DD Memories

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: DD Memories

Postby DON » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:09 pm

i'm now 20.. fuck i'm old.. lol anyways.. back then i was probably 14 or 12 not sure. but i started pivot around 2008 near the year end.. so i guess it's safer to say 2009.. anyways.. when DD was a thing.. i joined but as a kid i got intimidated and i know i have a long way to go.. so i did animation by myself.. only to know i didn't really learn that much after 4 years of hiatus on 2011-2014.. lol back on 2012 i also joined WTFteam.. i posted few packs back then.. like DBAF and Onepiece pack.. and nothing else.. lol i remember few legends like Bert, Bert.. and Bert.. jk..
MrGrapeSoda, Tiger, Cressel, Joji, Roji, De8struction, Ellpollano, Jon, Lithium, Memphis.. there are alot to name.. i feel ashamed i can't remember all of them.. :V but i was just looking i didn't really posted that alot..
NOPE
DONOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby PivAd » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:02 pm

Sorry to bump this thread up -- I can't help myself from getting nostalgic over things.

Man, I remember this community being so alive back then, reaching the more than ~200 accounts online in one day (as far as I remember?). There were always new posts in beginners, intermediate, and veterans, and occasionally, the godly elites. I remembered the long purgatory-like period when Adam left, and we had a new administrator who basically killed the original site. Darkdemon theme based collabs were a thing back then, b0x0rs, bloody, or whatever dumb shit people thought of. And every year, there was always this awaited DDC, which now has reached up to 13, damnn. The giant tutorials made by other people, the giant stick packs, the massive .piv collections. Wetting yourselves seeing Bert and Jon post. The rivalry with droidz.org

Jesus, there's a lot of things to go nostalgic about. I really missed this community. I still find myself visiting or thinking about it from time to time. Can't believe all of these happened a decade ago.

edit: and oh man the debate area and vip chat
Pivot Animations | Music Productions

b0x0r Collab entry: 670 / ??? frames
PivAdOffline
Extra you bitch ;)
Extra you bitch ;)

Postby DostPs » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:34 pm

I started animating in 2011 (I think, i was 9 at the time) now I'm 16 and i havent made any animation since like october, I remember watching the pivot 4 montage and getting hyped and then making short animations, never made a big project and have always been a beginner since I never really tried to improve in pivot, I was in DD since 2012-13 and loved watching the veterans and elites animations and dreaming of becoming as good as them one day, but then last year I got bored of pivot and didn't really want to improve because pivot is dying, the other day I was watching some pivot videos in youtube and saw one of my favorites it was published 5 years ago and the nostalgia hit me, I remember when TDD came out and I was super excited, I also chatted with some good animators like nanixon and blademaster on skype and they helped me improve a bit (even though I was really immature and obnoxious at the time so nanixon got angry with me, if you're reading this I'm sorry man) anyways that's my story.
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Strider » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:19 pm

You know, I just got an email from a HippiePivot admin, reaching out to the community for fond memories and stories. Got a gutpunch of nostalgia (even though I wasn't really active on HP). You lads should check your emails too and reply, if you were on HP too.

Never forget #6 most posts on DD

This community completely shaped me as a person, from 2008 when I joined as a 12-year-old kid. Good fucking times. I miss the forum age of the internet.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Hypo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:03 pm

I think i passed by HippiePivot for a while, but it's been so long I can't recall what email I used for it...
But, like Strider said, DD shaped me. I never stopped animating and I owe my current job and previous ones to this forum and to Pivot
thank you guys~
HypoOffline
Active
Active

Postby Krustalien » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:12 am

October 2018 will be my 10-year DD joining anniversary. I now don't have anything to do with this community but still have fond memories of climbing the social ladder. Good times.
KrustalienOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Gray » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:14 am

YO!"

I'M AN OLD MAN WITH A JOB AND SHIT NOW YOOOOOOOOO
GrayOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Gary » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:17 am