Elliot Rodgers

Have a natter here with other users!

Elliot Rodgers

Postby Behemoth » Fri May 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Bringing some depressing subjects here, lets talk about the recent events with Elliot Rodgers.
I wasn't exactly sure where to put this but since its most likely going to be a temporary issue, I think General Talk will be fine.

So if any of you are unaware, on May 23, a college student by the name Elliot Rodgers shot two females and one male and stabbed three males. He made a video before the murders and suicide. Personally I haven't watched it but according to his manifesto he mainly talked about his loneliness, about how no one wanted to be his friend (according to many, he rebuffed their attempts of befriending him, about how no girl likes him, etc. (There's most likely more, but I'm lazy.) According to both his manifesto and parents, he was bullied in high school and his only friend stopped being friend with him. He suffered from high functioning autism. According to events in July 20, 2013, an incident occurred where at a party, he tried to push a girl over a ledge but was pushed down and beaten up. After leaving some stuff at the party, he came back to retrieve but was beaten up again. He also threw coffee at some people for not paying attention to him. Oh, and he was not only a misogynist, but also a racist. Here some of his quotes:
Spoiler:
How could an inferior, ugly black boy be able to get a white girl and not me? I am beautiful, and I am half white myself. I am descended from British aristocracy. He is descended from slaves.

Spoiler:
Full Asian men are disgustingly ugly and white girls would never go for you. You're just butthurt that you were born as an asian piece of shit, so you lash out by linking these fake pictures. You even admit that you wish you were half white. You'll never be half-white and you'll never fulfill your dream of marrying a white woman. I suggest you jump off a bridge.

This is a basic summary of what I've heard so far, you'll most likely find more specific detail online.
So yeah. Discuss and stuff. And lets try to keep this discussion somewhat serious.
Last edited by Behemoth on Sat May 31, 2014 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
BehemothOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: Elliot Rodgers

Postby Josh » Fri May 30, 2014 7:09 pm

phpBB [video]

Video for anyone that is interested.

You could really tell that the guy was autistic from the video, simply because his views of the world are so fucked up. He seemed to think that he was the alpha male of all society. I'm not going to bother reading his manifesto, because I'm not going to read about some fucknut's life for 150 pages, but just from watching the video you can see that he's completely messed up in the head. Complete nutjob.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby kellawgs » Fri May 30, 2014 7:30 pm

Elliot Rodgers is my hero 4ever
frogs settle into the night
kellawgsOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby tenks » Sat May 31, 2014 10:23 am

Can't dodge the rodge

There is nothing to discuss really.

Dude was fucked up, spoke up what most of his breed couldn't, any femnazi who's on his ass as soon as this got in the news is just as bad as him.
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Postby Jon » Sat May 31, 2014 10:53 am

I got into a massive argument with these girls I know. They blatantly stated it was an attack of misogyny, and purely against women only. Being a le *tipping fedora* meme lord, MRA, Atheist I am, (not really), I had to argue.

The guy was mentally ill, he suffered from aspergers and was not taking his medication.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Phewz » Sat May 31, 2014 2:47 pm

A true fedorian if there ever was one.

Annoys the shit out of me though how there are extremists from both sides on this one. The people who are shouting all men are monsters and the people shouting that "THIS IS WHY YUO SHOULDNT FRIENDZONE THE NICE GUYS!!!1" are equally fucking dumb. There are even people blaming this entirely on his asperger's and making a point that /all/ people with pervasive developmental disorders need to be placed under watch which shits me because as someone with a PDD myself, I certainly don't feel the urge to shoot up a sorority house because I can't git da p00se. This guy just wasn't fucking sane, whichever way you look at it.

fuck you elliot rodger you've gone and given the dumb people on the internet a reason to voice their dumb opinions i hope you're happy
^ art thread, updated 18/01 ^
fasbook page | picfarto | dumblr | twatter
PhewzOffline
ヽ(’ ▽’ )ノ
Retired

Postby Behemoth » Sat May 31, 2014 8:23 pm

tenks wrote:Can't dodge the rodge

There is nothing to discuss really.

Dude was fucked up, spoke up what most of his breed couldn't, any femnazi who's on his ass as soon as this got in the news is just as bad as him.

Pardon for asking, but what do you mean by his breed?
Phewz wrote:A true fedorian if there ever was one.

Annoys the shit out of me though how there are extremists from both sides on this one. The people who are shouting all men are monsters and the people shouting that "THIS IS WHY YUO SHOULDNT FRIENDZONE THE NICE GUYS!!!1" are equally fucking dumb. There are even people blaming this entirely on his asperger's and making a point that /all/ people with pervasive developmental disorders need to be placed under watch which shits me because as someone with a PDD myself, I certainly don't feel the urge to shoot up a sorority house because I can't git da p00se. This guy just wasn't fucking sane, whichever way you look at it.

fuck you elliot rodger you've gone and given the dumb people on the internet a reason to voice their dumb opinions i hope you're happy

I think it was a combination of a lot of things (being bullied, mental problems, etc.) but the whole "being a virgin and feel entitled to get a girlfriend" thing kind of triggered it.
BehemothOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Jojishi » Sat May 31, 2014 8:44 pm

Phewz wrote:There are even people blaming this entirely on his asperger's and making a point that /all/ people with pervasive developmental disorders need to be placed under watch which shits me because as someone with a PDD myself, I certainly don't feel the urge to shoot up a sorority house because I can't git da p00se. This guy just wasn't fucking sane, whichever way you look at it.

Thank you for saying this. Having a developmental disorder is no excuse for what this guy did. He was severely messed up and didn't get any help. It's really that simple. Oh, and maybe instead of blaming it on asperger's, gun laws should be brought into question? He still stabbed some people with a knife, but if he didn't have access to a gun some lives definitely could have been saved.

The answer isn't to stigmatize mental disorders or illnesses, and just load these guys up on pills and hope everything will be okay. If he just had one friend, or one person that made him see the error in being so hateful about everyone, or maybe if he didn't get access to a gun... things could have turned out very differently. I guess it's easier for some people to just blame it on something convenient.

Behemoth wrote:I think it was a combination of a lot of things (being bullied, mental problems, etc.) but the whole "being a virgin and feel entitled to get a girlfriend" thing kind of triggered it.

Our highly sexualised society is partly to blame in this instance. Way too much importance is placed on losing your virginity, especially for young men. Too many people think it's the be all and end all if you never get laid. It's extremely overrated. Still, how this guy reacted about it all was incredibly ridiculous.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Alca » Sat May 31, 2014 9:15 pm

Regarding gun laws, I don't think guns are the main issue. But certainly, if this guy was acting suspiciously and people had concerns about him, he should definitely not have access to any weapons of any kind. I don't see anything wrong with people owning a gun but there might be a need for stricter checks. Still, the main issue is what actually drove this guy to commit the murders, so maybe it can be prevented in the future, the tool he used to carry out the murder is somewhat irrelevant. This kid was certainly aware of what he was doing though, it's stupid to put this down to asperger's or some kind of developmental disorder.

Society is also a large factor though, as Jojishi stated. This seems to be a problem in a lot of cultures with young men being under so much pressure to lose their virginity. This guy was way too over-dramatic, but there's still something seriously wrong with society's mindset.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Jon » Sat May 31, 2014 9:36 pm

Guns definitely are not an issue, considering he stabbed some, and hit one with his car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOfuVQC29s8

This video sums up everything for me perfectly.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Jojishi » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:19 am

This may offer some insight into what people like Elliot Rodgers go through.

http://morganguyton.us/2014/05/26/i-cou ... ot-rodger/
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Gage » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:19 am

I find it weird that people have paid more attention to this than Cho's High-Score when that happened
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Shad Shadson » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:29 am

Jojishi wrote:This may offer some insight into what people like Elliot Rodgers go through.

http://morganguyton.us/2014/05/26/i-cou ... ot-rodger/

This is such a fucking... MORONIC way to look at the situation. I'm not even trying to berate you for linking it or anything, but this is just dumb. I don't know how to put it any better. The dude was a fucking insane misogynist who happened to be a narcissist who happened to have mental disease.

I've lived a life similar to Elliot's. I've been bullied, have not had sex (and have friends in the same boat) and have a younger sister who has a better social and sex life then me. I'm not much younger then him, either. NEVER have I whined about 'bleak and sad loneliness' or moped about not having sex. I don't feel 'pressured' into losing my virginity or whatever bullshit you guys are on about. He thinks women should flock to him. He's a fucking moron who happened to shoot people up. Let's not blame this on 'societal pressures' or on 'bullying' or on 'LOLFRIENDZONE' bullshit, please. Anyone who blames their bullshit on anything but them needs to take a look in the fucking mirror.

Yeah sure, I have friends, but he had friends too. Maybe he had 'less' friends then I did, but that's probably not true because I can count the number of people I consider friends on my two hands. Maybe he could only count his on one, but who cares because friends are friends. I rarely if ever talk to my friends about my private life (it's not their business and I'd rather handle it myself) So it has nothing to do with friends either.

Whenever I watched Elliot Rodger's OTHER videos (not the big bad "Retribution" video ), I'm kind of flabbergasted. "After puberty your life either becomes heaven on earth or a living hell". Are you fucking serious? I don't know whether to chuckle in a 'that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard' sort of way or just nod my head. "Stupid obnoxious guys get women and I don't whaaa". The sky's blue. More obvious news at 11. Newsflash WANKSTAIN, life isn't fair. He seems to think it should be though because he's always been handed everything otherwise. He also had double standard bullshit that the people that whine about this have. They want pretty attractive girls when said girls are not attracted to them. Generally, it doesn't fucking work like that. Plus, if you only care about sex, you're no better then the people you're whining about. Reality bites, I know.

He was an insane narcissist misogynist who happened to have a mental disability who was an entitled cunt given EVERYTHING who took shit WAY too seriously and took it WAY too far. Now people are looking to blame society or women or men or bullying. Get your heads out of your asses and give your head a shake, fuck sake.

It's never been the cards you've been dealt, it's how you played them. He played his pretty fucking badly.

TL;DR: I agree with Phewz he's right you're all fucking wrong. ESPECIALLY the people that say 'I COULD HAVE BEEN HIM LOL' or sympathize with this fucking twat. Fuck those people holy fuck if I knew those people I'd check to see if they're still awake.

Also, This video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxe1Sdc-pJE
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby Jon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:32 am

For a second Shad, I thought you quoted me and I was just sitting here like, "dude did you watch the video?"
I agree with what you've said, but it is definitely not a purely misogynistic attack. The dude was fucked up.

Thanks for sharing that video Shad.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Return to General Talk