Super powers!

Random discussions belong here.

Super powers!

Postby Lord » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:01 pm

Okay super power time.

So... I think I can assume that everyone at some point, past or present, wanted a super power of some kind.
Here's the thread where you can share what power you'd like to have and why.

This can also be extremely useful for finding motivation to animate, I've found.

So you don't have a super power... just animate it! You can always let your dreams run wild in your animations, I think to be true.

So, to start, with me, I'd like the super power of electricity manipulation.
If you've ever seen the film Hulk (2003) then you'd know what I'm talking about.
An ability like this.
I'd have the ability basically to absorb electricity and my power would grow with the more I absorbed, although I would have a base line for the amount of electricity I could have at the minimum, without absorbing anything.

Here's an awesome picture I found of it.

The thing though about this power is that it's very hard to animate, although I can say that it ison my to-do list this year, hopefully.

So what super power would you like to have?
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: Super powers!

Postby Raymond » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:11 pm

Telekinesis. It would be so efficient for your everyday life.

Or maybe the power to have whatever I imagine laid out in an animating program. So you can easily think up some fantastic looking animations that represent your own thoughts. It would be a great way of expressing how you feel and it would be pretty cool.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Lord » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Raymond wrote:Or maybe the power to have whatever I imagine laid out in an animating program. So you can easily think up some fantastic looking animations that represent your own thoughts. It would be a great way of expressing how you feel and it would be pretty cool.

That would be useful, infinite applications in animating.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Anton » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Having Kirby's indestructible skin.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby SIFTER » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:07 pm

Freezing time. This will allow me to do ANYTHING I want without being noticed. It will also allow me to think as long as i want to during exams or leave my house at the very last second before the school's door closes, and lots more.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Juke » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Teleportation would a handy one. You can also teleport anything you have in your posession.
Teleport in to a bank vault, put the money in the bag, teleport out. Would be so good.
^ Sifter's idea would be awesome too.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby SIFTER » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:13 pm

Freezing time can be the ultimate super power, in my opinion: Not only you'd be able to avoid just about anything, it can also work as a teleport(freeze time, move from point A to point B, then get time back to normal)
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Daniël » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:21 pm

Freezing time would definitely be nice, but I'm gonna go with the realistic superpower of just being filthy, filthy rich.

Basically Batman, only without the being a hero part.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Alca » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:30 pm

Maybe invisibility, so I could sneak into women's locker rooms and watch them getting dressed. Also it'd be pretty easy to steal whatever you want.

More realistically I'd probably go with being filthy rich too though, if that's even a superpower. Money is everything and I'd be pretty content.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Cheese » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:35 pm

Sifter wrote:Freezing time. This will allow me to do ANYTHING I want without being noticed. It will also allow me to think as long as i want to during exams or leave my house at the very last second before the school's door closes, and lots more.

Freezing time would be the best of all the things. You could move stuff around the moment someone turns around and still be in the same spot when they look back.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Aron » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Alca wrote:Maybe invisibility, so I could sneak into women's locker rooms and watch them getting dressed. Also it'd be pretty easy to steal whatever you want.

More realistically I'd probably go with being filthy rich too though, if that's even a superpower. Money is everything and I'd be pretty content.

*undressed
I, personally, would love like a combo of teleportation and telekinesis. You could teleport yourself, and everything you wanted. That would be fucking awesome.
AronOffline
back, bitches
back, bitches

Postby Coweetie » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:05 am

telekinesis and teleportation are good indicators to get fat (cheesygrin

i'd choose flying.
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Anton » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:46 am

Yeah because moving somewhere else by foot is to tiring (cheesygrin

There's another one for you :
Being able to connect dreams, thus being able to host an online "dream" server.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Llama » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:27 pm

Anton wrote:Yeah because moving somewhere else by foot is to tiring (cheesygrin

There's another one for you :
Being able to connect dreams, thus being able to host an online "dream" server.

I don't know whether that would be amazing or terrifying. Some things are better left within the confines of our subconscious thoughts if you ask me.

I would personally love a power that allows the easy storage of anything that you can get your hands on, kind of like a personal PO box that's connected to you in a unique way. That way you could discreetly carry anything you want and whip it out of thin air whenever necessary.

Think of Homura Akemi from Puella Magi Madoka Magical (amazing anime series if you haven't seen it).
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Tosh » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Juke wrote:Teleportation would a handy one. You can also teleport anything you have in your posession.
Teleport in to a bank vault, put the money in the bag, teleport out. Would be so good.
^ Sifter's idea would be awesome too.

Oh man, this would be the best thing ever.
Teleportation is easily the most useful super power
ToshOffline
Professional
Professional

Next

Return to Spam Pit Everything & Anything