Annie May & Mango

Post your media interests here.

Re: Annie May & Mango

Postby Horsie » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:27 pm

Hell yeah
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... sse/.98325

Can't wait for the Tower of God anime :D.
HorsieOffline
Fabulous
VIP

Postby Alca » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:26 pm

Damn, episode 5 of Boku dake ga Inai Machi was so intense. These cliffhangers are killing me.

But am I the only one that thought getting divorced over a chocolate bar was ridiculous?

Also:
Spoiler:

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Jack » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:18 pm

It's just cliffhanger after cliffhanger with this one, isn't it?

Speaking of cliffhangers, SNK chapter 78 came out a few days ago.
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

Postby Alca » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Just saw episode 7 of Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. Jesus Christ... Does the director have a raging hard-on for cliffhangers or something? Waiting an entire week for each episode is killing me.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby salami » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:06 am

Alca wrote:Just saw episode 7 of Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. Jesus Christ... Does the director have a raging hard-on for cliffhangers or something? Waiting an entire week for each episode is killing me.

I've waited longer, be patient (really
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot (thumbsup
salamiOffline
Active
Active

Postby lordkazari » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:12 am

can we take a moment to talk about the latest one piece?

all i have to say is woah, just woah

was not expecting that
lordkazariOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Grams » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:06 am

salami wrote:
I've waited longer, be patient (really

ban salami please

Just finished up Claymore and thoroughly enjoyed it, although
Spoiler:
I'm still a bit mixed up on why no one of higher rank was sent to face the awakened pieces of shit up north. I mean, number 3 was supposedly allowed to live under the condition she go through a series of tenuous missions. But, what could have been more pressing than a mission that required half of the total claymores? We never even see number 1 and 2, which seems incredibly odd considering the show revolves around interpreting power and/or skill by virtue of the ranking structure(which strangely enough reminded me of hunter x hunter a bit). Of course there's this implied conspiracy ordeal that was never made completely clear to the audience, which would be fine if there wasn't the implication that the 24 claymores sent north were intentionally sent to their deaths. It would explain not sending any of the top 5 to aid them, but I still have trouble believing they would, in essence, execute all of the claymores for no reason. There may be a reason, but that is also never made clear which probably stems from the fact that we know nothing about the Organization.

Also the fight with Priscilla felt less significant than the one with the silver lion king rigald or who the fuck ever and the relationship between Raki and Clare felt p arbitrary most of the time. Other than him making her feel more human in general (not minimizing that part of the relationship) he didn't do anything of importance. Excluding stopping Clare from killing Priscilla which I thought was fucking stupid since Raki had known Priscilla for all of 3 seconds and was like "no she's different than the other ones, aaa"

he also cries a lot god raki go away

how does someone like number 4 even get in the Organization

tl;dr that was way too long of a tangent and I gave it a 7, might've been an 8 if some things were cleared up. Obviously not everything has to be explained but idk; maybe they planned out a second season that never panned out or maybe they're just being dickeroos, idk man rocky I hate you

I imagine reading the manga would clear most of this up

side note: kill me
Last edited by Grams on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Jack » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:10 am

Dammit, I need to catch up on ERASED.

Edit: I'm all caught up, and HOLY FUCK.
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

Postby Alca » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:49 pm

Just finished episode 8 of Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. Damn those feels... Kayo crying literally broke my heart. What they did at the end during the breakfast scene was quite clever.

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Postby Grams » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:18 pm

Zankyou no Terror was p entertaining, recommend if you want a short suspense show (only 11 episodes). Although
Spoiler:
Lisa felt really irrelevant to the plot. I suppose that was her intended role, but idk I was waiting for some climax regarding her presence. I guess that was to carry on their legacy. Also, it's never explained, at least in depth, why they bring down Japan's infrastructure. More background on the Athena Project would have been nice, but I was content with some unknown.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Alca » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Finished Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. To be honest I'm kind of let down by the ending, it wasn't exactly what I expected, and it all felt a little rushed, maybe that's inevitable with only having 12 episodes though. The ending did differ quite a bit from the manga, but the manga ending wasn't all that great in the first place so I doubt it made too much difference.

Spoiler:
Would have really liked some more development with Airi. The scene at the end was touching, but they had so little chemistry together that it didn't have a great deal of impact. Plus I still think he should have ended up with Kayo, those two had so much development together that it seems like a waste. Plus she ended up with one of his best friends of all people. Kind of feels like Satoru got cuckolded.

Anyway, in the end there were plenty of breathtaking moments. Even the bad ending can't change how damn perfect Kayo's arc was.

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Postby Leo » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:30 am

Waiting the Episode 3 of Kabaneri.
But I'm watching Campione.
LeoOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Strider » Sun May 01, 2016 8:47 pm

JUSTICE GUN MORPHING
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Grams » Thu May 19, 2016 12:59 am

i just watched ep 1 of ninja slayer and im fucking dying
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Jack » Thu May 19, 2016 12:16 pm

Just finished Danganronpa and it was pretty awful imo. It couldn't decide whether to be serious or funny, or maybe I just couldn't see past Aoi's tits.
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

PreviousNext

Return to Media