Help.

Random discussions belong here.

Help.

Postby Llama » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:29 am

I need some help regarding a friend.

There's a guy in my art class that I sit next to. The very first day of that class, he immediately struck up a conversation with me regarding art styles and mediums. It was nice, and I thought I'd get along pretty well with him. The very next day, he started revealing his "true colors", so to speak. As I talked and got to know him more, I realized a bunch of things about him:

1) He's somewhat of a narcissist. Just barely under the threshold of asshole status.

2) He has a library of stories about himself that he shares with everyone else at the table we sit at. A lot of them are over the top and unbelievable.

3) He's incredibly intelligent, but he tries to use his knowledge to disprove every single factual thing anyone at the table brings up, even if he's the one that's incorrect.

4) He'll follow and watch me from hiding places in the hallways and try to spook me. He'll also randomly touch my arms and wipe something on them, supposedly water, but it makes me antsy and nervous off my ass.

5) He has random "episodes" where he'll black out, then start unconsciously laughing. A few times, it's clear that he's faking it.

He obviously has some sort of "kink" in his system, but I never try to bring it up for the sake of privacy and decency. He can be unbearably annoying, but I don't want to straight up tell him to fuck off, especially since he gets bullied constantly already. He has a caseworker that visits him in class once in a while, so I know he has help, but I'm still worried about him.

Any helpful advice or insight to provide?
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Re: Help.

Postby Caleb » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:22 am

Just call him out on it when he does something you don't like. Just ask why he does that and maybe he'll understand that it's stupid and he'll stop. Communication is key.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby Daniël » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:23 am

In cases like these, I would honestly not take the effort to hang out with him. If the guy is this unsympathetic, whether or not he can help it, that's not your problem and you also shouldn't make it that.

Maybe I'm just an asshole, but apparently, so is he.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Waters » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:58 am

Tell him to stop being dumb or to fuck off. Honestly if he's doing this stupid attention grabbing shitck he's not worth your time and will just end up getting you into shit or annoying you to hell and back.
||Fightan Youtube||
5B>B>3C>2DC>5DA>dl[4]6A>5B>3C>2DC>6DC/Super/[2]8C
WatersOffline
Option Selects
Option Selects

Return to Spam Pit Everything & Anything