How did you find Darkdemon and why did you join?

Have a natter here with other users!

How did you find Darkdemon and why did you join?

Postby Царица Луна » Sun May 18, 2014 7:12 pm

How did you find Darkdemon and why did you join? The latter questions is perhaps more obvious.

I began animating with Pivot late-2006. Of course I was looking for a Pivot community to share my animations and improve my ability to animate. By either later that year or early 2007 I somehow came across a now dead site pivothost.org. That site had links to other sites such as Droidz.org, probably Darkdemon.org and Drownedbacon.com. I eventually joined the Drownedbacon.com community sometime in February of 2007; I don't remember why I chose to join that site in particular but it was most likely because the site had a Pivot portal as well as a Flash portal. Eventually I joined Darkdemon.org in 13 March 2008 probably because it seemed like the best alternate Pivot community out there; it became the community I was most involved in certainly after Drownedbacon.com was shutdown late 2008.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Re: How did you find Darkdemon and why did you join?

Postby Llama » Sun May 18, 2014 7:30 pm

I started Pivot around 2009-2010. My sister was actually the one to introduce me to Pivot because she took a Tech class and they used Pivot. I eventually came across DarkDemon while I was searching for gun sprites, and I just happened to come across your sprites! I downloaded every single one of your Gen 2 sprite packs and stalked the whole site but didn't sign up until about fall of 2013. I'm really grateful that I found this community and that I've been able to develop and grow as an animator on here.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Gary » Sun May 18, 2014 8:48 pm

I started animating around 2007/2008 from Youtube with Flash. I found Fluidanims, and joined it, and became a member for a couple of years. Eventually, a member from DD (can't remember who) posted one of the DDCs, and I went to go join the site. I discovered pivot, found it a lot more fun than flash for some reason, stuck with it, and here I am.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Mat » Sun May 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Liquidsword/Jon
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Chris » Sun May 18, 2014 9:05 pm

Jojishi: Chuck animations tribute "The Most Epic pivot Fight in the Galaxy!" The origin to my animations.
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby Extra » Mon May 19, 2014 2:14 am

I started Pivot around '07.
Saw a DDC, can't remember which and decided to check the site out.
Since I was a 13 year old cunt, I was afraid of joining.

Joined some years later, I think 2010.
Made a thread, posted a little bit, and left.
lel
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Postby The Black Mamba » Mon May 19, 2014 2:32 am

I started pivot sometime in 08 and joined DD in 2010, forgot why. I was 12 or 13 around that time though, so all I did was make new threads every time I made an animation and troll the site (typical beginner shit). Went in active for about 9 months and re joined as The Black Mamba in 2011.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Marvilicious » Mon May 19, 2014 2:38 am

I saw PivotmasterDX's videos on Youtube and wanted to animate something like that aswell. I didn't know which program he was using, so I downloaded a variety of programs where I had to draw. (GIMP, Easytoon and Flash) However, drawing was way too hard for me so I kept searching until I found out how the program was called: Pivot!
Sooo, I animated a bit with it but not much. And I think I found Darkdemon after searching for decent animations on Youtube and I think it was OblivionFall who directed me to Darkdemon. Then I joined, I felt at home immediately and started animating properly. (oh you
MarviliciousOffline
Lurking cunt
VIP

Postby MCToast » Mon May 19, 2014 3:00 am

StickyMagic told me forums are better than youtube and DD had FF550 and stickid, so I joined there.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Anton » Mon May 19, 2014 4:24 am

Played funny stickman games (flash) (~2006)
Saw funny stickman animations (youtube)

Googled Pivot, starting animating. (~2007)
Joined the french forum.

Moved to the english forum after a long break. (~2013)
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby SIFTER » Mon May 19, 2014 7:40 am

I was a youtube fag for a year or so. I started communicating with other youtube fags and all they did was giving me a pat on the back for making better animations than theirs eventhough mine sucked, but I felt like that's not how it should be, so I kept looking for a way to know my true self. I discovered DD thanks to the DDC, visited the forum, readed some posts and i felt like I wasn't gonna be welcomed there because of my animating level, so I went to another place where it'd be more convenient for me which was PA. I kept myself there and became a part of the community. After about a year, I went to the anonymous section to know my "true self" and get to know my real level which is why I joined from the 1st place. After I saw that people actualy like my animations, I safely joined.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Lord » Mon May 19, 2014 11:40 am

started animating in... '09 I think. All I wanted to animate was Nazi zombies.

lurked around youtube for a while. I watched animations I thought were good at the time and tried to make my animations like them.
I heard of animators called Oblivionfall and Hbomb.

2010 now. I went on Droidz for gun sticks. I got redirected to Darkdemon but was too shy to join.

I took a 2 year break and decided to come back to animating. Now I found the confidence to join Darkdemon, and I've been here ever since.

the end. (cheesy grin
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Omega » Mon May 19, 2014 11:46 am

When i started pivot i ended up finding about Dark Demon Collabs in youtube, after a while i realized DarkDemon was a forum, so i decided to check it out. I wasnt really interested in joining cuz i didnt know what to do and shit so i ignored it, after a while i decided to join. Probably in 2005 was when i joined DD. And now again in 2014 i join this one.
OmegaOffline
Hymen Bustah
VIP

Postby Phewz » Mon May 19, 2014 11:58 am

was shown pivot in 2005, found the DDCs in 2007 and joined PA around the same time after a friend showed it to me, lurked on DD for a few months because i was honestly a bit intimidated
finally ended up joining early 2008 because someone bugged me into doing so, saying it was better than PA and me being a PA-fag i didn't believe him at first
ended up spending way more time on dd than pa, although i was staff on both at some point in time ;DDDDD
^ art thread, updated 18/01 ^
fasbook page | picfarto | dumblr | twatter
PhewzOffline
ヽ(’ ▽’ )ノ
Retired

Postby Waters » Tue May 20, 2014 12:11 am

Youtube > StickPage Portal > DD > WTFT > FA/Stickpage > Shuniu > TDD

I joined because I wanted to git gud at pivot and just stayed for the cool people on those sites.

Except Stickpage, Stickpage is stupid and so are the people on it now.
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Next

Return to General Talk