Annie May & Mango

Post your media interests here.

Re: Annie May & Mango

Postby Strider » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:50 am

I watched Yuyushiki over two days and only while high, which I can only recommend. Getting through the sol gag comedy anime one by one.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby lordkazari » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:02 pm

Yogurt wrote:
lordkazari wrote:can we all agree all anime besides eva and bebop is for retarded man children

why even post this

cause it's true sorry fam
lordkazariOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Grams » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:10 am

watching future diaries in addition to whatever I'm watching that's currently airing

p entertaining so far and will have to see where it goes, although it's never really a surprise when you find out a specific person is a diary holder because every single one is fucking really zany

man I'm behind on one punch man
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Strider » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:49 am

Only watching 3 anime this season, so I'm looking forward to winter. One-Punch Man is alright, not quite as interesting now compared to the start, in my opinion. Yuru Yuri s3 is fun, but not quite as good as the previous seasons, except for a few select moments (like the silent part of episode 8, that was 10/10). And then I'm watching Komori-san Wa Kotowarenai, which is a lot of fun and has a neat art style.

Not interested in a lot of next season either though. Gonna watch the new Kyoani show, Prince of Stride probably and then Sekkou Boys cause it looks stupid as fuck.
I want a new 10/10, is that too much to ask for. Damn nips.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Mitch » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:10 am

Watch that Kyoani show fucking bomb because its once of their licensed novel adaptations which always go AMAZING. I hope it turns out to be decent but it wont.

Strider wrote:Fuck you ironic cunt faggots and your shitty animeme culture

literally my thoughts on Sekkou Boys but i'm still gonna watch the first ep and then drop it anyway ;_;

For some reason I wanna see the end of God Eater, there was literally nothing special or above average about that show in any way shape or form and most people just gave up but I kinda wanna watch more iunno why.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Strider » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:15 am

Yeah, I don't have very high hopes for Musaigen, it honestly looks really uninteresting. But let's see, at least it'll probably have great animation and look pretty.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:56 am

i have barely been following this season but all ive kept up with is one punch man kinda.. its being adapted pretty well so that's always good

keep me updated w/ what to watch next season boys
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Raymond » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:24 am

Cowboy Memebop wrote:all ive kept up with is one punch man kinda..

This show is ridiculous, but I love it. For the longest time I refused to watch subtitles because it takes your attention away from the actual animation, but one punch man is the first anime where I made an exception and I am so glad I did.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Slipstream » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Man, I put OPM on hold after the first 4 eps, I just felt like it went nowhere with too low a budget.

But the new Gundam series holy fucking shit is super good, super duper slooper recommend it for any that cares lol
SlipstreamOffline

Postby Strider » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:26 am

Slipstream wrote:with too low a budget.

You have no idea what you're talking about. How does OPM look low budget. It's pretty high quality animation, and without caring enough to actually google the budget and compare it to the average for 1-cour anime, I'll tell you that it's above average.
However, low budget =/ low quality, and high budget =/ high quality.
Kyoani's stuff for instance is not all that high budget-wise, but the quality of the animation is pretty much always pristine.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Mitch » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:03 am

Yeah that's a really common misconception with Kyoani, they don't have insane budgets. Cept for Hyouka which was made out of K-on! money and it fucking shows.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Slipstream » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:03 pm

Strider wrote:
Slipstream wrote:with too low a budget.

You have no idea what you're talking about. How does OPM look low budget. It's pretty high quality animation, and without caring enough to actually google the budget and compare it to the average for 1-cour anime, I'll tell you that it's above average.

I'll concede to that, I was mostly talking out my ass when I said that.

I know it'll sound like a copout and consumer selfishness considering how shitty it is working as an animator in Japan, but what I meant when I said that was that I thought it was going to be better. I remember some of the earlier fights looking a little bland, and there were quite a bit of still-shots or shots that did have movement, but very little of it.

I had heard that OPM was going to be this fantastic anime that was going to be super high budget and have insane fight scenes with amazing and flowing choreography (this one held true imo), and when I saw those first 4 eps, I was let down. I guess that's more on me than Madhouse, and I'll fully accept that I probably ruined it for myself by buying into the hype.

Also, can you guys tell me how Madhouse keeps getting their budget? From what I've read and what I've seen, Madhouse sells like shit. Maybe I was misinformed, but how does that work if it's true?
SlipstreamOffline

Postby tenks » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:32 am

Well you were talking out of your ass but you were right. OPM does not have a high budget, the chief animation director for OPM confirmed that on twitter (could be PR tho, idc enough to look into that). He pretty much said they are working with an average budget, as any contract-work ever unless you're an afternoon kids-show.

So you yeah, you fucked yourself over buying into the hype, tho' it could be a lot worse in terms of quality of animation, don't you think?

In terms of budget, everything sells like shit, unless you're contracted by some big dick collective like aniplex, you will fight for your existence with every show you bust out. Most money is made over merch,overseas liscensing and BD sales. So madhouse isn't getting any insane amount of budget in the first place, they just try to make the best out of what they have.

That and madhouse is getting anyone who is good at what they do from other studios for OPM.
スチーム::アニメ::ミュージック::
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ my VAGOO feels VAGOOD tenk HEH - MIcht 2015 ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
tenksOffline
花

Postby Leo » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:30 am

I just watch Attack on Titan Movie Part 1 and it's really awesome!! :D
LeoOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Alca » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:18 pm

Watching Non Non Biyori Season 2. Aside from Aria it's probably the most relaxing anime I've watched.

As for this season I'm only watching Owarimonogatari and Noragami Aragato. Owarimonogatari is pretty great so far though, as expected.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

PreviousNext

Return to Media