New Channel

Post your media interests here.

Re: New Channel

Postby tuna » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:47 am

relaaaax, everyone gets a second chance. common sense could also say "post it in announcements, because you're announcing something". so it's not really about common sense, more like he didn't actually know better. and he did say "I don't know where to put this thread so can someone move it to the appropriate section please". calm your tits jon. don't have a rack attack. adjust your bust before it combusts. rest your breasts.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Josh » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:04 am

Jon wrote:How about, the media section?
Or MAYBE because it's purely a pivot channel, chuck it in Pivot Chat.
A bit of common sense wouldn't go astray.

He was announcing his YouTube channel in the announcements section. Don't throw your broccoli off your highchair.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Mat » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:17 am

Minifrij wrote:

He was announcing his YouTube channel in the announcements section. Don't throw your broccoli off your highchair.

As already stated, the announcement section is for forum related announcements, not personal announcements that have no major impact in regards to the site. No one is putting themselves up on a high chair. They're just enforcing the rules.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby tuna » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:21 am

yeah but he didn't need to lose his broccoli for the reasons you've ignored from my previous comment.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Mat » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:23 am

I read you're post, I didn't ignore any of it. I'm still with Jon on this
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby tuna » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:26 am

fair enough
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Josh » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:54 am

Mat wrote:As already stated, the announcement section is for forum related announcements, not personal announcements that have no major impact in regards to the site. No one is putting themselves up on a high chair. They're just enforcing the rules.

I'm not saying that what he did was wrong, this is where it should be. I'm commenting on the way that Jon was talking to him like he had a disability because he put it in a section that has the description of 'Announcements and updates'.

While it is under the Darkdemon heading, it isn't really displayed extremely clearly that it is TDD stuff only. By being under the heading Darkdemon, it does encompass the entirety of Darkdemon. This means the community as well.

While it is suited in the media section, there's no reason for Jon to be talking down for him for doing something that makes sense.
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Lord » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:57 pm

Okay guys.
Jon, yes if I put a bit more thought into it I might have put it in the media section, so my apologies. I wasn't aware that only staff members could post there about TDD related topics. So, yeah. Let's just moooooooooove on.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Jon » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:37 pm

Minifrij wrote:

It's a fairly simple idea to realise that announcements are for TDD only. I mean, take one look at the announcements section:
It's no coincidence that every single thread is created by a staff or previous staff member.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Previous

Return to Media