREAD ||
I don't want life to imitate art, I want life to be art - Ernst Fischer
LiteiconOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: True Fear

Postby Caleb » Sun May 17, 2015 4:26 pm

I naturally have the ability to lucid dream and if I turn on my back during my sleep or am stressed for something then sleep paralysis is likely to happen as well. I've learnt to handle both quite well, I can control myself and my surroundings perfectly in lucid dreams, except from water. I tend to avoid beaches since they'll end in tsunamis, waking me up.

Just don't get the guy to sit on you and you'll be fine. Sleep paralysis isn't as scary as it sounds. For me it was only scary at first because I thought I was becoming delusional until I heard it's a common thing to happen.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Jojishi » Sun May 17, 2015 6:42 pm

I wish I could experience sleep paralysis. Sounds like a fun time.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Anton » Mon May 18, 2015 5:44 pm

That makes me think about a recurrent fear I often had as a child, the fear of getting compressed against a wall when trying to sleep, and having my breath taken out for a short period of time.
And when it ends, a recall of bad memories happens.

As for now, that wall isn't affecting me anymore (even though it's still there sometimes) and no more bad memories. On the other hand, I can't have lucid dreams anymore.

Sometimes, I think about a link between lucidity and that wall entity thingie, but that's a completely blind guess.
Either way, I wish I had my lucidity back.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Gage » Mon May 18, 2015 6:11 pm

Jojishi wrote:I wish I could experience sleep paralysis. Sounds like a fun time.

shut up
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Gary » Mon May 18, 2015 6:47 pm

I can usually lucid dream whenever I lay on my side for whatever reason. It's pretty fucking cool. Never want to experience Sleep Paralysis tho, doesn't sound like a pleasant experience.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Liteicon » Mon May 18, 2015 7:39 pm

I wish I could experience lucid dreaming without experiencing SP, it really sounds creepy.
|| PIVOT THREAD || DEVIANTART || ART THREAD ||
I don't want life to imitate art, I want life to be art - Ernst Fischer
LiteiconOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Llama » Mon May 18, 2015 8:14 pm

The worst story of sleep paralysis that I've heard of came from this guy I met at a summer camp. He was sleeping over at the house of some relatives and he shared a room with three other cousins. He woke up in the middle of the night with this "Ring"-esque girl sitting on his chest. He couldn't do anything about it because he was scared out of his wits and if he tried to wake his cousins they'd think he was crazy.

I remember reading somewhere that drinking apple juice right before going to bed is supposed to help trigger lucid dreaming or at least increase the chances of it happening. I don't know what to think of it, but I might try it one day unless it's disproven otherwise.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Coweetie » Tue May 19, 2015 2:00 pm

I remember one spleep paralyzis where I first dreamt of a monster.
It was somewhat weird silence but it was not silent the same time.
I tried to shoot it. which kinda got 2 of them when I did in a smaller form, then again and they multiplied again, getting even smaller, and at the end there were hundret of tiny monster coming at me, rolling over me and bringin weitght on my chest. It was an immense pressure. I woke up, the shadow of the tree looked like something that comes to me. Sure it wasn't. But that maybe influenced the dream, It sometimes happens that your eyes are open when you sleep.
I couldn't move or breathe proper (yeah i did, but i couldnt take control), it got better after some time (i really cannot say how much time passed, most likely just some seconds), all I could do was to focus on sleeping again. The bad thing was, the previous dream continued where it stopped though, but after telling myself some more that it was a dream, it worked and I could sleep normally..

such stuff is really weird, it only happens to me when I am in bad condition. So if you're kinda wasted, don't do sports I mean or else to be fit, you get to that more likely though.

As far as I know, that paralyzis happens when your mind is awake, but your nerve system isn't. When you sleep in, your brain shuts down the muscles, your hearing, seeing. that is why you think you don't hear something when you sleep or doze. it's a normal thing, but sometimes it is desynchronized

I don't think that there's a connection from paralyzis to luzid dreams. Never had both at the same time.

The first time I was luzid dreaming, I was like "yay what do I do!", I flew outta space, looking for other planets but I wasn't creative enough to imagine cool planets though. It got boring, I randomly get awareness that I dream but I didn't care that much anymore, sure, you can edit your dream, but, it is boring after some time somehow.

You get to luzid dreaming when you tell yourself, that you willl be aware of your dreaming before sleeping in. it takes practise but it works.
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby TheRavenHouse » Tue May 19, 2015 2:13 pm

I've experienced sleep paralysis twice, and lucid dreaming a handful of times.

The paralysis was scary the first time cause I had no idea what was going on, no hallucinations though, my eyes were closed and I was on my side so nothing on my chest like people usually talk about. I just laid there unable to move for awhile. Stupid brain. Second time I'd done some research and I knew you could break out of it by holding your breath till your body panics, and so I did that and I was fine. Uneventful.

Lucid dreaming on the otherhand has been weird, first time it happened and I realized I could control myself I was in an underground bunker, some post apocalypse scenario, like Fallout 3. Anyway I raped a woman in there. When I woke up I felt really bad about it. Next few experiences with lucid dreaming happened after a weekend long drug trip on various powerful drugs. I was really fucked up physically and mentally and I couldn't sleep without it being lucid dreaming instantly. These were strange and abstract dreams, one of them I was locked in a mansion, I fell into the basement and met a minotaur. The other I was simply floating in the air at night slightly above the ground. When I tried to control it I stopped floating and hit the ground and woke up from the impact. Another one I don't remember too well had silent hillesque mannequin type demons trying to break into my room. All in all it wasn't a good experience. I'd like to have lucid dreams that aren't nightmares and where I don't hurt people.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby socks » Tue May 19, 2015 5:36 pm

TheRavenHouse wrote:Lucid dreaming on the otherhand has been weird, first time it happened and I realized I could control myself I was in an underground bunker, some post apocalypse scenario, like Fallout 3. Anyway I raped a woman in there. When I woke up I felt really bad about it.

You had the ability to control your dream, and you performed rape.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby TheRavenHouse » Tue May 19, 2015 5:55 pm

socks wrote:
TheRavenHouse wrote:Lucid dreaming on the otherhand has been weird, first time it happened and I realized I could control myself I was in an underground bunker, some post apocalypse scenario, like Fallout 3. Anyway I raped a woman in there. When I woke up I felt really bad about it.

It's not a fuckin magic act, I raped a woman, I didn't perform shit.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby socks » Tue May 19, 2015 9:15 pm

TheRavenHouse wrote:
socks wrote:

It's not a fuckin magic act, I raped a woman, I didn't perform shit.

You had the ability to control your dream, and raped a women. You need a therapist.
Last edited by socks on Tue May 19, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Yogurt » Tue May 19, 2015 9:17 pm

one time i was lucid dreaming and woah turns out i have thoughts of killing children in their sleep, its k tho i was sleeping
"And she walked in a third time and she was just fingering his ass shes such a fucking genki girl."
-Mitch
YogurtOffline
reitred staff
reitred staff

Postby TheRavenHouse » Tue May 19, 2015 11:26 pm

socks wrote:You had the ability to control your dream, and raped a women. You need a therapist.

Yeah it's fucked up, it hasn't sat well with me man. You're right, I do need help, I'm mentally a trainwreck. I've made no secret of that, and I never defended what I did in that dream, I resented it from when I woke up from it till now.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Next

Return to General Talk