How to Get Views on Your Animations on YouTube!

Have a natter here with other users!

How to Get Views on Your Animations on YouTube!

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:52 pm

Hey guys, Andrew here. Everyone who has attempted to make a Pivot Animation (or Flash, Stick Nodes, etc.) YouTube channel knows how broken the YouTube algorithm is. I released a video in 2014 and when I checked back in June, it only had 200 views. Then, I quickly realized something; Pivot Fighting Tournaments get huge views and some of them aren't even high quality. I decided to experiment and uploaded a Pivot Fighting Tournament of my own onto YouTube. I made a quick, semi-appealing thumbnail and spammed pivot animation related tags on it. Over the course of a month or so, I received over 30k views. I uploaded another Tournament a month ago and it was met with 10k views. When I uploaded a short video for my new Pivot Clan, it was hit with 300 views; my first video only had 200 over 2 years. Note that when I uploaded the first video, I only had 10 subscribers. From that evidence, I can safely conclude that if you want views, make a Pivot Fighting Tournament or an unoriginal title that Pivot fans often watch (such as a Zombie Apocalypse).

TL;DR be unoriginal, but make it high quality

My Channel as Proof:
Spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeV0rHLT3Sd6jVvrP88xsPg
AndrewOffline

Re: How to Get Views on Your Animations on YouTube!

Postby elixir » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:30 pm

but what if i don't want my channel to be filled with 9 year old pivot noobs
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Elixir wrote:but what if i don't want my channel to be filled with 9 year old pivot noobs

We must all sacrifice something.
AndrewOffline

Postby tuna » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:11 pm

Andrew wrote:
Elixir wrote:but what if i don't want my channel to be filled with 9 year old pivot noobs

yes, but i draw the line at my integrity
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Andrew » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:38 pm

Tuna wrote:
Andrew wrote:

yes, but i draw the line at my integrity

Integrity is for the weak.
AndrewOffline

Postby tuna » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:21 pm

Andrew wrote:
Tuna wrote:yes, but i draw the line at my integrity

Integrity is for the weak.

that's ironic as fuck lmao
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Jojishi » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:59 pm

That's actually quite neat that you've shared this with us.

I agree that one of the only ways to get attention is to go after the most searched things. In my case, when I was starting out on YouTube I made videos called "DBZ Pivot Fight" (now just "Pivot Fight") and they started to show up a lot when you would search for "DBZ Pivot Fight". It got my channel lots of attention, but I also put a lot of effort into my videos. You have to create something that gives someone else value. If it's clearly just a cash-in on the YouTube algorithm, people will watch it, think it's not really that great and move on.

Just look at your ratings on your first Pivot Fighting Tournament as an example. Also, even though your subs have gone up you could have gotten way more from a video with 30k views. Quality trumps everything. Put lots of effort into everything you do, make kick-ass animations and people will want to see more.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Andrew » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:03 pm

Jojishi wrote:That's actually quite neat that you've shared this with us.

I agree that one of the only ways to get attention is to go after the most searched things. In my case, when I was starting out on YouTube I made videos called "DBZ Pivot Fight" (now just "Pivot Fight") and they started to show up a lot when you would search for "DBZ Pivot Fight". It got my channel lots of attention, but I also put a lot of effort into my videos. You have to create something that gives someone else value. If it's clearly just a cash-in on the YouTube algorithm, people will watch it, think it's not really that great and move on.

Just look at your ratings on your first Pivot Fighting Tournament as an example. Also, even though your subs have gone up you could have gotten way more from a video with 30k views. Quality trumps everything. Put lots of effort into everything you do, make kick-ass animations and people will want to see more.
I know. I had to go on vacation without the computer on the first video, so I had to rush it. Also I suck lol. But thanks for the feedback.
AndrewOffline

Postby Andrew » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:28 am

wait I just checked the demographics apparently like 60% of the viewers are over 20 or they're 9 year olds lying
AndrewOffline

Postby elixir » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:09 pm

Andrew wrote:

wait I just checked the demographics apparently like 60% of the viewers are over 20 or they're 9 year olds lying

most people set their age above 18 so they can see 'mature' videos
elixirOffline
VIP

Return to General Talk