Movies

Post your media interests here.

Re: Movies

Postby Daniël » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:28 am

Jurassic World was pretty fucking dope, not gonna lie.

I went to see Testament of Youth yesterday and Alicia Vikander just isn't hot enough to carry me through that boring piece of shit.

To be fair, it was actually a good movie when you look at it in a metacritic way, but it was entirely predictable and just very boring altogether. Felt like the story took just too long and should have been cut off halfway through.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Lord » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:03 am

Watched Shutter Island for the first time last night, ending sort of confused me so I had to look online for that, but I really... enjoyed it? I guess? Not sure if that's best word for it though. :)
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Four » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:28 am

Watched Kingsman, it was pretty good. I liked the head scene the most.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Lord » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:28 pm

Watched Insomnia on TV. Was very good.
Spoiler:
Weird seeing Robin Williams as a villain
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Daniël » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:42 am

I went to see Age of Adaline, just to see a pretty Blake Lively for an hour and a half, but I ended up really liking the movie. Honestly beat my expectations and is one of the few romantic movies I would suggest watching.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Stickid » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:18 pm

LordPivot wrote:Watched Insomnia on TV. Was very good.
Spoiler:
Weird seeing Robin Williams as a villain

watch One Hour Photo, underrated creepy Robin Williams movie
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby Lord » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:20 am

Watched Terminator Genisys. Was pretty cool, loved seeing Arnie back as the Terminator, probably the last time too. :(
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Kwabz » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:39 pm

San Andreas was the worst fucking movie I've seen in my entire life. It's like the writers were trying to put in as many clichés as possible (really
It basically turned into a comedy for me and my friends about 10 minutes in (cheesygrin
KwabzOffline

Postby Jojishi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:21 pm

It Follows is easily the best horror movie I've seen in a long time. I'd highly recommend checking it out. The suspense in it is done extremely well and it doesn't rely on gore or jump scares. It's got a very creepy, unsettling vibe the entire time. Real creepy.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Lord » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:20 pm

Seen Antman earlier, a very nice fun movie from Marvel. I was hoping for something more serious as I've never really went to watch a Marvel movie whilst being mindful of past movies and making links and so on. I stayed for the post-credits too. It was a good movie, smaller scale than Age of Ultron, thankfully. Less characters and a smaller plot. I'd give it a solid 7/10.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Daniël » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:58 am

I don't know when I last did a list of good movies I've seen recently, but here's some movies worth mentioning from the last few weeks:

La Isla Minima [7/10]: I really like Spanish movies, as they usually have a macabre ambiance you don't see in most American movies. I expected a few artsy movie, but it ended up being a very well-constructed detective.
Ant-Man [7/10]: One of the best Marvel movies I've seen recently, if not the best. Very funny, while still having somewhat of a decent plot (considering it's ANT-man). Also gives a peak in the post Age of Ultron universe, which is pretty cool as well.
Manhattan [8/10]: Beautiful Woody Allen movie that really gives you a good idea of 70's New York.
The Aviator [7/10]: Started and ended on a really good note, with some oddities about half-way through, but that's to be expected when you base something on a true story.
Dope [7/10]: For those who are into hip-hop or just looking at pretty California, I would definitely recommend this one. It's really hard to pin-point what makes this movie so good but take my word for it when I say it's worth going to the cinema for.
What We Do in the Shadows [8/10]: Fantastic comedy from New Zealand about vampires living in a modern-day society. I reckon it's the kind of humor not everyone will appreciate, but when you do, you'll fucking love it.
Sam Klemke's Time Machine [7/10]: I went to an open-air cinema a week ago. Great place that showcased some movies I would have otherwise never watched. This movie is about a guy who basically makes a video log, starting at the age of 19 till the age of 54. If you want to see something refreshing, definitely worth a watch and might even leave you with some things to ponder about.
Song of the Sea [9/10]: BEAUTIFULLY animated movie with a Celtic theme. The movie is very much a kids movie, but the beauty of the animation makes it worth a watch for anyone who can appreciate eye-candy.
Princess Mononoke [8/10]: If you're a Miyazaki appreciator, you can't miss this one.
Léon: the Professional [8/10]: Great movie, starring a (very) young Nathalie Portman. A perfect mixture of action, heartwarming and edginess.
Moneyball [8/10]: One of those movies based on a true story that's just too good to be true. I'm not into baseball, but this movie still managed to keep my attention throughout.

Unhonorable mentions:
Self/less [6/10]: The concept in itself was pretty cool, but I feel like they could have done so much more with it. Ended up being a very mediocre action-movie. Would have probably given it a lower score if it weren't for Ryan Reynolds.
Pixels [4/10]: I think everyone who's at least slightly a nerd at heart will not appreciate this movie. Whereas you'd think a movie about retro videogames would be aimed at people in their 40's, it feels like it was made for 12 year olds. The pacing was bad, it lacked logic (or common sense) from all sides and it was just way too unconvincing or plausible that these heroes were the most fit people for whatever they were trying to do. Peter Dinklage, Q*bert and a few laughs were the only redeeming factors in this movie.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby queen konami » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Tell me about Bane Why does He wear the Mask

hHaha who gets That referenec :)
queen konamiOffline

Postby TθPS » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:06 am

World War Z : Best zombie movie i've seen so far,all i dreaming with this movie is they make the sequel WWZII maybe?
Predestination: Most Fucked Up movie i've seen,how the f*ck u gonna explain that?
The Maze Runner : Good,i saw the sequel trailer,i think it's not gonna be in a maze anymore
TθPSOffline
­Tthetaops
­Tthetaops

Postby robotmayo » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:45 am

You need to watch more zombie movies.
robotmayoOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby TθPS » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:02 am

robotmayo wrote:You need to watch more zombie movies.

watched resident evil 1 - 5, REC 4

u can tell me some good zombie movies?
TθPSOffline
­Tthetaops
­Tthetaops

PreviousNext

Return to Media