Jobs

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: Jobs

Postby TheRavenHouse » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:35 pm

I did art commissions for a little bit, which is surprising since I'm not very good, but that's how it goes. Never made much money doing that, but enough to buy some nice things for myself.

I applied for a lot of jobs for a long time, until just this year the movie theater near my house hired me. My coworkers are really cool and I can watch movies for free, though I don't really do that. I make 50 cents more than minimum wage, so I can't complain, for a first job that's good I suppose. It's fucking rough when big movies come out though, I've never wished for the death of the film industry more than now. It's only part time but I get fairly good money from it, seeing as I live with my mom and she buys the food and all that, I'm free to shower my hard earned cash on all the honeys and myself etc. It's a nice job all things considered but I hate it. I don't have a good work ethic, I don't wanna work.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby Lord » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:09 am

TheRavenHouse wrote:I don't wanna work.

This. Could be a problem. :/ XD

I hear people that work in cinemas end up destroying their love for films. I pondered the idea of looking for work in a cinema one day but decided not to. XD
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby TheRavenHouse » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:42 am

Lord wrote:I hear people that work in cinemas end up destroying their love for films.

Not yet, however I do see the ends of every new movie the day they come out, so they're not ruined for me, but it's definitely different.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby Daniël » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:15 pm

Nope, I get to see movies for free and I've always got a +1. So if anything it makes it easier to love movies.

Also, I just get to see the credits, never the endings if I don't want to, so no problems there either.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Previous

Return to General Talk