Bigfoot Movie Project

Have a natter here with other users!

Bigfoot Movie Project

Postby Stickid » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:00 am

Hey guys, been a while! Sorry I haven't been around much, I haven't had much free time and the community just isn't what it used to be.

Anyways, my friend and I are trying to make a bigfoot found-footage-film, following the events of the movie Willow Creek. Honestly it's more of his deal, but it sounded like a fun idea to me and we figured we'd have nothing to lose by launching a Kickstarter.

So far, I'm the main character so I plan on having some fun with the role. Anyways, if you feel like supporting the project, please donate and/or help spread this around!

phpBB [video]

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... foot-movie

(feel free to move this post anywhere you feel most appropriate)
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Re: Bigfoot Movie Project

Postby Alexis » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:12 am

this looks really promising, since i cant donate the least i can do is spread it around :^)
Don't Start.
AlexisOffline
pretty fuckin' dead
VIP

Postby Mat » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:37 am

I'll see what I can give after I pay for rent and everything. Expect at least 25 from me though
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Carl » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:19 pm

I might give it a few dollars when i get home, not sure if this site accepts Maestro tho, because that's all I've got.
CarlOffline
Active
Active

Postby Daniël » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Will it include facial hair?
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Stickid » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:44 pm

Thanks for the support guys. I doubt we'll hit our goal but we'll still film some stuff and share the results regardless.

Daniël wrote:Will it include facial hair?

gluing pubes to my face just 4 u
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby Mat » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:53 pm

Stickid wrote:Thanks for the support guys. I doubt we'll hit our goal but we'll still film some stuff and share the results regardless.

Daniël wrote:Will it include facial hair?

gluing pubes to my face just 4 u

Make sure to include a conversation about mixed drinks too. I'll donate after I get off the road.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Gary » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:33 pm

ill donate only if u host the next podcast
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby SIFTER » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:03 pm

Girbot wrote:ill donate only if u host the next podcast
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Mat » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Sorry I forgot to donate the other day. It should have gone through now bro. Wish others would contribute as well. I noticed I'm the only backer so far. Austin has put a lot of time and work into being a part of dark demon throughout the years, it would be nice if we could help him out with his goals after all he's done for us.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Stickid » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:43 pm

Mat wrote:Sorry I forgot to donate the other day. It should have gone through now bro. Wish others would contribute as well. I noticed I'm the only backer so far.

Wow thanks Mat! Yeah you're the first,we really appreciate it though. Even if this doesn't get fully funded I'll try to send you something special (thumbsup

Sifter wrote:
Girbot wrote:ill donate only if u host the next podcast

Oh gosh, can I flash every collab too?
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby Raymond » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:45 pm

It's good to hear from you Stickid. I remember you telling me how you made some money doing freelance work, designing logos and stuff. I didn't know you were into making movies though.

I just spent close to $300 to fix the windshield on my car, and I'm currently living with my grandma to help pay her bills, so money is tight right now, but when I get my next pay check I'll donate some money. I hope you meet your pledge of $3,500. When you think about it, you're really not asking for that much considering what's involved in filming something like this. You'll be driving to a remote location (gas isnt cheap), which involves hiking gear, warm clothing, food, possibly tents, etc. I'm guessing you're filming at night which also involves cameras capable of decent night vision. And things like that are not cheap.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Stickid » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:12 pm

Thanks Raymond, good to hear from you too! Yeah I was freelancing for a while and got picked up by a video tutorial company, been doing it over a year now (most recent video: https://youtu.be/XydIyrSWBYY)

But yeah my friend kind of thrust this project on me, we were already planning a trip to Northern California but he wanted to give us something more productive to do. Honestly I think we'll have lots of fun, whether it turns out good or not.

Sorry about your windshield, hopefully now you'll stop mowing down pedestrians! Nice of you to help your grandma out, sounds like money well spent. Yeah $3,500 is pretty thin but we can spread it out. Last time we went to the film location, we ran into some cast and crew of the Finding Bigfoot tv show, they want to help us out so that's hopeful!
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby Raymond » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:16 am

Stickid wrote:Last time we went to the film location, we ran into some cast and crew of the Finding Bigfoot tv show, they want to help us out so that's hopeful!
I don't watch it every week, because it just feels like the same thing over and over again, but I've seen that show every so often. It's hard not to believe in bigfoot when you consider how much unexplored land there is out there. And if they're as intelligent as that show makes them out to be, they must be good at hiding themselves. I just wonder if they are intelligent enough to know that if we ever found one we would probably experiment on them.

It's definitely interesting to think about. What if there is something out there that is smarter than the average ape? With all the sightings reported, you would think we would have found one by now or have solid video proof. I'm sure you've thought about it already, but imagine coming in contact with one. In the show it mentions they can reach 6-9 feet tall and if they're even remotely related to apes, that means they probably have the same physical strength. Their calls sound terrifying and they're supposedly nocturnal, so maybe they have some form of night vision. And if you're trying to get one on camera, you're stepping on their turf. If they do exist and you run into one, you're putting your life at risk. There haven't been any reports of people being attacked though, other than rocks being thrown. Which just sounds silly to me.

Regardless though, it's cool they're interested in helping you out. They seem like cool people who are really passionate about bigfoot.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Stickid » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:22 pm

Raymond wrote:I don't watch it every week, because it just feels like the same thing over and over again, but I've seen that show every so often.

Yeah I've only seen like two episodes, not really my thing either. Funny thing though, Cliff and Bobo told us that the producers constantly try to manufacture exciting moments by tricking the cast with fake sounds or props. Kind of explains the why the show feels so goofy while still trying to take itself seriously.

It is a pretty interesting subject though, I love the idea of mysterious creatures co-existing with us on earth. Even if sasquatches don't exist, it's curious that so many people claim to see them so often. I think it's the not-knowing-for-sure that's the fun part.

Yeah the guys were super cool, we just happened to be camping in the same place at the same time, they invited us to their campfire and we spent a few nights just hanging with them. http://i.imgur.com/75Pb7oV.jpg
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Next

Return to General Talk