Things that happened at my work site today

Random discussions belong here.

Things that happened at my work site today

Postby Schmitty » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:23 am

For those of you who don't know I work in the construction industry as a carpenter. I am on a site right now and we are building a unit housing complex, 3 stories high and about 18 rooms per floor. Now because there is a lot of elevated work going on, we have a crane on site at all times to lift materials and tools on and off the top floor.

Today at about 1 pm, I was working in a room on the second floor with some work mates, when all of a sudden we heard this loud thud and the sound of scaffolding falling. At first we didn't think much of it, until another work mate poked his head in the door and told us that the crane had fallen over. After telling us this all 4 of us dropped our tool belts and ran up stairs to make sure everyone was alright and accounted for
No one is entirely sure as to why it fell, but I'm willing to bet that an investigation will be carried out over the next couple of days. Luckily, no one was injured, and the worst thing to happen was the crane operator was pretty shaken. I didn't get any pictures of the damage done to the building, but the edge of the building where the boom collided with the building got damaged pretty badly. Also the hook hit the concrete slab with such force, that it nearly punched a hole right through it. To give you an idea, the slab is 170 mm (About 6.5 inches) thick. After that the site was shut down, and we will be going tomorrow to see if we can continue work or if the job site will be closed for a few days.

Honestly it was a pretty frightening experience, as I was working 2 rooms from the end where the crane fell. And I was absolutely terrified of what I might see when I was heading upstairs.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Re: Things that happened at my work site today

Postby Juke » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:51 am

Jesus that's quite a story. Good to hear nobody got injured, typical builders though eh! XD
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Lord » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:42 pm

Lol, would have loved to have seen that happening.
Thankfully of course nobody was injured.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Daniël » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:25 pm

I'm disappointed there weren't any gore-pictures that came along with this, but I'm glad at least you didn't get hurt. You're one of the few on here that share my love with Pokémon.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Jon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Daniël wrote:I'm disappointed there weren't any gore-pictures that came along with this, but I'm glad at least you didn't get hurt.

So basically you're disappointed someone other than Schmitty didn't get hurt?
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Jojishi » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:22 am

Daniël wrote:I'm disappointed there weren't any gore-pictures that came along with this, but I'm glad at least you didn't get hurt. You're one of the few on here that share my love with Pokémon.

Yeah, honestly, this is the internet. Where are the gore pictures? You don't have to hide them from us Schmitty.

Anyway, that sounded terrifying. Glad no one was hurt but at least you have some cool pics and a story from the whole incident. That truck looks like it sunk into the ground or something! Clipping at it's finest. You have a cool Pokémon avatar by the way with it looking 3D and all. It's cool you work as a carpenter. I got you mixed up with Slashed for some reason, probably because you're both Australian and have similar names I guess.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Schmitty » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:59 am

But.... Slashed isn't Australian at all.
SchmittyOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Yogurt » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:08 pm

Schmitty wrote:But.... Slashed isn't Australian at all.

rekt
"And she walked in a third time and she was just fingering his ass shes such a fucking genki girl."
-Mitch
YogurtOffline
reitred staff
reitred staff

Postby Josh » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Jojishi wrote:I got you mixed up with Slashed for some reason, probably because you're both Australian and have similar names I guess.

Slashed lives in the south of England lol
DarkDemon Member since 6th July 2010
JoshOffline
2010 - 2015
Web Developer

Postby Ward » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:43 pm

That's messed up. Hope it doesn't delay your work too long.

SSSSSSCCCCHHHHHHMMMMMMUUUUURRRRRTTTAAAAAAHHHH
WardOffline
Retired

Postby Jojishi » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:44 am

Minifrij wrote:
Jojishi wrote:I got you mixed up with Slashed for some reason, probably because you're both Australian and have similar names I guess.

Slashed lives in the south of England lol

Oh hahahahaha. He's Australian in my eyes. In fact, everyone is! We are one, but we are many...
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Daniël » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:22 am

Jon wrote:
Daniël wrote:I'm disappointed there weren't any gore-pictures that came along with this, but I'm glad at least you didn't get hurt.

So basically you're disappointed someone other than Schmitty didn't get hurt?

Pfff no... Maybe. Yeah.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Raymond » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:34 am

I saw this on Reddit. That sucks it happened, but it's good that no one got hurt. It looks like part of the crane car sunk in the dirt. It also looks like the weight of the crane buckled the front tires.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Return to Spam Pit Everything & Anything