Congratulations!

Have a natter here with other users!

Congratulations!

Postby Lithium » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:45 pm

I can't believe you guys are still going strong. I'm always surprised by how this community never seems to die.

Like for real this site is over a decade old? I thought a congratulations was in order.

Congratulations to the staff and members for you all contribute to it's well being. No matter how boring or troll-like everyone is, for some reason you all stay together.

How is everyone going by the way? Tell me what the latest craze is. Juke I think told me that there is a dojodemon collab going down. How is it? What is the community relationship like nowdays? Are there lots of arguements or does everyone obey the admins?

This thread is my personal hola for still keeping pivot alive in 2015. Share the love or tell me some news. (cheesygrin (thumbsup

P.S: I don't care how angry you are at eachother or how much this site is a joke to you. This thread is for positivity only. If you want to be a troll please do it elsewhere. If you really have nothing positive to say, atleast tell me how your life has been!
LithiumOffline
Retired
Retired

Re: Congratulations!

Postby Franklin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:30 am

Well we have less spam bots than realitycut, so that's always a plus.

A bunch of awesome people finally got the move up to interz that they deserved recently. The Walks of Life 3 is going on, which is cool. I think you showing up is pretty neat as well, tbh.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Raymond » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:37 am

Thanks Lithium, that means a lot coming from you. I'm just happy that people can enjoy their time here. And I'm also happy that I've been able to do so with Juke and some of the old members of the community.

I've been working on my DojoDemon entry. It's not very long yet, but I've gotten progress done and that's what counts. I don't animate that much anymore, so I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed and intimidated by some of the dojo members screenshots, and even most of our members screenshots, which might be contributing to my procrastination. I'll still do my best to get something done though.

The community has been alright lately. We occasionally get people who stray off topic or cause pointless debates, but things wouldn't be fun if everything was serious all the time. Obviously as staff we try not to let things fly, but sometimes it's pointless trying to defend the rules when everyone is breaking them. The main reason for people trolling on this site is to get some type of reaction out of the staff or other members, and I've come to realize the best way to deal with these people is to ignore them. Eventually they get bored and either leave or learn to be mature and take the time to fit in with the community. I enjoy posting here and I've met a lot of great people on this site and if it wasn't for you guys this site wouldn't even be a thing.

My life has been pretty good. I actually just got a $1 raise at my job and a promotion to Buisness Services. I don't make that much money as a Technical Support Representative, but it's a pretty laid back job and I've been there for quite awhile now and gotten used to my co-workers. I'm currently done with school, but I plan to go back, possibly for a Business Degree. I've always wanted to open my own electronics store, but it's a bit ambitious for me. I guess all things come with hard work and time, so if I want it enough, I'll strive for it. I'm pretty open with everyone here, so some of you might know some of this already, but it's cool getting a chance to share my thoughts.

Anyways man, enough about me, how are you? I'm happy that you still check in with us every so often, even if you are not as active as you used to be. It's nice seeing an old face around here. :)
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Lord » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:55 am

I'm doing fine, still fighting for inters. :) (to be honest I really don't care about getting inters anymore)
I've been keeping busy on my summer holidays animating and model-making and doing some small work with my dad outside of home.
Started swimming lessons recently too, even though I can swim I wanted to brush up on what I already know. It's been over 6 years since I've been swimming.
Thanks for popping by though, for whatever time you're staying for. ;)
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Cressel » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:57 pm

It's always nice to see you pop up. Animation is still going strong for the most part so that's pretty nice. Personally have been drifting off animating but I still enjoy the content produced by the rest of the people here, it's just easier to waste time on other things than animating.

How about you? How has everything been going for you, what are you up to?
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Lithium » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:20 am

I had a pretty terrible year so far to be honest. Loooots of problems and negativity. However I'm on a roll to improve the quality of the year from now because 6 months is enough of bad luck!

Thanks for telling me how you guys are going. Also raymond I like that dream you have about the electronics store. I got a lot of big dreams too which I intend to fulfill. But having dreams come with a cost and sacrifice! But we can freaking do it!! Apologies for not replying with a huge indepth post about me but theres not a lot else I can say at this time haha.

Who is the main attraction on the site nowdays?
Oh also does anyone know who won the wimbledon?

LithiumOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Four » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:18 am

Djocovich won.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Daniël » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:40 am

FourAcross wrote:Djocovich won.

As to be expected, honestly.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Pistol » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:13 am

The site is dead there are no congratulations necessary
PistolOffline
VIP

Postby TheRavenHouse » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:49 am

Pistol wrote:The site is dead there are no congratulations necessary

>Dying
We're still kicking baby, don't give up just yet. Shit, mat died once and he's fine, we got this.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby Juke » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:22 am

Considering our forum gets 108 posts per day, we aren't dead...or dying.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Mat » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:25 am

TheRavenHouse wrote:he's fine

I wouldn't say that, I now have permanent brain damage, and it is a struggle for my body to do certain things that were easy before.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Pistol » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:56 pm

Denial is part of grief, it's fine.
PistolOffline
VIP

Postby TheRavenHouse » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:33 pm

Pistol wrote:Daniël is part of grief, it's fine.

Fixed
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby Josh » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:09 pm

Mat wrote:I wouldn't say that, I now have permanent brain damage, and it is a struggle for my body to do certain things that were easy before.

Just like DD in which case. You're a surprisingly good metaphor for a pivot forum, Mat.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Next

Return to General Talk