TDD channel

Have a natter here with other users!

TDD channel

Postby SIFTER » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:14 am

Seeing as we seldom add any video at all to our youtube channel, let alone Facebook—unless it's a really, really huge collab— why not add some more content to it? To enrich the channel a little bit. It doesn't have to be just collabs. It can be anything from full-lenght projects to music created by the community, for people to see what else does TDD make. Sometimes even WIPs. We don't really have to stick to any schedule or anything at all since we all know how are we with time management and commitment... Our Facebook page can be used for images such as the ones in the screenshot thread. Maybe global announcements too. Wanna know what you guys think of it all, and see if it can actually be done.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Re: TDD channel

Postby Llama » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:15 am

So kinda like Hyun's Dojo where they showcase member creations alongside collabs and community projects?
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Michi » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:16 am

Featured animations would be a nice thing.
Spoiler:
Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston - The Illusion of Life: Disney Animation
https://vk.com/doc-58650815_254012664?dl=c753708760f72ab566
Richard Williams - The Animator's Survival Kit:
https://vk.com/doc176415392_222242886?hash=5e3a8f0a7cbfa92e91&dl=bc6e3d465d2f9e012c
Spoiler:
12 Principles of Animation summarized
http://vimeo.com/93206523
Aaron Hartline and Victor Navone, animators at Pixar Animation Studios and mentors at Animation Mentor, discuss timing and spacing tips and tricks
http://www.animationmentor.com/resources/webinars/timing-and-spacing/
Pixar's 22 rules to phenomenal storytelling
http://imgur.com/gallery/E8xe0

my thread
MichiOffline
I'm trash

Postby SIFTER » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:41 am

Llama wrote:So kinda like Hyun's Dojo where they showcase member creations alongside collabs and community projects?

The difference would be in variety. Music and artworks will be featured too. Basically what Artangle failed to do.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby PivAd » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:13 am

I'm not sure about the music and art, but featured animations would be nice! Or top animations of the month would be great.

We could also do a DD history kinda thing; we'd upload amazing old animations from amazing old animators.

Also how about the older DD collabs? Should it be uploaded to the channel? or at least have someone archive them in case the old channel goes away for unknown reasons.
Pivot Animations | Music Productions

b0x0r Collab entry: 670 / ??? frames
PivAdOffline
Extra you bitch ;)
Extra you bitch ;)

Postby TθPS » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:29 am

make some TDD compilation
or awesome short anim in the facebook page as a gif
TθPSOffline
­Tthetaops
­Tthetaops

Postby Juke » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 am

We did do a featured animation kind of thing here : https://www.youtube.com/user/animatornetwork
Only problem is there aren't any animations being made these days that are good enough to have their own video. All the content that comes out of here now are shorts on a white bg.
I'm up for a DD history type of video, that could be great I might actually get on to doing that.
I was also thinking of uploading the old dd collabs to the channel too. However they probably wouldn't get any views but it would be nice to just have them on the channel. Only thing would be that peoples subscription page would be flooded with the dd collabs.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Llama » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:11 am

Juke wrote:Only thing would be that peoples subscription page would be flooded with the dd collabs.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby SIFTER » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:40 am

Unless Juke hates to see Pivots on his youtube's subscription feed. Oh noes the king hates his nation what we gon do now, guys? nuuuuuuu

Jokes aside, my idea is that people who are outside the community have this idea that we only create Pivot animations and nothing else. So, to prove that wrong, we could feature and showoff things that are outside Pivot's field on Facebook, Youtube and such. This could welcome in different sorts of people. Maybe there are some oldies that have lost their interest in Pivot and are doing other things.if they find out that we're starting to focus on other things too, they might decide to comeback, and the same case applies to newcomers. Who knows?
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Juke » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:54 am

Well yeah they're wrong to think we only create pivot animations...because we actually create nothing lol.
I just find it unpleasing to see a channel that has updated about 7 videos in the space of 10 minutes, just seems kind of spammy. However we do need to get those collabs up on the channel.
Honestly though, i think we should only put up animations on the channel, we are really only an animation forum with the odd digital painting or drawing posted once every 2 months.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Raymond » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:01 pm

Juke wrote:We did do a featured animation kind of thing here : https://www.youtube.com/user/animatornetwork
Only problem is there aren't any animations being made these days that are good enough to have their own video. All the content that comes out of here now are shorts on a white bg.

Lately I've seen a couple videos posted that would be worth putting on our channel. LordPivot and Flame's DDG are good examples of what we could upload. They don't have to be works of art. I mean we have The Worst Animation Collabs on there, I don't think you can get much worse than that. I think youtube is very important when it comes to getting our name out there. I feel like right now we should be uploading more content rather than worry about the quality of the content. People want to see something that looks nice, but I think youtube's viewer base cares more about who uploads new stuff everyday rather than who uploads works of art every 3 months. So uploading some finished videos would be a good idea, even if we only uploaded 1 a week. I mean there are some decent animations posted on here, but I think the main problem is that only 1/3 of them are being flashed with sound effects and we don't exactly have someone who is willing to flash a new video every week.

Juke wrote:I was also thinking of uploading the old dd collabs to the channel too. However they probably wouldn't get any views but it would be nice to just have them on the channel. Only thing would be that peoples subscription page would be flooded with the dd collabs.

I think we held off doing this because we didn't know if DarkAsshole owned the rights to the videos. But when I think about it, the only thing he owns is the animator.net intro. All the content in the DarkDemon Collabs were made by the members of the community. If we just stripped the animator.net intro from the DD collabs and threw in our new one I don't think we would have any issues. And I highly doubt DarkAsshole is going to sue us over a couple pivot videos, or even notice we uploaded the videos. The dude probably doesn't even log onto Animator.net, the place still looks like shit.

TLDR: I'm not sure how I feel about uploading the old DDC's. I don't even think they would get that many views with our measly 434 subscribers lol. Maybe we should wait on doing that, and if we manage to get like 50,000 subscribers on TDDchannel, we can then think about uploading them, when we know more people will see them in their subscription feeds. I do want to start uploading individual people's animations though. If we can get permission from the animators, I think we'll start doing that and see how it works out.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Juke » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:19 pm

Yeah when we used the logo on animator.net DA threatened to sue us if we didn't change our logo, so we recreated it. I was then kind of worrying that he would do the same thing if we uploaded the DDC collabs, however I don't think anyone actually owns the rights to it considering it's content that isn't copyrighted and it has been created by numerous people over the internet.
DA doesn't visit animator.net or anything he wouldn't even notice if we uploaded that. I may get on to uploading the first DDC by tonight.

I would love to post featured animations on the channel. But I don't see actual content that is good enough to be featured at the moment. There are no long animations being made anymore, just small shorts.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby PivAd » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:25 pm

Juke wrote:-----

If ever I can try and help with the history thing! I kinda did post a huge collection of pivs back there haha.
Pivot Animations | Music Productions

b0x0r Collab entry: 670 / ??? frames
PivAdOffline
Extra you bitch ;)
Extra you bitch ;)

Postby Juke » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:39 pm

Im thinking of doing a DD History Spotlight series. Where I upload old memorable animations such as Jon and Cwoke Need A Light? animation etc.
Might upload one every 2 weeks or so.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Jojishi » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:21 am

That sounds like a great idea Juke.

Also, if you're worried about uploading the DDCs all at once, the simple solution is to upload one collab every week or two. Then we'll be putting content out on the channel for the next 3-6 months! It wouldn't even take any effort and people would enjoy it way more like this than flooding their entire subscription box. You're also more likely to get the views for all of them that they deserve instead of people skipping some.

I was thinking of flashing an animation that I think would be suitable for the channel. I might work on it tonight.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Next

Return to General Talk