Alone In My Room my first EP + New Video

Post your media interests here.

Alone In My Room my first EP + New Video

Postby TheRavenHouse » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:01 am

Check it out right here, it's the first thing on the page. I worked on this for a few months, I learned a lot, I'm pretty happy with it though I could obviously improve. It's Hip-hop, I know that's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's mine.

https://soundcloud.com/dumah-3

I'd really appreciate any CC on this you guys may have, any comments or thoughts, I haven't really had the chance to share this with anyone but my close friends, so I'm interested in hearing what people who don't know me think.

ALSO

Video of me rapping cause yeah

phpBB [video]

Peace.
Last edited by TheRavenHouse on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Re: Alone In My Room my first EP dropped TODAY

Postby Stickid » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:04 pm

Wow man had no idea you were working on this kind of stuff!

Good shit, production is pretty diverse throughout the ep, every track sounds different and it really seems like you've learned alot over time. The vibe reminds me of some Earl Sweatshirt stuff, which is great.

The rapping has some moments when it feels a little off, like you're trying too hard to rap exactly on the beat and it doesn't flow naturally. It might sound a bit more natural if it was less "deliberate".

Overall though, this was a pleasant surprise for me. My favorite is "Talking to God", really well done. Please keep it up and keep me posted!
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby TheRavenHouse » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:39 am

Stickid wrote:Wow man had no idea you were working on this kind of stuff!

Good shit, production is pretty diverse throughout the ep, every track sounds different and it really seems like you've learned alot over time. The vibe reminds me of some Earl Sweatshirt stuff, which is great.

The rapping has some moments when it feels a little off, like you're trying too hard to rap exactly on the beat and it doesn't flow naturally. It might sound a bit more natural if it was less "deliberate".

Overall though, this was a pleasant surprise for me. My favorite is "Talking to God", really well done. Please keep it up and keep me posted!

Thanks dude!

I'm really happy you got an Earl Sweatshirt vibe from this, he was my main inspiration for this whole EP. I'll look into being less deliberate with my rapping, I haven't done much recording in the past, so anything involving vocals and vocal mixing is still a bit new to me, but I am learning all the time.

I'm glad you liked Talking to God, I thought the production was really good on that one, but tbh I payed very little attention to lyrics on that track and feel like it doesn't show off my flow and lyricism as well as some of the others.

I'll def keep you posted man, I'm just super glad some people are actually interested in what I'm doing.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby Alexis » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:09 am

those beats were delish man!

you make em? or you have a partner who makes em?
Don't Start.
AlexisOffline
pretty fuckin' dead
VIP

Postby TheRavenHouse » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:47 am

UnusAngelusAlatum wrote:those beats were delish man!

you make em? or you have a partner who makes em?

I made everything myself, the only part that isn't 100% me is the sung chorus on Jaded Teens. Everything else was written, produced, recorded, while alone in my room. Hence the name.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Postby Vito » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:29 pm

Holy shit, Dumah! Fantastic work man, I can listen to this song all day. It relaxing myself, I wish you made more awesome stuff.
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

Postby TheRavenHouse » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:23 am

-NV- wrote:Holy shit, Dumah! Fantastic work man, I can listen to this song all day. It relaxing myself, I wish you made more awesome stuff.

Haha thanks dude, which song?

Oh there's already more "awesome stuff" in the works lol, I hope to release at least two projects a year. I wanna start going to battles and open mics soon once I find more places in my area where I can, it's not exactly hip-hop central round here if you catch my tokyo drift.
TheRavenHouseOffline
A Lot Of Acid
A Lot Of Acid

Return to Media