Motivation for Animation

Have a natter here with other users!

Motivation for Animation

Postby matterkins » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:16 pm

I've pretty much lost the will to animate at this point. Anyone have any motives that seem to work for them? (confused
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: Motivation for Animation

Postby elixir » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:20 pm

I get animators block quit often, most the time motivation just comes randomly to me. Something that helps speed up the process for me is music.
Watching other animations would work too, like those super cool flash fights or something.
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby SIFTER » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:34 pm

Just remind yourself that you get the satisfaction from doing something productive. Usually that's enough.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Moldis » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:21 am

Just watch Shia Lebouf's JUST DO IT!!! over and over again :D
MoldisOffline
Active
Active

Postby tuna » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:42 am

tbh if you just sit down and force yourself to animate, for the first 15mins or so you'll struggle but then you'll realise a bit of toughness on yourself was the only push you needed to get going again. once you've made 10 or so frames, you'll want to make the next frames because you've already made progress, and the main reason you lose motivation is when you feel like progress isnt being made or its gonna be to hard. just get it over and done with and you'll find its its much easier. just go get yourself into the swing of it, remember, its only a struggle at the start.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Finom » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:52 pm

Damn Tuna I wish you said this a year ago. I stopped and came back so many times within the last year and a half I've practically gone in circles the whole time. Nice little motivation (thumbsup
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby matterkins » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:56 pm

Wow, thanks guys. This stuff helps a lot. Also, I got more replies than I had initially expected.
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby SIFTER » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:14 pm

Tuna wrote:... and the main reason you lose motivation is when you feel like progress isnt being made or its gonna be to hard.

That's when you realise you need to simplify the setting of that scene. AS long as you're stubborn and don't learn to simplify from super complex 3D scene to a panning-sideways close up, you'll never get that progress down, or, you might leave the whole project altogether because it's pissed you off enough already. Simplification ensures progress, and sometimes I fall victim to being a hypocrite to my statement. When I do, I fail.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Gary » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:51 am

Just don't force yourself to animate anything you don't feel like animating at the time. If you want to work on a project but don't really feel like it, make something funny or silly beforehand to break off that feeking
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Finom » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:40 pm

I know this is a minor bump, since it is indeed over a week old, but I really wanted to share this with you guys. I just found this yesterday :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZCxzx82MCw
Listen to all of it, please. I promise it's worth it.
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Return to General Talk