TV Shows

Post your media interests here.

Re: TV Shows

Postby socks » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:05 pm

Slushie wrote:i need to catch up on workaholics

It's gotten worse man, like a lot worse.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:22 pm

i guess i wont catch up then
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Peebles » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:31 pm

Fargo is surprisingly well written and clever. The first episode pissed me off beyond belief for the first 20 minutes or so. It came off as a "haha look they have canadian accents" and it was almost intolerable. But once that came off as less try-hardy, it was pretty solid. A lot darker than I thought it was going to be and the acting is just top fucking notch. The homages to other Coen Bros. films add a little humor to it.

Rewatching the US Office (im sorry but that UK version is fucking garbage) and going to Peep Show here and there for some laughs.

Obviously on that Game Of Thrones grind and hyped as fuck for tonight's banger.
2008-2015, 2019-
PeeblesOffline
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c

Postby ThePabo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Just remembered that I need to watch and finish Lilyhammer. Pretty humorous with an ominous setting, but overall fun to watch.
ThePaboOffline

Postby Axon » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:07 pm

they're American accents surely Peebles?Z it's very good though, I especially like how it makes you not want to root for any one character in particular
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Postby Kap'n Krunch » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:31 pm

Mitch wrote:
Kap'n Krunch wrote:Help pls, out of things to watch

If you've watched champloo and Boondocks than by law you have to watch bebop and afro samurai.

I've seen every afro episode and that shit of a movie. Watching bebop atm
Kap'n KrunchOffline
I didn't pay4 shit
I didn't pay4 shit

Postby Shad Shadson » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:35 pm

Oh you know I've been keeping up with the newest season of the boondocks

Boondocks S4E9 Spoilers
Spoiler:
I was kind of right? I mean it wasn't an actor, but I did say it wasn't Stinkmeaner. A clone is kind of Stinkmeaner, though. Honestly didn't see that one coming but I don't know why I didn't. Was kind of hoping we'd see Ceasar from the comic, and the "white shadow", but whatever who cares.

In other news, this season's been a let down. It DEFINITELY feels like watered down boondocks. Some of the best episodes of this season ("Freedom Ride or Die", "Freedomland", "Good times" and even maybe "Early Bird Special") Don't feel quite as good at the best episodes of the other seasons.

It hurts saying this but PLEASE don't bring this back Adult Swim. It's not the same without MacGruder and it kind of hurts to watch. I'll probably get a copy of this season but I doubt I'll watch it often. It's kind of like Season 2 in that way.
The sleeper has awakened.
Only to sleep again.
ʇɥɐʇ ıs uoʇ pǝɐp ʍɥıɔɥ ɔɐu ǝʇǝɹuɐן ןıǝ' ɐup ʍıʇɥ sʇɹɐuƃǝ ɐǝous ǝʌǝu pǝɐʇɥ ɯɐʎ pıǝ
Shad ShadsonOffline
2006-2015
2006-2015

Postby socks » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Fargo hurts me in many ways. Ep. 10
Spoiler:
So I went to watch the series finale with my two friends, and it was just so much better having people to talk to about what in the fuck just happened on that show, man. So when Malvo cornered Lester, and the bar trap comes in to play, the screaming happens. Malvo, runs back to his home where Gus is waiting for him, then Mid monologue Gus unloads into Malvo, ruining him. He fucking gets back up and snarls at him, then preceded to be shot another 3 times. Lester was caught on tape killing his wife and after a long snowmobile chase happens he fell into a frozen lake and dies. The show is over for now, but even if it starts up it's going to be hard to top the people that were in this one, man.
Last edited by socks on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Ashero » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:34 pm

Spongebob is cool...
AsheroOffline
new scrooge
VIP

Postby Stickid » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:47 pm

we need to get into the habit of naming the episodes we want to spoil before we spoil them
it's probably due to my own incompetence, but i'll be halfway through reading a spoiler when i realize it's for an episode i haven't seen yet

Fargo S01, E10
Spoiler:
wow i wasn't expecting this harsh of a season finale, i thought they would introduce more into the plot before wrapping things up. great ending though, everything played out pretty tightly. but, yes this episode was partially spoiled for me :/
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

Postby Axon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:39 pm

^agreed (haven't read ur spoiler yet I think I'm on ep9)

also I think even saying "Fargo hurts me in many ways." is not on Stripes m8 because it gives me expectations or an idea of what this episode might be even if you didn't directly spoil it do it again and you will be ban
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Postby Gage » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Axon wrote:^agreed (haven't read ur spoiler yet I think I'm on ep9)

also I think even saying "Fargo hurts me in many ways." is not on Stripes m8 because it gives me expectations or an idea of what this episode might be even if you didn't directly spoil it do it again and you will be ban

You're in for a really nasty treat for episode 10
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Axon » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:31 am

stop!!! :(
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Postby socks » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:03 am

To be honest, if your watching a show and you are in the middle of the show. Clicking a spoiler for the show shouldn't be something you do. Especially if it starts off like this " So I went to watch the series finale with my two friends"
I learned this the hard way multiple times before hand (G.O.T, Fargo, Bebop, Red Dead Redemption. ect. ect.). I think saying the title of the show is just enough for the person looking at it to not click it if your still watching said show. I did change it though, as i understand that some people want to see previous information. I'm sorry if I spoiled it for you Stickid, I would have been ticked if it were spoiled for me.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Stickid » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:20 pm

i like your attitude yeah. like i said, the spoil was mostly due to my own incompetence, i should've checked if i was caught up
but i place 9-12% of the blame on you Stripes
StickidOffline
whodunnit
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to Media