Future Pivot feature suggestions (e.g. bendy lines)

Have a natter here with other users!

Re: Future Pivot feature suggestions (e.g. bendy lines)

Postby Coweetie » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:58 am

sorry about it :)
I might be just much more lazy than others (cheesygrin
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Waters » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Hell I'd love a huge help file.
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Postby Coweetie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:30 am

just a little weird thing,

when loading a sprite with the same name as a figure has (for example figure1) it loads the figure instead of the sprite.
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Mat » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:18 am

Coweetie wrote:just a little weird thing,

when loading a sprite with the same name as a figure has (for example figure1) it loads the figure instead of the sprite.

Name the sprite something else. It's not weird, it just can't differentiate between two different objects if they use the same name when loaded.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby peterbone » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:47 pm

Mat wrote:
Coweetie wrote:just a little weird thing,

Name the sprite something else. It's not weird, it just can't differentiate between two different objects if they use the same name when loaded.

Yeah, figures are identified by their name, so it's making sure you don't have a name conflict or loading the same figure twice.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Daniël » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Hey, Peter, I was wondering if maybe you could add an option that allows you to switch between the current stick figure library and a text-based library, preferable one that allows me to order them alphabetically. Would be incredibly convenient for people like me, who like to organize everything and want to have a good overview on things.

Also, an option that would allow you to select a figure, just by clicking on it. I often have the problem that I want to select a figure in my background, but have to scroll through a ton of other figures before reaching the one I need (and also moving each one individually with arrow keys, to check if I selected the figure I need). It gets really frustrating after a while, especially when you just want to edit the color or something.

Also, polyfill, Peter, please.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby tuna » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:04 pm

hey you know what would be really useful
if autosize didn't make the nodes small when next to a static node (bearing in mind i've got autosize off in this screencap as well)
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Then please make also an option that allows you to set the same size for all joints.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Caleb » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:17 am

Perhaps just a dot scaling option in the stickfigure maker. I like the difference in size of joints, but sometimes it's really just in the wrong place.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby peterbone » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:56 am

Daniël wrote:Hey, Peter, I was wondering if maybe you could add an option that allows you to switch between the current stick figure library and a text-based library, preferable one that allows me to order them alphabetically. Would be incredibly convenient for people like me, who like to organize everything and want to have a good overview on things.

Also, an option that would allow you to select a figure, just by clicking on it. I often have the problem that I want to select a figure in my background, but have to scroll through a ton of other figures before reaching the one I need (and also moving each one individually with arrow keys, to check if I selected the figure I need). It gets really frustrating after a while, especially when you just want to edit the color or something.

Also, polyfill, Peter, please.

What would be the advantage of a text based figure selector compared to the current one? Surely it's easier to find what you want quickly with the current selector. I may add sorting options though.

You can select a figure just by clicking on it, so I'm not sure what you mean. Perhaps you mean by clicking anywhere on it instead of just a handle. However, I think this could make it harder to select the right thing and would also be slower when you have a lot of figures. It would also make it more difficult to drag a selection box when the background is full of figures. Have you tried using Ctrl+H to show only origin handles? It can help when you have a lot of figures.

Tuna wrote:hey you know what would be really useful
if autosize didn't make the nodes small when next to a static node (bearing in mind i've got autosize off in this screencap as well)

I've thought about doing that, but it gets a bit complex. What if the static segment is very short? Then the handle should get smaller still. The code only checks neighbouring segments of the handle - I don't want it to have to check further away as it would slow it down.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Daniël » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:36 am

To answer your first question, here are some examples:
ImageImage
As you might be able to tell, the figures themselves aren't quite as representative as the figure names (which would have been more obvious if you were able to see the full figure name) as I kind of categorize them really well. For each scene I just create the figures I need there and it'd be much easier to find the figures I need if I was able to search them by name.

For you second question, here's a background I made.
I gave every figure one origin and removed all things beyond that. This way it's much easier for me to move parts of the background around and send them to the center easily. It also helps me know where the place the figures without having to check their places again after it has left the figure builder.
The bad part however is that I'm never able to see what figure I've selected, meaning I have to either move every figure until I stumble upon the right one or check the color for each figure. Which takes a lot of time.

Hope this clears things up.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Царица Луна » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:46 pm

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but is it possible to make it so that you could move the 'camera'? It would be far more convenient to animate something involving camera movement if you could have the option to have all the .stks in the animation in place and just have the camera move instead of having the camera in place and move all the .stks around it.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby Daniël » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Krovavaya Luna wrote:Not sure if this has been suggested before, but is it possible to make it so that you could move the 'camera'? It would be far more convenient to animate something involving camera movement if you could have the option to have all the .stks in the animation in place and just have the camera move instead of having the camera in place and move all the .stks around it.

You do realize you can just add camera movements afterwards by pressing Ctrl+A and just moving all figures at once?
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Царица Луна » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:33 pm

Daniël wrote:
Krovavaya Luna wrote:Not sure if this has been suggested before, but is it possible to make it so that you could move the 'camera'? It would be far more convenient to animate something involving camera movement if you could have the option to have all the .stks in the animation in place and just have the camera move instead of having the camera in place and move all the .stks around it.

You do realize you can just add camera movements afterwards by pressing Ctrl+A and just moving all figures at once?

Yes I know. I suppose it wouldn't be a necessary feature but it would still be more convenient if the camera could be moved directly.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby Cheese » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Daniël wrote:

It would make movements easier during heavy camera movements
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk