DragonBall!

Post your media interests here.

DragonBall!

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Lets talk about DBZ. Any of the series. Which was your favorite? When did you start watching it? When did you become a fan?

I wasn't old enough to catch dbz when it was first on tv. I only got DragonBallGT And the re-runs of DBZ on Nicktoons and that's when I started to kind of like it.

One thing I like to do is have conversations about it and really get deep into the storyline and think about things most people just oversee. Its pretty fun for me I guess.
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Re: DragonBall!

Postby Gage » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Yeah! Cool thread dood, wow this is neat!
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Raymond » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:52 pm

This thread makes me think of this.

phpBB [video]
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Jojishi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Have you only watched DBZ Kai, or the Funimation dub of DBZ? If you have only seen DBZ Kai please give DBZ Funimation a go. It's the version that DBZ is most well known for and the soundtrack is amazing.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Jojishi wrote:Have you only watched DBZ Kai, or the Funimation dub of DBZ? If you have only seen DBZ Kai please give DBZ Funimation a go. It's the version that DBZ is most well known for and the soundtrack is amazing.

Later on I realized that dbz kai wasn't a "new series" like how Nicktoons had said. So I finished the sayain saga on youtube and found a website that had all Funimation dub of DBZ. So I watched the rest of it from there.

Also, I started animating dbz after I saw your dbz series. How's the last one coming along if it is at all?

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby Jon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:00 pm

I watched it when it was first aired on cheese tv over in Australia. Fucking awesome.
Actually just started rewatching it a few days ago. It always makes me want to hit the gym and get ripped, especially when Goku's on his way to Namek and doing all that crazy gravity training.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Cheese » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:11 pm

Jon wrote:cheese tv

I have a TV show? (wink

I havent seen much DBZ, and all i had on my channels was DBZ Kai.
It was a very last resort show for me, I hadnt enjoyed it much but my friend was a big fan of it.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Firecracker » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:15 pm

I second what Jon said. When i need inspiration to work out i always watch that scene where Vegeta trains in 300 times gravity, and ends up blowing Bulma's whole damn ship due to the intensity. And I if i remember correctly, there's another scene where he's training on the moon? And he's timing meteorites an shit, damn Vegeta was a beast.
"A stickfigure doing a walk is far better than some spiky-haired fuckwit blurring across the screen in a two or three-frame run."

~ Waffles Mgee
FirecrackerOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Jojishi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:23 pm

Ray wrote:Also, I started animating dbz after I saw your dbz series. How's the last one coming along if it is at all?

I still haven't started animating it. The story's planned out but I needed a massive break from it. I'll start animating it once the DDC12 is released.

AbsolutelyCheese wrote:all i had on my channels was DBZ Kai.
It was a very last resort show for me, I hadnt enjoyed it much

As I said to Ray, the Funimation dub is much better so if you can get your hands on it, it's totally worth checking out.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Firecracker wrote:I second what Jon said. When i need inspiration to work out i always watch that scene where Vegeta trains in 300 times gravity, and ends up blowing Bulma's whole damn ship due to the intensity. And I if i remember correctly, there's another scene where he's training on the moon? And he's timing meteorites an shit, damn Vegeta was a beast.

I do admire Vegeta's determination. But who still ended up being stronger? Goku.If you ask me, its because Vegeta trained for all the wrong reasons. He was trying to be the most powerful in the world. And most of his fire came from jealousy of Goku (and at that time Trunks who he saw turn super saiyan) and it limited his power.Goku on the other hand, trained to challenge himself because of his love for the thrill of battle. Goku's mindset was more open than Vegeta's and in the end it really showed.

E: I just realised this has nothing to do with what you meant so I apologize for not reading xD

My favorite character from DBZ Kai is teen Gohan around the time he went SSJ2 And whooped cell's ass twice.

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby Gage » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:42 pm

AbsolutelyCheese wrote:

I have a TV show? (wink

Shut the fuck up.

DragonBall Z Kai is just a censored version of DragonBall Z and it really, really, really, really made the show go to shit, at least from what I have seen. I highly recommend watching the actual DragonBall Z anime if you want to be entertained.

Also shouldn't this not even be a thread? These discussions should belong here, viewtopic.php?f=30&t=84&start=480
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:51 pm

Nah, I figured to make it so that it could be DBZ Specific. Pokemon has its own thread afterall so I thought it was appropriate.

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby Gage » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:54 pm

Ray wrote:Nah, I figured to make it so that it could be DBZ Specific. Pokemon has its own thread afterall so I thought it was appropriate.

The pokemon thread is about the games, not the anime lol
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Kev » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:55 pm

DragonCheesecake wrote:
AbsolutelyCheese wrote:

I have a TV show? (wink

Shut the fuck up.

DragonBall Z Kai is just a censored version of DragonBall Z and it really, really, really, really made the show go to shit, at least from what I have seen. I highly recommend watching the actual DragonBall Z anime if you want to be entertained.

Also shouldn't this not even be a thread? These discussions should belong here, viewtopic.php?f=30&t=84&start=480

i dont think its a big deal cuz thats just a general animoo thread anyway
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:56 pm

Oooohhhh. Well speaking of dbz games. I only ever had Budokai Tenkaichi 2. I wanted a lot more but was never able to try them out

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Next

Return to Media