Artist's block...

Have a natter here with other users!

Artist's block...

Postby Mcreeses » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:09 pm

I've such a serious halt in my imagination lately and I can't seem to break out of it. Any ideas?..
I'm here to eat your food and steal your furniture.
McreesesOffline

Re: Artist's block...

Postby andyzeke » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:16 am

Really?? I've never experienced an imagination "Halt" before.. So best thing I can say is watch some anime or maybe go in the Elite Hall or Veteran Hall, even Intermediate Hall and watch some of their animations. Maybe you can get an idea of what to do there.
RAINBOW!!!! Hehe
andyzekeOffline
VIP

Postby matterkins » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:06 am

You don't have to make anything original. Just wait for something to come to you. It happens to me all the time.
Another idea my friend gave me is to think of a scene and elaborate on it. I don't have any examples but this is what I do.
matterkinsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Mcreeses » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:58 pm

I say halt bc absolutely nothing comes to mind. And also thanks bit I've done all those things already..multiple times. But still nothing... But thanks anyway
McreesesOffline

Postby SIFTER » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:53 pm

If you're low on ideas, perhaps it's because your reservoir is low. Spend some time reading interesting books, or watching good movies, or just about anything that is known to inspire. Next step is just digging: You start the project, but it turns shit at first, so you just keep "sculpting" it until it looks right. Does it make sense? That's usually how I go about it nowadays.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Mcreeses » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:24 am

Sifter wrote:If you're low on ideas, perhaps it's because your reservoir is low. Spend some time reading interesting books, or watching good movies, or just about anything that is known to inspire. Next step is just digging: You start the project, but it turns shit at first, so you just keep "sculpting" it until it looks right. Does it make sense? That's usually how I go about it nowadays.

I get it..thanks. I've tried that before but eventually jus stopped anyway...I guess I'll give it another go.
McreesesOffline

Return to General Talk