Music General

Post your media interests here.

Re: Music General

Postby Aron » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:33 pm

I like Green Day and Pegboard Nerds.
And I haven't heard a lot of Bondage Fairies, but the song Tenks posted up there was pretty awesome, and I think I'll listen to them more.
AronOffline
back, bitches
back, bitches

Postby Shad Shadson » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:15 am

Peebles wrote:
Lupe Fiasco's new album had me hyped after I heard a couple tracks but I was somewhat let down by the overall project. It felt like Lupe was hitting a checklist of opinions to talk about and making each song a little too long for it's own good. Some good ideas stretched thin. Some beats were pretty dope, along with Chopper being a banger.

You know I respect you and your music taste man, and while I definitely see where you're coming from, I couldn't disagree more. I love this album dude. This feels like Lupe coming back to what he was, but it's definitely a change from F&L and The Cool Lupe. I think we agree that the really good songs are legitimately really good, though. Prisoner 1&2, Chopper, Mural, Adoration of the Magi, all really great singles I think. There's one or two 'eh' songs on there, but this is definitely a step in the right direction for Lupe. Granted, I love Lupe's shit so I'm obviously biased (but I still don't defend lasers or F&L2 Pt1, fuck that shit's wack), and I definitely understand where you're coming from.

Lupe also talks about shit like why Chopper specifically is so god damn long.

phpBB [video]

I'd give it an 8.5/10 and I'm gonna call it right now and say this AT LEAST hits my top 5 for the year.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby qbeef » Sat May 30, 2015 8:54 pm

Bumping this thread cause it's relevant.

I saw Com Truise on Thursday and Neutral Milk Hotel last night. The last two nights have been pretty eventful.

Come Truise was fucking great, the bass shook the whole crowd and everyone was into the groove the whole time. Seth played way past the time he was supposed to stop, and then came back and played three more songs after begging from the crowd. The show ended at around 1AM and my legs were sore as fuck.

NMH was a completely different experience. Where with Com Truise most people were lightly hopping and nodding to the beat in a smaller room, NMH was packed to the brim in the bigger venue of the same building and was alternating between a mosh pit and swaying together to the music. Although I don't want to say it was like a religious experience, it kinda was. Everyone in the pit was on the same page the entire time and were really great. Jeff was glorious as expected and Julian danced his heart out when playing the accordion. They played a huge chunk of IAOS, and a bit of Avery Island and Ferris Wheel. 10/10 easily the best show I've been to. And no, I didn't sneak a picture. I was too much of a pussy and didn't want to get kicked out (cry
qbeefOffline
⦿
⦿

Postby Lord » Sun May 31, 2015 2:27 am

brutel wrote:Com Truise

Lol, I read this as Tom Cruise when I looked at it first. Don't know who else did that. XD
Nice story however, pretty entertaining. :)
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby MCToast » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:14 am

I love com truice and his alias airliner. I used to listen to him and vhshead a lot.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Pistol » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:55 am

brutel wrote:Wall of text

NMH is a really fantastic experience, I saw them last year. It's good you didn't take a picture, if Jeff wants no photography at his shows its the least people can do to respect that. I wish I took my record to get signed by Julian afterwards, he draws pictures on most things he signs.
PistolOffline
VIP

Postby Gage » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:59 am

I've been listening to a lot of collections and promotion pages and found a few groups I really enjoy listening to
I have really been digging The Derevolutions, they sound like some 60s - 80s Pop Rock music but have some Indie Rock going through too
phpBB [video]
GageOffline
VIP

Previous

Return to Media