Father Beats Rapist

Post your media interests here.

Re: Father Beats Rapist

Postby Mat » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:54 am

MCToast wrote:He had it coming, but it was still against the law to beat him up. I understand protecting your son is ok, but beating someone is not.

I do have to agree with this statement. The law is the law. The dad shouldn't have been let off the hook. There's a difference between fighting to protect someone and beating someone half to death.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Skype » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:16 am

Wait 30 years until you have a child (lets hope not anyway) and you catch someone sexually abusing them- then we'll see if you keep the same tune :)
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby MCToast » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:09 am

What I would feel and do when I saw my child been molested isn't the same what law would allow.

You can't commit a crime just because someone did another, beating up someone into mash isn't the same as protecting someone.

Also that's a pretty hurtful comment.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby tuna » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:17 am

you have to empathise with the father more. he's just found out his son's been raped for the past 3 years. they're not going to put him in jail after that.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Mat » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:24 am

Skype wrote:Wait 30 years until you have a child (lets hope not anyway) and you catch someone sexually abusing them- then we'll see if you keep the same tune :)

I'd probably do the same thing, however the law should not be biased and I should still have consequences for my actions if I were to do so.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Raymond » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:59 pm

MCToast wrote:What I would feel and do when I saw my child been molested isn't the same what law would allow.

You can't commit a crime just because someone did another, beating up someone into mash isn't the same as protecting someone.

Also that's a pretty hurtful comment.

What would you do then? Tell him to kindly pull his dick out of your son's ass, and then leave immediately? If anything the kid probably got aggressive first because he knew how the dad would feel. I don't blame the dad one bit for beating him. Although when you see the 18 year old in the video it's depressing because the dad really went to town on that guy, when he may of just had some serious mental issues. I wonder what the 12 year old kid had to say about all of it.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby MCToast » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:04 pm

What Mat said.

Apply eyes for reading.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Jon » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:37 pm

The cunt would be lying dead with his face unrecognisable, regardless of any laws, if that had been my son, or daughter, or any relation to me whatsoever.
He wasn't breaking the law, they stated that he acted accordingly to protect his son. So maybe you should apply eyes for reading, McToast.
If he had killed him, that's a different story. But he had the sense to stop and call the police. I'd happily take jail time killing him though.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Alca » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:53 pm

MCToast wrote:He had it coming, but it was still against the law to beat him up. I understand protecting your son is ok, but beating someone is not.

Depends. In Texas there's a law that states that deadly force is authorized and justified in order to stop a sexual assault. Laws obviously vary in different states. I'm not sure what the penal code for Daytona is, but it might have still been within the law. The judge ruled that as the father walked in while the crime was being committed, he was acting to defend his child. Either way, the arrest and charges are at the discretion of the local police and DA. He wasn't charged, therefore his actions probably weren't deemed to be breaking any laws.

He might of really gone to town on him, but he didn't leave any permanent damage, for which the rapist should be thankful. The majority of fathers wouldn't have shown such restraint.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Cressel » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Mat wrote:

I do have to agree with this statement. The law is the law. The dad shouldn't have been let off the hook. There's a difference between fighting to protect someone and beating someone half to death.

And this is where law starts getting a little bit twisted and confusing. I feel like context is super important, things like people defending themselves is pretty important in this kind of things. In my opinion the dad beating the shit out of the rapist should not be taken out of context. Yes he beat him up but that person was abusing of his child. If he had murdered the rapist my opinion would differ but he didn't so there's that.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Mat » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:29 pm

Cressel wrote:
Mat wrote:

And this is where law starts getting a little bit twisted and confusing. I feel like context is super important, things like people defending themselves is pretty important in this kind of things. In my opinion the dad beating the shit out of the rapist should not be taken out of context. Yes he beat him up but that person was abusing of his child. If he had murdered the rapist my opinion would differ but he didn't so there's that.

I'm not in anyway saying I agree with the law, however it was still assault. There were other ways that it could have been handled, despite how hard it may be. If I were in the situation I would probably do the same thing the father did, or worse, however if I were to do so I should still receive charges for the crime committed. My sympathy fully lies with the son and his father, and I have no sympathy for the rapist, however the fact that the father did break the law should not be overlooked. Even if the consequence were minimal, it should still be there.

tl;dr The father was in the wrong for the right reasons, but still in the wrong.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Cressel » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:44 pm

Mat wrote:I'm not in anyway saying I agree with the law, however it was still assault. There were other ways that it could have been handled, despite how hard it may be.
Yeah I understand that completely and I see your point. The law should just punish the act for what it was, disregarding the reason he did it for, an assault is an assault. Which is why I was saying I just personally feel the law should look at the context of the situation. I personally feel the dad should not be punished for it, but that's just personal opinions.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby MCToast » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:47 am

Jon wrote:I'd happily take jail time killing him though.

This is one of the reason he should of been punished.

You mash a chair on the back of the rapist's head and go to jail, your son has no one to talk about this except some random psychiatrist. Son might be taken to custody to some horrible family or he might just kill himself due to this event and not having a father to talk him out of it.

As Mat said assault is an assault, it should protect everyone, even rapists. Accidents and misunderstandings have happened quite often too.

He didn't act accordingly to laws, that's why I am complaining.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Skype » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:48 am

ITT: kids assuming they know how they'll react upon finding a man molesting their children, without actually experiencing fatherhood.
emmastonewhywontyouloveme
SkypeOffline
Retired

Postby Jon » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:13 am

I empathise with how I know my father would act, considering him and I are almost exactly the same. Physically and mentally, obviously there are a few differences.
I assume you're not addressing me with that though Skype, because I think what I would do, is what a lot of people would do.

Hell, even if I caught someone raping one of the kids I teach, I'd beat the guy half to death.

He did not act against the law, you can protect yourself and your family when someone invades your home, and he was protecting his son from being raped. No charges are needed.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to Media