Regular
Regular

Re: Annie May & Mango

Postby Strider » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:57 pm

Yogurt wrote:one

punch

man

dont worry, the animation is good heh

It really is, was very impressed with the first two episodes. Always been a fan of action sequences animated in that sketchy style. As far as I know, it's a hint at the original manga with its purposefully rough drawing style, right?

lordkazari wrote:What is your favorite anime?
I have three that I deem near perfect. Mushishi, Tatami Galaxy and Nichijou.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Yogurt » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:42 pm

Strider wrote:
Yogurt wrote:one

punch

man

dont worry, the animation is good heh

It really is, was very impressed with the first two episodes. Always been a fan of action sequences animated in that sketchy style. As far as I know, it's a hint at the original manga with its purposefully rough drawing style, right?

the manga didn't have so much a rough, sketchy artstyle during fights, it was over-the-top immense detail to contrast to saitama's stupid face

iirc the sketchy style comes from an animator they hired who made key frames for ttgl, which is pretty obvious
"And she walked in a third time and she was just fingering his ass shes such a fucking genki girl."
-Mitch
YogurtOffline
reitred staff
reitred staff

Postby Strider » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:16 am

Woops, meant the webcomic, not the manga.
http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby tenks » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:53 pm

the crude artstyle in the webcomic comes from the fact that ONE drew it all by himself, for the manga he actually got a good artist.
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Postby Strider » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:55 pm

Yeah, I know. What does that have to do with anything. I was just wondering if the sketchy drawing style (specifically thinking of the #bigguy's leap at 13:40 in episode 1, as well as the crayon style drawings at 19:22) might have been inspired by that original art style.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Yogurt » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:08 pm

pretty sure that's just the ttgl animator guy doing his signature thing
"And she walked in a third time and she was just fingering his ass shes such a fucking genki girl."
-Mitch
YogurtOffline
reitred staff
reitred staff

Postby tenks » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:47 pm

i was pointing out that the 'art style' in the original webcomic wasn't something done on purpose, it was just that ONE wasn't very good at drawing, so he got an actual manga artist to draw for the manga, because with his art, a onepunchman manga would have never been serialized and like doug pointed out, thats just the ttgl guy doing his thing, if any the anime so far looks very close to the manga with little to no resemblance to the webcomic at all
tenksOffline
花

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:29 am

ya that was a reach don't look too hard into it lol

one punch man is really good but everyone's hyping it with that "savior of anime" shit like they did with attack on titan. please leave it alone
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Strider » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:44 am

I've mostly avoided discussion of it personally. I'd say it has potential to become widely mainstream though. For me it's been enjoyable so far, both fun and well-produced.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby tenks » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:52 am

that savior of anime shit is pulled for everything that is a bit above the average after ep 1, then after a while everyone has either forgotten about it or it turned out to be shit.
tenksOffline
花

Postby SIFTER » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Does it even matter if a series become mainstream? Seriously. Why is it when an enemy or manka get mainstream, it automatically means it's shit? Also, should people's opinions really change your vision on things like animi? "So it's become mainstream. I hate it now." Unless there's an inside joke that I'm not aware of, it's dumb.

Anyway, the series so far hasn't disappointed me in the slightest. If anything, I haven't enjoyed an anime as much as this one in particular, and I watch anime once every red moon. On another note, I'm currently reading Inu Yashiki. It's pretty interesting, to say the least.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Yogurt » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Sifter wrote:Does it even matter if a series become mainstream? Seriously. Why is it when an enemy or manka get mainstream, it automatically means it's shit? Also, should people's opinions really change your vision on things like animi? "So it's become mainstream. I hate it now." Unless there's an inside joke that I'm not aware of, it's dumb.

Anyway, the series so far hasn't disappointed me in the slightest. If anything, I haven't enjoyed an anime as much as this one in particular, and I watch anime once every red moon. On another note, I'm currently reading Inu Yashiki. It's pretty interesting, to say the least.

when did anyone say mainstream anime is shit anywhere in there

tell me when anyone has ever said something popular like fma:b, hxh, etc is shit because it's popular
-Mitch
YogurtOffline
reitred staff
reitred staff

Postby Strider » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:08 am

Yeah, basically what Yogurt said. Popularity doesn't say much about quality. It just means it knows how to push the right buttons. But popularity can never be the reason an anime is good or bad. Reception doesn't define anything about the actual content, except in the future with spawning more seasons etc.
But eh, who cares, just watch anime you want, you're a super normie if you think popularity matters for either better or worse.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Grams » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:10 am

Strider wrote:normie

looks like someone likes memes
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide