Annie May & Mango

Post your media interests here.

Re: Annie May & Mango

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Sun May 11, 2014 10:33 am

The Black Mamba wrote:This is weird, It seemed like everyone who'd seen the show loved it.

Its just hated upon because it was popular. If Snk wasn't so popular, it probably wouldn't get 1/2 of the hate it has right now.
The people who just undyingly hate it are just hipsters that want to be different and want to piss off the people who do like it.

Example: If Rebecca Black's video didn't get 1m+ views. It probably would just a "meh, bad singing" kind of reaction.

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Yogurt » Sun May 11, 2014 12:04 pm

no. it's not. it's a bad show. there are plenty of popular shows people love (k-on, haruhi, monogatari, etc.).
"And she walked in a third time and she was just fingering his ass shes such a fucking genki girl."
-Mitch
YogurtOffline
reitred staff
reitred staff

Postby Kev » Sun May 11, 2014 1:05 pm

Secretname911 wrote:
The Black Mamba wrote:This is weird, It seemed like everyone who'd seen the show loved it.

Its just hated upon because it was popular. If Snk wasn't so popular, it probably wouldn't get 1/2 of the hate it has right now.
The people who just undyingly hate it are just hipsters that want to be different and want to piss off the people who do like it.

Example: If Rebecca Black's video didn't get 1m+ views. It probably would just a "meh, bad singing" kind of reaction.

thats because if it wasn't popular there wouldnt be half the people who've watched it to hate it
i don't hate it i just think it's exceedingly mediocre and overhyped
a lot of popular pop singers are considered mediocre or bad by discerning fans of the genre i'm pretty sure it's the same for snk
people just like it because wow trauma death and a giant budget for like 8 episodes
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Sun May 11, 2014 1:28 pm

it just doesn't live up to its hype that's all. not because we have an obligation to piss people off

for me it's p annoying when people think they know anime when all they've watched is snk. there are shows far more popular than that and i don't think it's all that hipster to call people out on it

anyways. i started darker than black yesterday. i'm prolly gonna start anohana too just cus
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Omega » Sun May 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Yogurt wrote:no. it's not. it's a bad show. there are plenty of popular shows people love (k-on, haruhi, monogatari, etc.).

I actually know tons of people who hate Haruhi... me included.
OmegaOffline
Hymen Bustah
VIP

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Sun May 11, 2014 3:17 pm

endless 8? lol
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Alca » Sun May 11, 2014 3:44 pm

Slushie wrote:it just doesn't live up to its hype that's all. not because we have an obligation to piss people off

for me it's p annoying when people think they know anime when all they've watched is snk. there are shows far more popular than that and i don't think it's all that hipster to call people out on it

anyways. i started darker than black yesterday. i'm prolly gonna start anohana too just cus

You should definitely start Anohana. Get ready for a lot of feels though.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Sun May 11, 2014 3:51 pm

I AM READY
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Omega » Sun May 11, 2014 5:08 pm

Alca wrote:You should definitely start Anohana. Get ready for a lot of feels though.

What is Anohana about? even the name sounds a little sad.
OmegaOffline
Hymen Bustah
VIP

Postby Kev » Sun May 11, 2014 5:38 pm

group of friends has a girl who died young
she appears as a ghost to the neet
the neet talks to his estranged friends
friends no longer estranged
forced crying ensues
also crossdressing

not actually a bad show though lol
Image naga
KevOffline
VIP

Postby Alca » Sun May 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Omega wrote:
Alca wrote:You should definitely start Anohana. Get ready for a lot of feels though.

It's about a group of close friends who were torn apart after one of the members of their group died in an accident. The story starts off several years after the accident and suddenly one the main character starts to see the ghost of the girl that died. He's the only one that can see her and everyone else starts to think that he's losing his mind and can't deal with reality. The series is really about this group of friends trying to become closer again and it's this ghost that starts to bring everyone together. The plot fits together very nicely, it's definitely one of the saddest anime I've seen though.
Last edited by Alca on Sun May 11, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby tenks » Sun May 11, 2014 5:50 pm

woah slow down girl, I didn't say anything
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Sun May 11, 2014 5:55 pm

Alca wrote:
Omega wrote:

Pretty much what tenks said, it's about a group of close friends who were torn apart after one of the members of their group died in an accident. The story starts off several years after the accident and suddenly one the main character starts to see the ghost of the girl that died. He's the only one that can see her and everyone else starts to think that he's losing his mind and can't deal with reality. The series is really about this group of friends trying to become closer again and it's this ghost that starts to bring everyone together. The plot fits together very nicely, it's definitely one of the saddest anime I've seen though.

I would put that comment in [spoilers].
Spoiler:
Because when I found out she was a ghost, I was surprised.

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Sun May 11, 2014 6:35 pm

^ idk i found that pretty clear within the first few minutes of the first episode. if that's the extent of the catch then that's p gey
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Yogurt » Sun May 11, 2014 6:59 pm

so is anohana a good thing? is it worth the download?
"And she walked in a third time and she was just fingering his ass shes such a fucking genki girl."
-Mitch
YogurtOffline
reitred staff
reitred staff

PreviousNext

Return to Media