Stick Nodes - Mobile animation app! (BETA is released)

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: Announcing Stick Nodes - Mobile animation app!

Postby peterbone » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:42 am

This looks good. Nice work. I guess it's mainly targeted at tablet devices as it would be difficult on anything smaller. I plan to add tweening to Pivot in V5, but it would be a bit more customisable as you would be able to specify the number of tween frames for each frame in the timeline instead of just turning tweening on or off. It looks like it can only export as gif at the moment, so adding sound would be pointless at the moment. Do you have plans to add export as a video?
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby tenks » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:09 am

peterbone wrote:I plan to add tweening to Pivot in V5

phpBB [video]
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Postby Mitch » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:10 am

peterbone wrote:I plan to add tweening to Pivot in V5

Then there are those days I just wanna do blow and kill my family.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby tuna » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:19 am

I can't tell if these are positive or negative reactions.
It's almost like adding tweening will make animating too easy. We'd really have to step up the ranks. +Beginners would start being pretentious and thinking they're pros because they can select a box.
On the other hand, tweening would be so hench to use.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Jon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:21 am

Tuna wrote:I can't tell if these are positive or negative reactions.
It's almost like adding tweening will make animating too easy. We'd really have to step up the ranks. +Beginners would start being pretentious and thinking they're pros because they can select a box.
On the other hand, tweening would be so hench to use.

It's a negative reaction, for the reasons you stated. Way too easy to animate with tweening
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby SIFTER » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:50 am

I can already imagine the mayhem in the animation section when Piv5 comes out lol.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby kellawgs » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:03 am

What the fuck? Negative reactions over tweening being too good? I hope none of you are serious. You do realize that it would still take some decent experience and knowledge to make good animations in Pivot even with tweening? It would just put a heavier emphasis and importance on poses, which a lot of you are terrible at. Me included lollolo. This is a tool to make animations, the world of animation does not revolve around ranks, and even then I assure you that ranks will adjust accordingly regardless.

Maybe you're all just forgetting that it is an optional tool and that you do not have to use it for every movement. Tweening would be hugely helpful, all it fucking does is do a little bit of the tedious work that doesn't exhibit any skill at all for us.
frogs settle into the night
kellawgsOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby tuna » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:19 am

Yeah, but part of making animations is knowing that you put in the effort and the satisfaction of getting something out of it.
Of course, you don't HAVE to use it though.
And it'd be pretty cool to try out as an experiment.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Anton » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:22 am

It needs a debate thread about tweening.
Okay, let's continue this in the debate section.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Lord » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:00 pm

Would this work for my Samsung galaxy 3?
And welcome back to the forums by the way.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby kellawgs » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Tuna wrote:Yeah, but part of making animations is knowing that you put in the effort and the satisfaction of getting something out of it.
Of course, you don't HAVE to use it though.
And it'd be pretty cool to try out as an experiment.

If you think that with the use of the program automatically filling in your inbetweens, your animations are going to even really change hardly at all, you are probably wrong. A slightly tedious and unnecessary aspect of animating in Pivot will be gone. Using the tool right, you won't even be able to tell it's there.

You will still have to put forth serious effort to get an impressive and highly enjoyable animation out of Pivot, and like I said before the rankings will adjust accordingly. In no way will anybody become better at animating due to a tween feature.
frogs settle into the night
kellawgsOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby SIFTER » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:09 pm

Guys, the devolopping of the program hasn't even started and you're making Peter regret his words. How would he make Pivot better if we keep it like this? Besides, all skeletal animators have tween as a feature but Pivot. And the way he'd put it in won't affect the interface of the program in any possible way. If you have any complaint from this point, just keep it to yourself, or type it in a note pad and pretend that you've posted a reply then delete that .txt file. Please keep it up, Peter!
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Jon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:06 pm

How in all fucks do you know if Peter is regretting his words? He became apart of this community to reveal his ideas on changes to pivot, and to get opinions on it.
Sifter, that is the stupidest fucking response I've seen. People are allowed to disagree with people, conflicting opinions and disagreements to some changes are what help things grow properly.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby peterbone » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:50 am

I regret nothing. You'll be able to animate exactly the same way you do currently, with the added option of tweening if you want (Repeat frame will simply be replaced with tween frame). Showing your piv files to others will prove that you didn't use tweening. Even the best animators don't animate at 30fps because it just takes too long. So animate at 15fps and add one tween between each frame. One tween won't change the movements of the figures much but will make it a lot smoother. The negative reaction is the same as there was when sprites were introduced. No-one has a problem with that now because you can simply not use them. On the other hand, many people are now using sprites in new and innovative ways.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Gage » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:57 am

Saying tweening is bad in pivot is just like saying it's bad in any 3D program
GageOffline
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk