Postby Franklin » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:31 pm

HypeMaster wrote:Is it now? (really

Yeah, it kinda is.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Movies

Postby Stickid » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:41 am

Rewatched Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1978 with a friend and it just affirmed what an effective film it is.
It's so unsettling everytime I watch it, love it.

Am I too late to climb aboard the Avengers hate-train?
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby Daniël » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:27 am

Well, you could be the first to say what's actually wrong with the movie, instead of being a McToast and stating opinions without anything to back it up.

The only thing that disappointed me about Avengers was the lack of an after-credits scene.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Amir » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:52 pm

I'm pretty sure MCToast hasn't even seen the movie, maybe he has idk. I actually loved the movie! The fights, effects and CGI were top notch, the plot was okay, like I thought, I enjoyed it. It's a fun movie. I liked the Vision a lot too. There is one thing I didn't like but I don't wanna spoil anything. Anyway, Iron man is very overpowered.
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby Daniël » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:30 pm

You can just use spoiler-tags for the spoiling thoughts, man.

I didn't really like the Vision, to be honest. I'm actually pretty disappointed he's gonna be in the next Avengers.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Lord » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Just came back from watching the Avengers.
I loved it, I think Ultron is a rather complicated character, I love that about him.

One other thing I loved is
Spoiler:
all the references to GotG. The Infinity Stones, also the music in the movie sounds remarkably similar to that in GotG.

Another thing is
Spoiler:
near the end of the film, where Vision and Ultron just have a quiet moment, for Ultron to recognise his defeat. I love it when movies do that

But one thing I didn't like was
Spoiler:
the Vision, as Daniel said already. He just seems so... perfect, I feel he's a character nobody really wanted. Feels very angelic and flawless to me.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Four » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:49 am

Ultron was just a great character. Also Johannesburg was in the movie, which is nice.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:04 pm

ex machina was really unsettling. made me uncomfortable the whole way through

still a well-done movie
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby socks » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Cowboy Memebop wrote:ex machina was really unsettling. made me uncomfortable the whole way through

still a well-done movie

would you recommend it? It looked pretty interesting.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:13 pm

definitely. one of the better movies i've seen recently
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Jojishi » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:23 pm

I saw Age of Ultron last week and it was disappointing. There was so much wasted potential. There were too many jokes when moments should have been serious and lots of the jokes fell flat, some were great. Ultron was treated like a joke in places which made him feel like less of a threat. He had access to launch codes for nukes and yet it never felt like the world was in danger because they never showed news reports, people screaming in the streets, the government talking etc. to make it feel like a global threat. There was a shoe-horned romance which definitely didn't need to be in the film. Tony Stark should have been way more remorseful and there was only one scene where Rogers and Stark have some tension. This needed to be delved in further to set it up for Civil War perfectly, instead, they're all friends at the end and you feel like nothing's changed except for a few new additions to the Avengers team.

Joss Whedon's history of TV writing really shows through here due to the huge lack of consequence. This movie needed that, not like the first which was a fun even film which could rely on it's ensemble to draw viewers. This movie is complete filler. It feels like a waste of time. Even the mid credits scene is disappointing.
Spoiler:
We get a ten second shot of Thanos who quite fittingly says in a tired manner, "I'll do it myself".
This movie gets too wrapped up in linking other things in the MCU and setting up for Infinity War, instead of making the most of what it is. As a result, we get movie after movie which "promises more" and we never get it.

Age of Ultron is a great action movie but definitely a let down in other departments. 7/10 for me.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Lord » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:25 am

Jojishi wrote:I saw Age of Ultron last week and it was disappointing. There was so much wasted potential. There were too many jokes when moments should have been serious and lots of the jokes fell flat, some were great. Ultron was treated like a joke in places which made him feel like less of a threat. He had access to launch codes for nukes and yet it never felt like the world was in danger because they never showed news reports, people screaming in the streets, the government talking etc. to make it feel like a global threat. There was a shoe-horned romance which definitely didn't need to be in the film. Tony Stark should have been way more remorseful and there was only one scene where Rogers and Stark have some tension. This needed to be delved in further to set it up for Civil War perfectly, instead, they're all friends at the end and you feel like nothing's changed except for a few new additions to the Avengers team.

Joss Whedon's history of TV writing really shows through here due to the huge lack of consequence. This movie needed that, not like the first which was a fun even film which could rely on it's ensemble to draw viewers. This movie is complete filler. It feels like a waste of time. Even the mid credits scene is disappointing.
Spoiler:
We get a ten second shot of Thanos who quite fittingly says in a tired manner, "I'll do it myself".
This movie gets too wrapped up in linking other things in the MCU and setting up for Infinity War, instead of making the most of what it is. As a result, we get movie after movie which "promises more" and we never get it.

Age of Ultron is a great action movie but definitely a let down in other departments. 7/10 for me.

Yuh, most of the things there I agreed on.
Still loved the movie though, though I'll be 18 when Infinity Wars is out...
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Peebles » Sat May 02, 2015 9:02 am

Cowboy Memebop wrote:ex machina was really unsettling. made me uncomfortable the whole way through

still a well-done movie

Agreed. It was pretty fantastic. The last couple minutes made me a little sour but all-in-all loved it.
2008-2015, 2019-
PeeblesOffline
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c

Postby Liteicon » Mon May 04, 2015 9:56 am

Do you guys know about "Kid Kulafu" ? That name came from Manny's nickname and was made a move titled desame on it recently. I guess it is subtitled on english, but I don't watch it yet
|| PIVOT THREAD || DEVIANTART || ART THREAD ||
I don't want life to imitate art, I want life to be art - Ernst Fischer
LiteiconOffline
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Media