What does "Spam Pit"... mean?

Random discussions belong here.

What does "Spam Pit"... mean?

Postby tuna » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:14 pm

As i lay in bed last night, and i turned my bedside light off ready for a deep and relaxing sleep, my mind wondered the calm meadow of wonder. and i wondered, what does the "Spam Pit"...mean?
well, i considered the full name of the Spam pit, and i discovered something rather...interesting.

from this source, you might think that the spam Pit is indeed, a place where freedom rules. however, contrary to this belief, i found a perhaps, overwhelming piece of evidence which would perhaps suggest that we are not in full liberty within the mud bath in which we wallow.

No. shortly afterwards, this thread met a... painful closure. is the spam pit truly free? i believe these two contrasting pieces of information create a platform for an interesting debate.

please, feel free to... *leans back in the armchair and places fingertips together* discuss your views.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Re: What does "Spam Pit"... mean?

Postby SIFTER » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:19 pm

Spam pit is basically anything that has no relation to the site what so ever. Be it cooking, racing... Anything as long as it has a point. Absolute freedom means that honkies spam(if anyone remembers that in the days of A.net where the honkies spammed the shit out of the whole site to the point where you can't use it anymore) is allowed. In other words, if something is so pointless, then it has to be locked.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Caleb » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:25 pm

I think I wouldn't have problems with that happening in spam pit, but then spam pit alone. If you don't enjoy it you just don't go to spam pit, it's that simple. If you want the few threads of spam pit you personally believe are good but not the other shit where people have spammish fun then fucking put them in general talk, how hard can it be.

And especially that shit from yesterday. Description of spam pit: "Random discussions belong here." PLEASE tell me how what we were having yesterday does not fall under this category and therefore needed to be locked. I just don't understand this shit.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Mat » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:29 pm

Sifter wrote:Spam pit is basically anything that has no relation to the site what so ever. Be it cooking, racing... Anything as long as it has a point. Absolute freedom means that honkies spam(if anyone remembers that in the days of A.net where the honkies spammed the shit out of the whole site to the point where you can't use it anymore) is allowed. In other words, if something is so pointless, then it has to be locked.

But it isn't pointless. It is fun without being damaging in this case, which causes confusion as to why these threads gets locked. Not that you would understand having fun since you take every little thing so seriously.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Anton » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:29 pm

I think that "Spam pit" is really a pejorative term.

In saw a good forum with its section with the most posts (= kind of a spam pit) named "Tavern".

... We should not use the term "spam", it wields too much evil in it.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Axon » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:48 pm

The Black Mamba's admitted that he jumped the gun on that topic so I think I'll just unlock it.
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Postby Koolcid » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Axon wrote:The Black Mamba's admitted that he jumped the gun on that topic so I think I'll just unlock it.

ITS TOO LATE THE DAMAGE IS DONE.

REVOLUTIOOOOOOON.
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby Mitch » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:43 pm

Axon wrote:The Black Mamba's admitted that he jumped the gun on that topic so I think I'll just unlock it.

The fact that he even had to admit that is dumb, because he didn't do anything wrong and the fact that he DID admit to that basically tells me that Mamba wanted to give babbys their thread and avoid being pestered.

The spam pit, despite it's name, is a place to post topics that are maybe a little too rustic for the chat section, not a place to blatantly shitpost. Tuna and his fucking band of merry men know this shit as well.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby MCToast » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:01 am

So mates, we have general talk and spam pit, how these differ? Should I post my "what's your favorite artist" thread in a general chat or a spam pit? This setup doesn't make sense... Now that many people don't do pivot, these threads are the only fun thing on this place. How is any of these threads hurting anyone? How does shit posting on spam pit affect the rest of the forum, if shit posting stays only there? These locks just anger people, I understand there's rules and whatnot, but shouldn't we have fun instead? Maybe have a forum just for that, a spam pit.

Thank you

Kind regards

yours truly

MCToast

XOXO
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Mitch » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:04 am

Define fun.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby MCToast » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:12 am

A thread where people post without hurting anyone and everyone has a good time.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Mitch » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:15 am

But wasn't that entire fucking Grace thing derived from some stupid shit that Mori posted? He's probably like 10 years old so he probably felt like he was being exploited for a joke which he kinda was honestly.

I mean, I don't want the place to become fucking "Darkdemon: hurt feelings edition." But i'm honestly surprised you of all people would defend stupid cunts like Tuna and Mat.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby MCToast » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:20 am

I'm not defending them really, just that the forum is called spam pit and my topics gets locked there. My threads were in no way harmful.

I see your point, I didn't think it like that, but they lock every thread possible.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby socks » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:54 am

Origin of "Grace" viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2013
It's hard to define what is and is not spam, it really is. But this, right here is obviously spam for the sake of evoking a reaction. This, aswell as the "Grace" thread should be locked. This is literally going to turn bad, real fast.
And if Tuna didn't talk in such a condescending manner, this could have been a thread that could fix an error.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby The Black Mamba » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:58 am

Locking this will only cause more havoc and most likely more threads. They can have their discussion, it's not harming anyone. Plus they're not really getting a reaction out of staff, so this thread is pretty much going no where.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Next

Return to Spam Pit Everything & Anything