Behind the scenes info is in the SPOILER.
Of course, I did use After Effects to spruce it up. I exported the layers (text, props, doors, and backgrounds) separately as image sequences, and added some basic effects like drop shadows, stroke, and ambient wiggling motion to make it feel more dynamic (I also used After Effects to add in the game footage at this stage).
This I accomplished all without a graphics card, which meant I was unable to preview the video during the editing stages (not without lagging my computer to death, anyway). I had no idea if the final product would look good until after I rendered it, but it turned out pretty well!
I will admit that the animated segment is severely lacking, mostly due to the over-abundance of tweens. I was on a tight schedule, though. I started this segment only four days before the deadline, and that includes the time I spent creating the rigs. Considering that, I'd still call it a success, just not anything noteworthy of accomplishment.