World Cup 2014

Post your media interests here.

World Cup 2014

Postby Daniël » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:58 pm

It's that time of the year again, the world cup is on-going. Spain and England have disappointed us all, while France, the Netherlands and Costa Rica are surprising us all with their outstanding performances.

So who are you guys supporting? Who do you think is going to win the cup?

Personally, I'm all about the Netherlands, but I think Germany also has great potential to be winning this one too.

Anyway, LET'S DISCUSS SOME FOOTBALL!
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Re: World Cup 2014

Postby Senzo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:41 pm

I´m supporting Uruguay as I live there. Although the team is not playing as good as 2010, it is reassuring that we won against a big team such as England. Teams from America are surprising me, Chile also did a great performance and it has good players, but Netherlands has my vote. That first Van Persie goal against Spain was beautiful.
SenzoOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Axon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:49 pm

RIP England I'm not sure if Iran are out but I saw them against Argentina they were pretty good so they are the team I'm supporting now
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Postby Daniël » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:05 pm

Senzo wrote:I´m supporting Uruguay as I live there. Although the team is not playing as good as 2010, it is reassuring that we won against a big team such as England. Teams from America are surprising me, Chile also did a great performance and it has good players, but Netherlands has my vote. That first Van Persie goal against Spain was beautiful.

I feel like the goal from Van Persie took a lot of the shine from Robben's goal, where he basically let Casillas crawl for the ball. Nonetheless, it was a more than beautiful goal of his.
Axon wrote:RIP England I'm not sure if Iran are out but I saw them against Argentina they were pretty good so they are the team I'm supporting now

They're currently 3 points behind Nigeria, but there's a very real chance that they will continue to the next round if they beat Bosnia and Argentina beats Nigeria and at least one of these games has a score difference of at least two.

Anyway, just watched the game of the United States against Portugal, which almost cost Portugal's head if it wasn't for a goal in the very last minute. Though I have to admit, they really stepped up their game after the US took the lead.

I still hope the USA and Germany will both continue to the next round, which is still more than likely to happen.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Axon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:10 pm

if USA continue to next round with England not winning any games I will laugh and then suicide
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Postby Daniël » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:26 pm

To be honest, England has been really over-hyped for years. The only thing England is good at is purchasing great players to make great clubs. Sadly, none of these players come from England and Rooney has been way over his pinnacle and is pretty much only popular because England doesn't really have any other homegrown players to adore.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Axon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:31 pm

nah england is definitely not over hyped pretty much everyone (mainly english people) expect us to do badly, I don't know where you're getting the idea we're over hyped from

our players are legit good they are just bad when they play for England lol, you sound like you don't really know what you're talking about gonna be honst m8
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Postby Daniël » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:43 pm

Axon wrote:nah england is definitely not over hyped pretty much everyone (mainly english people) expect us to do badly, I don't know where you're getting the idea we're over hyped from

our players are legit good they are just bad when they play for England lol, you sound like you don't really know what you're talking about gonna be honst m8

Do I need to remind you that this is your star-player.

I used to be very much into Liverpool, but even I have realized that Gerrard is also way past his prime, same goes for Lampard as well. The only (somewhat) young star talent that is currently playing for the English team is Sturridge, besides that, all of the English greatest players are just too old. Skilled, but old. My guess is that 2016 will be even more disastrous for you people unless there's going to be a heavy influx of young new talent.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Return to Media