Game of Thrones

Post your media interests here.

Game of Thrones

Postby Spock » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:35 pm

It's that time of year again.

The fifth season of Game of Thrones will be airing starting April 12th, which is less than two weeks from now, so it's about time we start talking about it because I am BEYOND hyped.

I'm super excited to see what happens with Tyrion and company wherever they are, how Dorne reacts after the recent events, and if Arya is finally going to learn to be a faceless assassin because Jaqen was badass. I also read that the writers are going to depart from the book events more this season, and there are even going to be some deaths that weren't and never will be in the books, which could either work out or make the show worse, so that's interesting.

How about you guys? Do you feel the hype?
SpockOffline
VIP
VIP

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Stickid » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:49 pm

i feel the hype

i've been meaning to rewatch the series, now it's perfect timing to catch up before the new season comes
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby Alca » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:10 pm

I have faith that the writers will do a good job. I've only read up to the first book so I'm not particularly bothered about any changes, and the TV series hasn't let me down yet.

Really excited for this. Game of Thrones got me absolutely addicted and I can't wait to start watching it again.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Jon » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:05 am

I will admit, I'm one of these book fags who is extremely disappointed with the fact they are changing it so much. But I guess its nice to get a surprise with every episode, without knowing what will happen. There's one specific character not yet introduced who is easily my favourite. If he doesn't get in the show, I will fucking die inside.

Nevertheless, still love the show. Definitely recommend reading the books as well.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Daniël » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:17 am

I'm pretty damn hyped about this too. I'll be honest, I kind of forgot where they left off, but I'm sure I'll be able to get back into it easily once I've watched the first episode of season 5.

As for the books, I never read any, but I can understand why people would be disappointed in the inconsistency between them and the television show.
Nonetheless, I have faith the screenwriters know what they're doing as well, as they haven't disappointed before.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Jon » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:01 am

Daniël wrote:, as they haven't disappointed before.

Not true. They disappointed heaps of fans in the fourth season. Season 4 is where they started to diverge from the books. S1-3 are all pretty much direct adaptations of the books.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Spock » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:30 pm

Jon wrote:
Daniël wrote:, as they haven't disappointed before.

Not true. They disappointed heaps of fans in the fourth season. Season 4 is where they started to diverge from the books. S1-3 are all pretty much direct adaptations of the books.

Okay, but we commoners weren't disappointed :P
SpockOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Daniël » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:14 pm

haven't disappointed me before*
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Spock » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:21 pm

The new episode just finished airing like 15 minutes ago. I feel like a whole lot is happening but nothing is at the whole time :/ idk exposition and stuff I guess.

In any case,
Spoiler:
I'm really worried about Daenerys. I mean based on some conversations I've had with people who actually read the books, I don't expect her to die just because I haven't noticed them getting pained expressions on their faces when I mention her, but I dunno man. Shit's pretty precarious for her. Oh, but Arya's gonna be a faceless dude and Jon Snow is captain of the night's watch. Fuck yeah. Even though I want Jon to be king of Winterfell and I want him to be a Stark again (mostly because Bran and Rickon are fuckboys), I'm glad he has this now and I'm glad he's not getting his power from Stannis. I don't trust that witch lady yo.
SpockOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Raymond » Tue May 19, 2015 2:44 pm

This hasn't been updated in awhile. I think it deserves a bump considering the season is still airing. Any GoT watchers currently active? The new episode was rather intense.

Spoiler:
"Don't make me go all Ramsay on your ass."
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Alca » Tue May 19, 2015 4:46 pm

I enjoyed the new episode. Quite a bit of action going on. The ending was pretty brutal but considering it's Game of Thrones I'm hardly surprised.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Return to Media